Author Topic: Meteobridge/ barometric pressure/ CWOP  (Read 903 times)

Offline bchwdlks

• Senior Contributor
Meteobridge/ barometric pressure/ CWOP
« on: June 03, 2017, 10:15:58 PM »

What does Meteobridge send to CWOP for barometric pressure? The times that I have checked CWOP, it is always high compared to what Meteobridge is showing as current value.  There is an airport 2.5 miles away and I used their ASOS to calibrate when I first installed a VP2.

Back in January,  WU was adjusting the value that was sent, so I started to check values of what I was sending & what WU showed on the dashboard.  On February 09 something changed at WU and the dashboard started to match the Meteobridge current data exactly. But during the same date range,  there was a large variation between CWOP & Meteobridge. 

Over the past 90 days,  I have sampled reading the airport ASOS, Meteobridge and CWOP.  With 130+ readings, the airport averaged -0.02 inHh compared to Meteobridge.  Since the airport is 200 feet lower in elevation, that didn't surprise me. But the CWOP/ Meteobridge difference is +0.06 inHg.

Does CWOP adjust the value that is sent or is Meteobridge sending data that is different than "indoor seapressure" on the Live Data  tab?

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
    • Conditions @ CW2274 West Tucson-Painted Hills Ranch
Re: Meteobridge/ barometric pressure/ CWOP
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2017, 12:26:19 AM »
Can't speak about Meteobridge, but WU started "correcting" all it's pressure readings to MSLP fairly recently to supposedly put everyone on the same page. I use the altimeter setting, which is what ASOS's use and every media outlet in the country. Sometimes WU shows my altimeter, but usually MSLP, and then even that's wrong. :roll: As far as CWOP, they use what you send them then use their QC to "check" it.

Offline docbee

• Forecaster
    • smartbedded
Re: Meteobridge/ barometric pressure/ CWOP
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2017, 02:32:03 AM »
There are three different kinds of pressures:
- station (raw data)
- sea level (most networks ask for this)
- altimeter (only CWOP is asking for this)

Meteobridge displays station and sea level on live data tab. It reports to networks the kind of data they request in their upload specs.
founder of smartbedded.com - home of meteohub, meteoplug, meteobridge, meteostick