Author Topic: Webcam 7  (Read 5685 times)

Offline cospringswx

• Forecaster
    • Colorado Springs Weather
Webcam 7
« on: November 29, 2016, 02:24:56 AM »
Anyone having issues with Webcam 7 saying socket refused? I rebooted weather PC and I got the error. I've tried different cam number boxes. Any suggestions? It's been running for 3 years with no issue.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2016, 03:16:11 AM by cospringswx »

Ryan 

Colorado Springs, CO
www.cospringsweather.com
Davis Vantage Vue
Weather Display Software
Amcrest HD IP Camera

Offline gwwilk

• Southeast Lincoln Weather
  • Forecaster
    • SouthEast Lincoln, NE Weather
Re: Webcam 7
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2016, 08:38:37 AM »
The latest version of Webcam 7, v1.5.3.0 Build 42105, works for me.  I struggled with my new Linksys router's refusal to pass through streaming video because Linksys by default under 'Connectivity/Administration' checks 'Express Forwarding' which is anything but for streaming video.  When I unchecked this my streaming video was visible externally.  I'm using the javascript code.  I was using Netcam Suite until my old failing router no longer allowed access to my second HikVision.  I haven't tried to use it now that Webcam 7 is doing the job.

Is the camera visible locally using '127.0.0.1' instead of your external IP address?
« Last Edit: November 29, 2016, 10:03:18 AM by gwwilk »
Regards, Jerry Wilkins
gwwilk@gmail.com

Offline cospringswx

• Forecaster
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2016, 09:53:04 AM »
Thanks for the response. I am able to see the WC7 page with my external IP and port I assigned. I've had this problem before as well. The 127 IP doesn't work. I will look at it more when I get off work this evening.

Ryan 

Colorado Springs, CO
www.cospringsweather.com
Davis Vantage Vue
Weather Display Software
Amcrest HD IP Camera

Offline gwwilk

• Southeast Lincoln Weather
  • Forecaster
    • SouthEast Lincoln, NE Weather
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2016, 10:03:58 AM »
Hm...time for yet another PC reboot?
Regards, Jerry Wilkins
gwwilk@gmail.com

Offline cospringswx

• Forecaster
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2016, 02:10:35 PM »
Might be issue with router. Had to purchase new router since my old one died. I have an Asus AC68U. I port forwarded the cam and I can see it on my cell phone with an app but when I go to the 4g network it doesn't show up. I looked for the setting you mentioned Jerry within the router and mine doesn't have that. So it seems that's the issue with WC7 that's it's not letting video out since it's not available on AT&T 4g.

Ryan 

Colorado Springs, CO
www.cospringsweather.com
Davis Vantage Vue
Weather Display Software
Amcrest HD IP Camera

Offline lrosenman

• Contributor
    • Siena Weather
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2016, 02:49:41 PM »
Might be issue with router. Had to purchase new router since my old one died. I have an Asus AC68U. I port forwarded the cam and I can see it on my cell phone with an app but when I go to the 4g network it doesn't show up. I looked for the setting you mentioned Jerry within the router and mine doesn't have that. So it seems that's the issue with WC7 that's it's not letting video out since it's not available on AT&T 4g.
I have the same router.  (running the Merlin Firmware, but...)

What is the requirement, and what issue(s) are you having?  I might be able to help.

Offline cospringswx

• Forecaster
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2016, 04:12:13 PM »
I have the same router.  (running the Merlin Firmware, but...)

What is the requirement, and what issue(s) are you having?  I might be able to help.

Is there a setting on the router to let video out? I can view my cams from my network but not outside. I have it port forwarded correctly since I am able to get to log in page from my external ip and port assigned.

Ryan 

Colorado Springs, CO
www.cospringsweather.com
Davis Vantage Vue
Weather Display Software
Amcrest HD IP Camera

Offline cospringswx

• Forecaster
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2016, 04:13:03 PM »
Socket refused if I remember correct is the camera connection trouble within the software itself. The software has always been touch and go.

When I've had connection issues make sure program is closed completely. Right click and close icon.
Right click and Run as administrator when starting.
Make sure RTSP 554 is set, password for camera is correct and you are on main stream.

Also I tried the newer build and couldn't connect so went back to a older version.
I'm running this version with Win7.

webcam 7 PRO
v1.4.0.0 Build 41240

Hey Randy,
I've tried. I have had it working for 3 years until now.

