Author Topic: WS-1001 Console values not matching Weather Underground or WunderStation. Help!  (Read 1115 times)

Offline kalel410

• Ambient WS-1001 Wifi Owner
I have a new Ambient WS-1001 Wifi station.  Its console is updated every minute.  My Weather Underground ID is KMDWOODS5.   Yesterday (2/25/17) was a windy day.  While I was out yesterday, I was tracking the wind values of my station through Weather Underground via a web browser.  Through the web browser, I saw a gust at my station of 27.5 mph and the regular wind speed was listed as 22.4 mph.  That happened at 3:13pm  When I got home, I compared those values with my Ambient weather station's console.  Unfortunately, considering the Ambient is updated every minute, those same values weren't there. For 3:13pm on the console, the gust was listed at 15mph and the regular wind speed was 11.4 mph.  Not even close to the 27.5 gust and 22.4 mph values for my station reported by Weather Underground.  So, I scanned my Ambient's console for the highest gust listed for that day... the highest gust was at one minute before at 3:12pm and the Ambient's console reported the gust was 22 mph with a regular wind speed of 17 mph. There is no record anywhere on the Ambient console's history of a gust of 27.5 mph or anything close to that.   So, why are the values so different between the wind values of the console and of that reported to weather underground?  This is very concerning.  What part is reporting the wrong data?  Is this an issue with my new WS-1001 Wifi unit?  or something else?

Another example, just this morning, I am looking at the Solar Radiation values.  This time, my current console and Weather Underground values actually agree at 36 w/m2, but the WunderStation (IOS app) reports a current value of 50w/m2!  That is way, way off.  (And yes, the WunderStation app is reporting my correct station's ID as the one its looking out.  So, how is WunderStation seeing a completely different current value for Solar Radiation than what my console and Weather Underground report?  Again, I want to make sure my Ambient weather station itself and its console is functioning properly and is reporting what it is supposed to.  Thanks!  Kal
« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 08:20:30 AM by kalel410 »

Offline Rychu

• Contributor
  • Type of station: HP1001WiFi & WH2600IP (WS1400IP)
    • Check on-line measurements and forecasts of Gdansk in Poland
The first thing that you must manually refresh the cockpit WU your station to momentary data (current) under the rose winds were consistent with what you see on the console or the system IoS.

Another problem is that, you set a backup console interval of one minute. Or so ?

WU records every 5 minutes instead of every 1 minute. WU accepts packets every 16 seconds or displays them under the rose (green font color) - remembers and after 5 minutes shows the averaged data on graphs.

In contrast, the largest and the smallest momentary data collected every 16 seconds WU saves in the Summary of the cockpit of your station on a given day.

Momentary actual data sent to the console as the max and min are stored in the section Max / Min console. These values always comply with the max / min WU. Never records in the console and WU recorded as averages on graphs and in Table tab - will not be identical.

If you still have questions - write

Regards

anything