Author Topic: Νew La-crosse ws 2800 - ws 2810  (Read 19464 times)

Offline weather1967

• Senior Contributor
    • Μeteo station Peristeri Athens - Greece
Νew La-crosse ws 2800 - ws 2810
« on: November 03, 2009, 05:09:08 PM »
Hi all
Today i saw a new weather station La-crosse model ws 2800 at Europe

http://www.lacrossetechnology.fr/en/P-2442-228--0-D1--ws2800-our-products-professionnal-weather-stations.html

And ws 2810 for USA

http://www.lacrossetechnology.com/2810/index.php

It have usb stick for pc connectior, all it is wireless ,and the anemometer it have sollar panel for energy
Best regards from Greece
Dimitris
http://users.otenet.gr/~meteo/index.html

Offline Downlinerz2

• Forecaster
Re: Νew La-crosse ws 2800 - ws 2810
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2009, 05:50:01 PM »
  Nice looking station and price range is ok. I like the Solar wind and the larger cups. Might be something to get to replace my old 2315.  
The Heavyweather software looks better than the one I had before.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2009, 06:22:58 PM by Downlinerz2 »

Offline weather1967

• Senior Contributor
    • Μeteo station Peristeri Athens - Greece
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2009, 01:35:19 PM »
Υes the same i observed and i ,and the usb stick comunication at console.
Best regards from Greece
Dimitris
http://users.otenet.gr/~meteo/index.html

Offline volvogirl

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2009, 06:38:56 PM »
Hi! 

New here.  Just found you while looking for mounting ideas.  We just bought the LaCrosse 2810 at Costco for ONLY $79.99!!  I'm in Sacramento, CA.  Just went to Lowe's and bought a cedar mail box post for it like this, but then saw a good picture here of metal post attached on the side of a building/shed extending over the peak.  I have a shed I could use.  Do you like to be able to see your station from inside the house?

volvogirl

Offline DanS

• Chiang Mai weather
  • Forecaster
    • ThaiWx
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2009, 06:53:42 PM »
Hi and welcome to the forum! If you found a $250 station for $79 you got a deal! At least that's the price I'm seeing the 2810 going for. It's always nice to be able to see the station components from inside the house but not always possible for some correct installations. Good luck getting all up and running.

Dan
« Last Edit: November 15, 2009, 06:55:18 PM by DanS »

Offline SlowModem

• Weather at the speed of dialup!
  • Forecaster
  • WX @ 26.4 kbs
    • Watts Bar Weather
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2009, 07:04:58 PM »
Hi and welcome to the forum! If you found a $250 station for $79 you got a deal! At least that's the price I'm seeing the 2810 going for. It's always nice to be able to see the station components from inside the house but not always possible for some correct installations. Good luck getting all up and running.

Dan

That's exactly what I was thinking.  She needs to go back to Costco and buy every one they have.

As far as mounting the sensors, I went the mailbox-post route.  There is a "play-by-play" of my post installation if you're interested:

http://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=3628.0

As far as attaching it to a building, I had mine that way at first.  But then I got to thinking  :-k  that it's one big lightning rod.  Since my weather stations are wireless, I decided I'd mount them away from the house, just in case.

Good luck and have fun with it.

Oh, one more thing.  If they haven't improved it, Heavy Weather is a real resource hog.  You may want to consider another software (there's plenty of free ones that work well, or you can buy some fancier software).  I use WUHU for both of my stations.  Cumulus is another popular free software.