Ryan 

Colorado Springs, CO
www.cospringsweather.com
Davis Vantage Vue
Weather Display Software
Amcrest HD IP Camera

Offline cospringswx

• Forecaster
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2016, 04:29:23 PM »
I have the gateway to the cam in the configuration menu as a different gateway than what it is now so hopefully that's the issue. If so, easy fix. If not hmmm

Ryan 

Colorado Springs, CO
www.cospringsweather.com
Davis Vantage Vue
Weather Display Software
Amcrest HD IP Camera

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
    • Valentine Nebraska's Real-Time Weather
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2016, 04:59:41 PM »
Maybe go over exactly where the problem is. I though it was a software connection with camera issue socket error.

If so that's different from gateway and router issues. I'm assuming you can still log into camera on internal assigned IP with browser.
Could be Win 10 did an update causing the socket error. 

Randy

Offline cospringswx

• Forecaster
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2016, 06:48:54 PM »
Maybe go over exactly where the problem is. I though it was a software connection with camera issue socket error.

If so that's different from gateway and router issues. I'm assuming you can still log into camera on internal assigned IP with browser.

Yes I can log into camera from external ip and port frome home pc. I'm running Windows 7.

Ryan 

Colorado Springs, CO
www.cospringsweather.com
Davis Vantage Vue
Weather Display Software
Amcrest HD IP Camera

Offline lrosenman

• Contributor
    • Siena Weather
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2016, 06:51:13 PM »

Yes I can log into camera from external ip and port frome home pc. I'm running Windows 7.

Can you now see video?

Offline cospringswx

• Forecaster
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2016, 09:46:31 PM »

Can you now see video?

I'm able to see video on my network using the port I assigned. So port forwarding is correct. Just not outside world. It's a setting with this router and I can't find it.

Ryan 

Colorado Springs, CO
www.cospringsweather.com
Davis Vantage Vue
Weather Display Software
Amcrest HD IP Camera

Offline lrosenman

• Contributor
    • Siena Weather
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2016, 09:49:19 PM »

I'm able to see video on my network using the port I assigned. So port forwarding is correct. Just not outside world. It's a setting with this router and I can't find it.

what does the port map look like on the router?  This sounds like the mapping/Nat Translation/FW Hole is NOT correct...

Offline cospringswx

• Forecaster
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2016, 10:00:22 PM »

what does the port map look like on the router?  This sounds like the mapping/Nat Translation/FW Hole is NOT correct...

PM me.

Ryan 

Colorado Springs, CO
www.cospringsweather.com
Davis Vantage Vue
Weather Display Software
Amcrest HD IP Camera

Offline cospringswx

• Forecaster
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2016, 01:22:35 AM »
Update: I had an old Asus router I found and got it port forwarded and working with everything. Webcam 7 version that I am using is webcam 7 PRO
v1.4.0.0 Build 41240. The newer version does not work at least not for me. The new router I got is going back. Port forwarding is an issue on it.

Ryan 

Colorado Springs, CO
www.cospringsweather.com
Davis Vantage Vue
Weather Display Software
Amcrest HD IP Camera

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
    • Valentine Nebraska's Real-Time Weather
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2016, 08:25:04 AM »
Update: I had an old Asus router I found and got it port forwarded and working with everything. Webcam 7 version that I am using is webcam 7 PRO
v1.4.0.0 Build 41240. The newer version does not work at least not for me. The new router I got is going back. Port forwarding is an issue on it.

Good deal you got it going. Same here the older version is all I can get to work also.
Randy

Offline CNYWeather

• Forecaster
    • CNYWeather
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2016, 09:04:20 AM »
I've had this issue a few times Ryan. If I close and restart Webcam 7 Pro too many times or force close it,
it ends up losing all my settings and have to start over. I wish IP Timelapse would stream to bypass Webcam 7 totally.

I have investigated streaming directly from the cam itself after reading through a few posts
on the interwebs. Seems it's possible but I haven't taken the time to try and do it.
Tony

Offline cospringswx

• Forecaster
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2016, 09:51:09 AM »
I've had this issue a few times Ryan. If I close and restart Webcam 7 Pro too many times or force close it,
it ends up losing all my settings and have to start over. I wish IP Timelapse would stream to bypass Webcam 7 totally.

I have investigated streaming directly from the cam itself after reading through a few posts
on the interwebs. Seems it's possible but I haven't taken the time to try and do it.

HI Tony,

Would be nice if IP Time-lapse had a stream. Maybe we can hint at it to Mike the owner.

Ryan 

Colorado Springs, CO
www.cospringsweather.com
Davis Vantage Vue
Weather Display Software
Amcrest HD IP Camera