Author Topic: Wunderground Module Isue  (Read 1334 times)

Offline chittcnty14

Wunderground Module Isue
« on: May 31, 2017, 05:40:04 PM »
Hi,

I've been using Weatherlink with the Wunderground module for quite some time now, even with Win 10. Recently, the text in the Wunderground box has become corrupted. I can still pull up the calendar and pick a day etc but picking the time is nigh impossible. I have deleted and re-installed the Module to no avail. Is anyone else having or resolved this issue? A screen grab of the module is attached. The station info and password have been covered over.

Thanks,

John [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Offline pfletch101

• Forecaster
    • Personal Website
Re: Wunderground Module Isue
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2017, 08:59:07 PM »
It looks very much like a .NET bug! A recent update to the .NET framework screwed up the handling of DateTimePicker controls in older, previously normally functioning assemblies, and the appearance of affected controls can be similar to what you show. The really infuriating thing (for those of us who program in .NET languages) is that simply rebuilding the Application from the source code in the updated environment doesn't fix the problem - you have to recreate a working facsimile of the affected form from scratch, replace the old form with the newly created one, and rebuild the Application. There are some other, more complicated, workarounds reported, but I know of absolutely no way of fixing it without access to the source code and the Visual Studio programming environment. It will have to be fixed by the people who developed the module.
Vantage Pro 2+ connected to Raspberry Pi running weewx by means of Meteo-Pi - data incorporated in domestic energy production (PV) and use monitoring system.

Offline chittcnty14

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2017, 07:00:52 PM »
Hi,

I wanted to let everyone know that this issue resolved itself without any effort or magic on my part... Ahhhhh!

John

Offline pfletch101

• Forecaster
    • Personal Website
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2017, 08:07:57 PM »
Thanks for the update. They may have fixed the framework in a Windows update. I will see if I have an old copy of one of my affected executables to test.
Vantage Pro 2+ connected to Raspberry Pi running weewx by means of Meteo-Pi - data incorporated in domestic energy production (PV) and use monitoring system.

anything