Author Topic: Meteobridge Live Data Today Rain Total is being under reported **solved**  (Read 992 times)

Offline TCIII

Hi All,

I just got my Belfryboy Davis Clone Data Logger attached to my Vantage Vue Console and hooked up to a TPLink 3020 using the latest Meteobridge firmware. When i go to the Live Data Tab all of the Davis parameters look good except for the "Today" Rain Total which is off by a factor of 10. We just had a downpour and the Davis reported a "Today" Rain Total of 0.1 in while Meteobridge is showing 0.01 in.
I have done a search as to what might be causing this issue, but nothing jumped out at me. Any suggestions as to what might be causing this discrepancy?
Regards,
TCIII AVD
« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 04:54:12 AM by docbee »

Offline Mattk

• Forecaster
Re: Meteobridge Live Data Today Rain Total is being under reported
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2017, 03:19:10 PM »
On the station tab, check the Rain Multiplier value, default is 1.00

Offline TCIII

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2017, 03:40:05 PM »
Hi Mattk,

Unfortunately already tried increasing the Rain Multiplier value from 1.0 to 10. and there was no change in the Today Total Rain value. :sad:

Regards,
TCIII AVD

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2017, 03:46:59 PM »
Wait until tomorrow?  (JUst a guess - but maybe it will reset at midnight)
Need low cost IP monitoring?  http://wirelesstag.net/wta.aspx?link=NisJxz6FhUa4V67/cwCRWA or PM me for 50% off Wirelesstags!!

Offline TCIII

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2017, 04:09:57 PM »
Hi Bushman,
Thanks for the suggestion I will give it a try.

It appears that the Rain Multiplier value increases the rain rate/hr value and not the "Today" Total Rain value.

When I change the Rain Multiplier value from 1.00 to 10.0, the rain rate/hr goes from, as an example, 0.06 in/hr to 0.6 in/hr. Presently the Live Data rain rate/hr is correct with a Rain Multiplier of 1.0, but does not affect the Today Total Rain value which is still 1/10 of the Console Today Total Rain value.

Regards,
TCIII AVD

Offline TCIII

Re: Meteobridge Live Data Today Rain Total is being under reported (SOLVED)
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2017, 12:55:31 PM »
Hi Bushman,

Looks like your suggestion to wait until the next day to see if the Today Total Rain will reset is correct.

The Console showed a 0.01 of an inch of rain this morning and the Live Feed showed the same amount.

Regards,
TCIII AVD

Offline docbee

• Forecaster
    • smartbedded
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2017, 01:14:45 PM »
When I remember right the "Rain Multiplier" is only applied to future rain. Is there a difference what your stations console and Meteobridge so report for daily rain?
This would be an indication to look deeper into Meteobridge. When you just think your station is under reporting, then there is little Meteobridge can do on it (beside tweaking a bit with the multiplier)
founder of smartbedded.com - home of meteohub, meteoplug, meteobridge, meteostick

Offline TCIII

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2017, 03:09:41 PM »
Hi docbee,

Thanks for the information, much appreciated.

With the Rain Multiplier set at 1.0, the Live Data Rain Rate is the same as the Console.

Also, the Live Data Today Total Rain and the Console Daily Total Rain are in agreement so there are presently no further issues with the Live Data.

Regards,
TCIII AVD