Weather Station Hardware > Other Weather Station Hardware

Metergroup ATMOS-41 Weather Station - anyone know anything about these.

(1/3) > >>

Ann_Brush:
Has anyone seen one of these or have any comments about them - supposed to be a low cost, accurate, no moving parts, robust, low end professional Wx Sta. Looks very intriguing.
http://www.metergroup.com/environment/products/atmos-41/
I was looking on Wundergroung and clicked on a wx. sta. in Chad Africa, noticed that the hardware was "TAHMO" and had never heard of them - did some digging and the website popped up. Tahmo is an African wx project.

CW2274:
This is nothing more than another Netatmo. Without a proper radiation shield, it will be worthless in the sun, so shade will need to be constant for any kind of accuracy. Good luck with that.

Ann_Brush:
I don't think its close to a Netatmo at all. Its not in the same league re accuracy specs (which are pretty decent) and it certainly isn't price wise. US pricing for ATMOS-41 (I emailed the company) is USD 1600.00 (March 2017) for the station alone.

mwall:
it looks like decagon hardware.  they make some of the best soil moisture sensors you can buy.  apparently they are branching out into complete weather stations now.  if the weather stations are anywhere near as high quality as their sensors, that should be a very nice weather station indeed!

decagon sensors use SDI-12

loggers have a USB and cell network interfaces for uploading data

http://www.decagon.com/en/

Ann_Brush:
I bet it is Decagon or at least their anemometer, those parts look identical. Perhaps they teamed up with someone else for the temp / rain / solar / barometer sensors. Further some of Metergroup soil compactness instrumentation devices looks identical to some of that pictured by Decagon. The TAHMO weather network uses direct cell connections for data transfer, that would also tie in with what mwall says re cell network interfaces.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version