Author Topic: Upgrading from a Vantage Vue ISS to Vantage Pro 2PLUS ISS  (Read 1318 times)

Offline Roger Lewis

Upgrading from a Vantage Vue ISS to Vantage Pro 2PLUS ISS
« on: May 07, 2017, 01:41:34 PM »
I am currently running a Vantage Vue ISS reporting to a Vantage Pro 2 console with WeatherLink IP and Cumulus v1.9.4  I want to upgrade to the Vantage Pro 2 PLUS ISS. What will I need to do as far as switching the ISS's properly to ensure minimum interruption of data sent via WeatherLink and Cumulus?
PLEASE be specific with step by step instructions.
1- What will I need to do PRIOR to switching them out? after I assemble the Pro2 PLUS ISS.
2- What will I need to do to have the Vantage Pro2 PLUS ISS to report to my existing console?
3- What will I need to do, IF ANYTHING at all with WeatherLink and Cumulus to accept NEW ISS data? since the data is sent from the console.

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
Re: Upgrading from a Vantage Vue ISS to Vantage Pro 2PLUS ISS
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2017, 02:45:04 PM »
Put the console in SETUP mode. Unpower the Vantage ISS. Install the new ISS on the same channel as the Vantage ISS.  Take the console out of SETUP mode. 

No idea what, if anything you need to do with Cumulus as I do not use that software.  Although I am certain your question has been asked and answered on the CUmuls (or other) forums.
Need low cost IP monitoring?  http://wirelesstag.net/wta.aspx?link=NisJxz6FhUa4V67/cwCRWA or PM me for 50% off Wirelesstags!!

Offline Roger Lewis

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2017, 03:29:31 PM »
Thank you for your quick reply, This sounds very simple. I will check the Cumulus forum for instructions on their end.

Offline Aardvark

• Forecaster
  • Tonto to Lone Ranger : "never take off mask.
    • turned off
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2017, 06:14:07 PM »
I would keep everything the same.  to move to the VP2 Plus, all you do is add solar and uv sensors.  put in the sensor shelf in back of the transmitter(in the front) as Davis and figured out that there is enough of a lip on the rain collector to cast a narrow but significant shadow on the sensors.

I would guess that in your software, you then indicate in the settings you have a solar and uv sensor.

anything