Author Topic: VWS stops running in Windows 10 TCIP  (Read 1870 times)

Offline arrowspace90

• Forecaster
  • Vantage Pro II, tripod mount, 30 feet elevation
VWS stops running in Windows 10 TCIP
« on: May 20, 2017, 12:15:33 PM »
Since I just migrated to a new windows 10 desktop where I have switched from USB to TCIP because of Meteobridge, VWS keeps stopping.
I continue to use VWS because it records my historical data to my hard disk.  After all, WU could announce tomorrow that they are shutting down PWS services. Meteobridge is working fine and reports to WU and CWOP.

I have already selected "Run as administrator", but it still sometimes reports TCIP error (but the settings are correct) or it simply freezes.

This is version 15.0.   Is there any modern approach or alternative?

Offline Downlinerz2

• Forecaster
Re: VWS stops running in Windows 10 TCIP
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2017, 02:30:32 PM »
   I recently changed to Windows 10 using USB and it keeps stopping and freezing. I am using a laptop and thought I found the problem when I unchecked a setting where to save power the USB port is shut down. Well, it still kept freezing at different intervals. I have started to close VWS every night and restart and it's been 2 days since the last freeze.
Good luck, I will be watching to see what happens.
Mark

Offline arrowspace90

• Forecaster
  • Vantage Pro II, tripod mount, 30 feet elevation
Re: VWS stops running in Windows 10 TCIP
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2017, 03:57:14 PM »
   I recently changed to Windows 10 using USB and it keeps stopping and freezing. I am using a laptop and thought I found the problem when I unchecked a setting where to save power the USB port is shut down. Well, it still kept freezing at different intervals. I have started to close VWS every night and restart and it's been 2 days since the last freeze.
Good luck, I will be watching to see what happens.
Mark

Yeah I ran a Windows compatibility check and I doubt it made much difference.  It's old and outmoded software, but I wanted to keep my historical data on my own computer and not rely on outside sources that might go out of business.  Nevertheless, I have subscribed to meteobridge and meteoplug to save data in "the cloud".  If I keep having trouble I guess I will just rely on them until I discover something better.

anything