At any rate, you will find plenty of friendly help here.  There's always an opinion laying around somewhere.  :)

« Last Edit: November 15, 2009, 07:15:46 PM by Slow Modem »
Greg Whitehead
Ten Mile, TN USA

Offline SlowModem

• Forecaster
  • WX @ 26.4 kbs
    • Watts Bar Weather
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2009, 07:33:18 AM »
Here is a link to someone else that's posted about finding the 2810 at Costco for $80:

http://greginthedesert.net/2009/11/costco-la-crosse-technologies-weather-station-ws-2810/

I looked at the Costco website (as the closest store is about 150 miles from here) and they don't have it listed.  So if you live close to a Costco, you should go buy as many as you can get for $80 and start an ebay business (there's one "buy it now" unit for $199 and one auction for $179).   8-)
« Last Edit: November 17, 2009, 08:09:35 AM by Slow Modem »
Greg Whitehead
Ten Mile, TN USA

Offline DanS

• Chiang Mai weather
  • Forecaster
    • ThaiWx
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2009, 10:52:08 PM »

I looked at the Costco website (as the closest store is about 150 miles from here) and they don't have it listed.  So if you live close to a Costco, you should go buy as many as you can get for $80 and start an ebay business (there's one "buy it now" unit for $199 and one auction for $179).   8-)

I looked at their website as well hoping to get one online. As you say, they don't list it for some reason. Closest Costco to me is about 8000 miles  ;) but got lucky and a friend of my wife picked one up for me in Va. and it's now in route.
I'm now scouting around the yard for ideal locations to put it up (if it arrives in tact).
« Last Edit: November 30, 2009, 11:16:45 PM by DanS »

Offline SlowModem

• Forecaster
  • WX @ 26.4 kbs
    • Watts Bar Weather
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2009, 11:13:12 PM »
I looked at their website as well hoping to get one online. As you say, they don't list it for some reason. Closest Costco to me is about 8000 miles but got lucky and a friend of my wife picked one up for me in Va. and it's now in route.
I'm now scouting around the yard for ideal locations to put it up (if it arrives in tact).

Good for you.  I hope it works well.  :)

From what I've read on the WUHU forum, I think there might be a beta version of the software you need for that unit.
Greg Whitehead
Ten Mile, TN USA

Offline DanS

• Chiang Mai weather
  • Forecaster
    • ThaiWx
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2009, 11:23:11 PM »
Oh boy, I hope that doesn't delay things longer. I see it comes with HW software CD and there is down loadable software online at LaCrosse for it. I was just planning to use WuHu alone for it like I do now for this station. I try to avoid Heavyweather software if I can. Have never tried Cumulus but like WuHu so much better than Heavyweather.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2009, 06:45:03 PM by DanS »

Offline SlowModem

• Forecaster
  • WX @ 26.4 kbs
    • Watts Bar Weather
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2009, 11:31:32 PM »
Follow this thread.  I think there's a beta WUHU you can run for the 2810:

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/wuhu_software_group/message/15539
Greg Whitehead
Ten Mile, TN USA

Offline DanS

• Chiang Mai weather
  • Forecaster
    • ThaiWx
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2009, 06:53:25 PM »
Follow this thread.  I think there's a beta WUHU you can run for the 2810:

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/wuhu_software_group/message/15539

Thanks. Sorry for the delay in responding but the internet died again yesterday just as I started reading that thread you mention. For 2 days now the internet has been really flakey.

Offline GlennO

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2009, 08:38:19 PM »
Well I have been trying to get my 2810 to upload to my computer for the past couple days, it just no station, I have deleted and reloaded and tryed WUHU, can't seem to get it to work, maybe thats why its only 70 dollars, lol
oh well I guess back to OS, that WMR200A is looking really good.
You all have a good night.
GlennO

Offline DanS

• Chiang Mai weather
  • Forecaster
    • ThaiWx
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2009, 08:54:03 PM »
hmmmm, that's not encouraging to hear. I'm trying to stay excited to receive mine in the mail soon. Sounds like I'll have a few challenges to overcome when it (if it) does arrive. Please keep us advised of any discoveries you make with this station. :grin:

Offline SlowModem

• Forecaster
  • WX @ 26.4 kbs
    • Watts Bar Weather
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2009, 09:02:00 PM »
hmmmm, that's not encouraging to hear. I'm trying to stay excited to receive mine in the mail soon. Sounds like I'll have a few challenges to overcome when it (if it) does arrive. Please keep us advised of any discoveries you make with this station. :grin:

Hopefully, there will be an update on the WUHU site soon.  (although it's the holiday season and he probably has many other things to do).
Greg Whitehead
Ten Mile, TN USA

Offline caseymax

« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2009, 03:24:58 PM »

Hopefully, there will be an update on the WUHU site soon.  (although it's the holiday season and he probably has many other things to do).

