Author Topic: Getting back up on Weatherunderground  (Read 1448 times)

Offline SierraFoothills

• Rail Road Flat Weather
Getting back up on Weatherunderground
« on: November 02, 2017, 09:12:33 PM »
I had two weeks down to upgrade a failing WMR968 with a Vantage Pro2 Wireless. I'm still using VWS and all I had to do was change the weather station hardware settings and all rest stayed the same. It is working and CWOP is working but Weatherunderground shows my station as not reporting and it is set up correctly (Station ID and Wunderground Password) same as before I went down. I sent a "Contact support" note with a screen shot of my VWS Wundeerground settings and heard nothing back. What does it take to get back sending data?
Thanks
mike
http://weather.railroadflat.org

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
Re: Getting back up on Weatherunderground
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2017, 03:51:42 AM »
I had two weeks down to upgrade a failing WMR968 with a Vantage Pro2 Wireless. I'm still using VWS and all I had to do was change the weather station hardware settings and all rest stayed the same. It is working and CWOP is working but Weatherunderground shows my station as not reporting and it is set up correctly (Station ID and Wunderground Password) same as before I went down. I sent a "Contact support" note with a screen shot of my VWS Wundeerground settings and heard nothing back. What does it take to get back sending data?
Thanks
mike

In the past it hasn't taken anything special.  I've had stations be dormant for months, but they've always come right back up when I start sending data again.

Have you tried using your stationID's "key" instead of your wunderground account password?  Either has worked for me in the past, but I've heard some people say only the "key" will work for them now.

Offline SierraFoothills

• Rail Road Flat Weather
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2017, 11:19:41 AM »
In "My Profile\My Weather Stations" Station ID: KCARAILR3 I am using the Station Key right under it. I even tried a new station ID and Key and it didn't work either (which I was able to delete because no data was ever reported). I'll keep trying. Thanks

Offline tdl086

• Amistad Road
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2017, 12:36:56 AM »
I had a similar issue. The "key" input in the Weatherlink "My account" for the password fixed my problem. On the upload page make sure the box is checked to upload to WU.

Offline RXB2

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2017, 06:18:30 PM »
Thanks
mike

In the past it hasn't taken anything special.  I've had stations be dormant for months, but they've always come right back up when I start sending data again.

Have you tried using your stationID's "key" instead of your wunderground account password?  Either has worked for me in the past, but I've heard some people say only the "key" will work for them now.

That was my experience today. After updating an Ambient WS-1001 to firmware 2.4.4, I entered the WU 8-digit station key, even though the key window had auto-populated after the update.  Problem was, it was six asterisks; you can't see what it is.  My WU account password is six characters, and even after entering the 8-character key, the display showed only 6 asterisks, but it worked.

anything