Weather Station Hardware > Weather Station Pictures

Weather Stations on Stamps

(1/2) > >>

BKS97:
Two hobbies of mine merged: weather stations and stamp collecting.  Here are a few stamps from around the world featuring weather stations from the former Gilbert and Ellice Islands, Portugal, Albania and Namibia respectively.  The stamp I use as an avatar is from Sweden. 
—Bill

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]         [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]         [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

BeaverMeadow:
Thanks for pics of those beautiful stamps.

They all make the emphatic point that heat shielding is absolutely essential.

ValentineWeather:
Yes agree, very nice stamps...I'm glad forums like this exist for those that thought they were alone in there passion or hobby.

BKS97:
Thanks to you both. As you can see, most stamps featuring weather stations depict some version of the Stevenson Screen enclosure.  Many other weather-related stamps are issued to honor the World Meteorological Organization, World Meteorological Day, government weather agencies, and weather instruments.   —Bill

Fokis:
This is very cool.  Thank you for sharing.  I was actually born in Sweden and will share your avatar with my dad.  He'll get a kick out of it.  =D>

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version