Hi I just got a WS 2810U-IT.Is that the same as yours. Don’t know what the U-IT on the end means. The 2800 uses a software all by its self, for 2800 only and its not shown on download page. Let me know how you come out, I am impressed with the features on this unit.  Max
« Last Edit: December 13, 2009, 03:29:08 PM by caseymax »

Offline DanS

• Chiang Mai weather
  • Forecaster
    • ThaiWx
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2009, 03:43:48 PM »

Hopefully, there will be an update on the WUHU site soon.  (although it's the holiday season and he probably has many other things to do).

Hi I just got a WS 2810U-IT.Is that the same as yours. Don’t know what the U-IT on the end means. The 2800 uses a software all by its self, for 2800 only and its not shown on download page. Let me know how you come out, I am impressed with the features on this unit.  Max

Hello Max.  I'm still waiting to receive mine in the mail. 13 days, 4hrs., 22 mins, since I was told "it's in the mail and should take around 9 days", not that I'm counting or anything  :roll:. Maybe it's bad luck to get everything ready for it's arrival like a replacement FARS and mounting pole in position, etc. :-k Now I'll never see it. Well I'll have a nice looking (empty) solar FARS mounted anyway. Have you had a chance to give yours a good check out?  There's been some talk about the rain gage being possibly off a little.?.?.  Once (if ever) mine arrives it's going to get a detailed "going over".

Dan
« Last Edit: December 13, 2009, 03:45:22 PM by DanS »

Offline caseymax

« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2009, 08:04:40 PM »
[

Hello Max.  I'm still waiting to receive mine in the mail. 13 days, 4hrs., 22 mins, since I was told "it's in the mail and should take around 9 days", not that I'm counting or anything  :roll:. Maybe it's bad luck to get everything ready for it's arrival like a replacement FARS and mounting pole in position, etc. :-k Now I'll never see it. Well I'll have a nice looking (empty) solar FARS mounted anyway. Have you had a chance to give yours a good check out?  There's been some talk about the rain gage being possibly off a little.?.?.  Once (if ever) mine arrives it's going to get a detailed "going over".

Dan
I had it runing a couple days and thing seem ok the software loaded just fine and linked to my computer right away, let me know how your doing so mabey I learn somerthing. I bought mine on line $149 free shipping..   Max
[/quote]

Offline DanS

• Chiang Mai weather
  • Forecaster
    • ThaiWx
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2009, 08:15:09 PM »
Will do, Max. I'm hoping this is the week mine arrives. It's over due and I figure the holiday season's increase in mail/postal traffic may be why.
I'm glad to hear success stories like yours. I had a friend of my wife's, that lives in Virginia, pick one up for me and mail it. Can't find anything like that around here.

Dan

Offline DanS

• Chiang Mai weather
  • Forecaster
    • ThaiWx
« Reply #19 on: December 25, 2009, 06:01:42 AM »

Try this version:

http://home.comcast.net/~wuhu_software/files/WUHU216_32_B90_TEST.zip

My 2810 arrived and I'm now attempting to get it configured on the same PC as my existing 2310 is running on. The desired setup being both uploading to WU/CWOP using WuHu if possble. I downloaded wuhu_software's suggested "TEST.zip" but installed it in a new folder, C:Program files\WUHU2810 to help reduce the chance of over writing the working one in the Program Files\WUHU directory. I can run both WUHU programs on the two separate PWS's and the 2310 continues as if nothing's changed. The 2810's WUHU application can see the history.dat file if I choose the WS36XX History (history.dat) option in General Settings but the barometric readings are read wrong and thus no data is accepted. I believe this may be because I'm using the WS36XX choice for a WS28XX system. I see the currdat.lst option available but I cannot find any currdat.lst file being produced anywhere on the P.C's drive. I've checked through several threads over on the WuHu Yahoo Group and see people talking about the HeavyWeather Pro V. 1.0 that runs with the 2810 puts out a currdat.lst file. I have not seen options or any mention of this in any 2810 literature or on the software. If anyone has done this and made it work I'd really appreciate your help.
So close ...

