Author Topic: Meteobridge Pro set up questions  (Read 1782 times)

Offline arrowspace90

• Forecaster
  • Vantage Pro II, tripod mount, 30 feet elevation
Meteobridge Pro set up questions
« on: July 10, 2017, 04:32:05 PM »
I set up new Pro

« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 03:37:08 AM by arrowspace90 »

Offline Mattk

• Forecaster
Re: Meteobridge Pro set up questions
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2017, 06:36:40 PM »
Is this a Red or a Black, how is the MB receiving sensor data?

So do you intend connecting again via cable near the PC or Wireless? If it's working where it currently is then why do you want to shift it? Unless you have setup some secondary means to maintain power then you may just have to wear some downtime to move the power supply? If you intend using wireless when relocated then you would disconnect the cable where it is first and test the Wi-Fi link before doing anything further.

Re the 2 vertical lines these are screen savers which simply shows that the system is alive. See Release Log http://www.meteobridge.com/wiki/index.php/Forum specifically April 22, April 28, April 30 & May 26 for additional details on changed screen functions.   

What I suggest you do is spend some time and go through the "Setup" options on the home page http://www.meteobridge.com/wiki/index.php/Home as well as go through the Release Log history.

Then move on to the PRO Display http://www.meteobridge.com/wiki/index.php/PRO_Display
PRO Tutorial http://www.meteobridge.com/wiki/index.php/PRO_Tutorial to better acquaint yourself with the PRO etc

Offline Mattk

• Forecaster
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2017, 09:11:59 PM »
Advantage? Depends on your specific setup & requirements I suppose, myself I run my Red/s all via Ethernet, it's just what I do.

I am afraid of losing communication with the box
As suggested then go back over those relevant sections of the setup, decide if DHCP or Fixed IP or Ethernet/Wi-Fi best suits your requirements.

Before you got all connected to WU, CWOP maybe you should have become more acquainted with the setup, config, options etc

Offline Mattk

• Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2017, 09:58:03 PM »
You asked for advise and I that is what I did, this is not plug and play thing and yes you probably need a little background to understand what somebody might explain to you. How can anybody explain something if you don't have some background to understand what is being said otherwise you could get into real trouble and then you would now doubt want someone to blame for that as well, so yes I would suggest going over the setup instructions.   

Offline arrowspace90

• Forecaster
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2017, 10:14:27 AM »
Pro has been "up" for over 12 hours and is reporting to all.

I will stay with ethernet to modem for now as that is working and I can understand how you can't beat a wired cable.
I have my house modem in my family room for the same reason; it's better to stream data to TV from a wired source.

Continuing to read directions. :-)

Offline JanWerbinski

• Davis Vantage Pro2, Meteobridge Pro
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2017, 01:45:13 AM »
Enable and give Internet Remote Login to your Meteobridge. You can find it on System page. We can have a look and then you'll change the password.

Offline Mattk

• Forecaster
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2017, 03:01:42 AM »
Enable and give Internet Remote Login to your Meteobridge. You can find it on System page. We can have a look and then you'll change the password.

So who might "we" be? Nobody should be giving anybody coming on here with their first post remote access to their MBPro

Offline JanWerbinski

• Davis Vantage Pro2, Meteobridge Pro
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2017, 03:19:13 AM »
We - users of Meteobridge. Selfexplanatory.
So how can we damage or do any wrongdoing with the meteobridge?
Are you aware that there is in Meteobridge Pro little pinhole for reset and reverting to configuration with previously made config file is done in a minute? I don't know about Meteobridge on TP Link but flashing should add not more than 5 minutes.

Offline arrowspace90

• Forecaster
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2017, 01:50:44 PM »
I haven't posted anything further about my Pro set up of late because it has been working without further problems.

It has not failed since these posts to record my data and without interruptions.  That's all I asked from it.  However, it appears capable of more, with detailed graphs that I have not tried so far to set up.

Offline droiddk

• Forecaster
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2017, 01:57:00 PM »
So who might "we" be? Nobody should be giving anybody coming on here with their first post remote access to their MBPro

+1

anything