Author Topic: a whole new version.....  (Read 5238 times)

Offline edgley

a whole new version.....
« on: July 04, 2014, 08:53:54 PM »
and it all looks the same
and....
still wont do fullscreen fully.

did we get any new features with a whole new number increase, or just more bug fixes?

Offline W3DRM

• Forecaster
    • Emmett Weather
Re: a whole new version.....
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2014, 08:58:40 PM »
Am I missing something here? I don't see any "whole new version" of VWS that has come out recently.

Can you please explain what whole new version refers to and what hardware it is associated with?

It appears that your last post was over 4 years ago.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 09:01:34 PM by W3DRM »
Don - W3DRM - Emmett, Idaho --- Blitzortung ID: 808 --- FlightRadar24 ID: F-KBOI7
Davis Wireless VP2, WD 10.37s150,
StartWatch, VirtualVP, VPLive, Win10 Pro
--- Logitech HD Pro C920 webcam (off-line)
--- RIPE Atlas Probe - 32849

Offline SteveFitz1

• Forecaster
    • Tyler Texas Weather
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2014, 09:00:34 PM »
did we get any new features with a whole new number increase, or just more bug fixes?

You pretty much nailed it. http://ambientweather.wikispaces.com/Beta+Version+Instructions

Offline edgley

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2014, 08:21:35 PM »
When I checked for an update, I saw that we have gone to 15 p0x, when the version I was using was 14p48 something. To me, that's going up a whole new version, so I was just wondering what justified the 15, rather than just another load of 14pxx dumps.

What has the date of my last post got to do with anything?
As I have Aspergers' and get into trouble without realising it, have I done something?

To me, that just shows how robust the software is, rather than reflecting on the question I asked.

Shame about the fullscreen, think thats what I asked about 4 years ago. Appearance is very important to me, and this, imho, lets the whole experience down. That and the images that look like they belong on a geocities website  :grin:

(this is not me be negative, having a dig or any other such things. It's only because of this software that I still have a PC in my home, so that speaks volumes about what I think of it)

Offline W3DRM

• Forecaster
    • Emmett Weather
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2014, 01:29:16 AM »
When I checked for an update, I saw that we have gone to 15 p0x, when the version I was using was 14p48 something. To me, that's going up a whole new version, so I was just wondering what justified the 15, rather than just another load of 14pxx dumps.

What has the date of my last post got to do with anything?
As I have Aspergers' and get into trouble without realising it, have I done something?

To me, that just shows how robust the software is, rather than reflecting on the question I asked.

Shame about the fullscreen, think thats what I asked about 4 years ago. Appearance is very important to me, and this, imho, lets the whole experience down. That and the images that look like they belong on a geocities website  :grin:

(this is not me be negative, having a dig or any other such things. It's only because of this software that I still have a PC in my home, so that speaks volumes about what I think of it)

Well, if you look at the Ambient website via the link above, you will see what changes have been made to VWS over the years with each update. I think all of us who have used VWS for any length of time do agree that we don't understand why it is always called a BETA version. I guess that is just the way the developer wants to name it. I also agree there are many issues with VWS that have been reported yet they never seem to get fixed or addressed.

Personally, I gave up making suggestions for updates to VWS when none of them were ever implemented. The software does what I want it to do and I just live with its little quirks.
Don - W3DRM - Emmett, Idaho --- Blitzortung ID: 808 --- FlightRadar24 ID: F-KBOI7
Davis Wireless VP2, WD 10.37s150,
StartWatch, VirtualVP, VPLive, Win10 Pro
--- Logitech HD Pro C920 webcam (off-line)
--- RIPE Atlas Probe - 32849

anything