Dan

Offline SlowModem

• Forecaster
  • WX @ 26.4 kbs
    • Watts Bar Weather
« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2009, 06:38:05 AM »
My 2810 arrived and I'm now attempting to get it configured on the same PC as my existing 2310 is running on.

That's Wonderful!!!    =D> =D> =D> =D>

I've checked through several threads over on the WuHu Yahoo Group and see people talking about the HeavyWeather Pro V. 1.0 that runs with the 2810 puts out a currdat.lst file. I have not seen options or any mention of this in any 2810 literature or on the software. If anyone has done this and made it work I'd really appreciate your help.
So close ...

Dan

Have you tried running the 2810 on just the HW Pro 1.0?  Maybe it needs to get that running and files established before WHUH can use the files.

But at least you have something to do now!  I hope you get it going!   :grin:

Greg
Greg Whitehead
Ten Mile, TN USA

Offline DanS

• Chiang Mai weather
  • Forecaster
    • ThaiWx
« Reply #21 on: December 25, 2009, 06:48:38 AM »
Yeah, I was ear to ear grin when it arrived today. In great condition too for having travelled halfway around the globe. I had it up and running alone on the software that is recommended (HeavyWeather Pro v 1.0). It connects to all sensors (got the anne. up about 35 feet) and talks with the P.C. just fine. If it were to be used like this,  in stand alone mode. I'd be looking for something else to do already. It's now just a matter of getting WuHu to read it correctly and that's it. I believe it's somewhere in the currdat.lst file being needed by the WuHu program. Too bad it won't read direct USB like the 2310 does with direct serial, then I could just do away with the HeavyWeather stuff all together. Although this version doesn't appear to be a resource hog as much as the 2310's software.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2009, 06:50:32 AM by DanS »

Offline wuhu_software

• Forecaster
    • WUHU Software Yahoo Group
« Reply #22 on: December 25, 2009, 07:38:31 AM »

The location of the currdat.lst file written by Heavweather Professional 1.0 depends on your OS.

People running XP have told me it sometimes ends up under \documents and settings, Vista users say it is under C:\ProgramData that is a hidden directory.

If you are running XP, search the entire C: drive, using the explorer search command.

If you are running Vista, in explorer show hidden files and directories, find C:\ProgramData, and see if it is in there.

Offline DanS

• Chiang Mai weather
  • Forecaster
    • ThaiWx
« Reply #23 on: December 25, 2009, 07:43:51 AM »
Thank you. I'm running XP and when I do a search for currdat for the only drive my weather P.C. has, drive C, it comes back with the currdat.lst file being generated by WUHU for the 2310. I turned that off (since I don't use it anyway) and tried searching the whole drive several times. No currdat.lst being generated by the 2810. History.dat files are working great but that's all I'm seeing. The HeavyWeather pro 1.0 software doesn't appear to have options for currdat file placement like it does for the history, graphs, templates, etc. No mention anywhere in the program or documention.
Regards,

Dan
« Last Edit: December 25, 2009, 07:55:46 AM by DanS »

Offline wuhu_software

• Forecaster
    • WUHU Software Yahoo Group
« Reply #24 on: December 25, 2009, 08:37:07 AM »

Check under your c:\Documents and Settings\<Your user account>\Local Settings.

This folder is probably hidden, so you will need to view hidden folders and files.

Do do this, open explorer, Under the Tools menu, select Folder options, select the View tab, under Hidden files and folder, select show hidden files and folders, hit Ok to close the dialog.

You can then search the above folder (and sub-folders), I am guessing it is there.

If you do find it, please tell me where it was located.

anything