Author Topic: smart hub gone brain dead  (Read 867 times)

Offline Zug

smart hub gone brain dead
« on: March 01, 2017, 06:06:43 PM »
For at least the last day or so I'm having issues with my smarthub and/or the acurite dashboard..
I've called them twice today and left a call back number for support with no call back..

What I have, a 3-in-1 with it's display, a separate rain gauge and the smarthub which was replace during the upgrade from the old aculink because the update bricked my aculink.

the 3-in-1 on the desk display seems to be doing ok the whole time.
BUT, the rain gauge has only been sporadically getting info though.  checking the smarthub webpage interface it's random detecting the 3in1, and almost never the rain gauge.  but mostly neither are detected.  even though weather underground IS updating (but doesn't get the rain because acurite won't pass the rain details from a separate gauge)

the apps on my phone and tablet are showing the 3in1 it sending now, but earlier no 3in1, and the rain is updating maybe once every several hours...

the rain gauge got new batteries a couple weeks ago, and the 3in1 has Energizer lithium batteries that show as normal level when it shows up at all.

Anybody have any ideas what's going on or having the same problem?

EDIT about 10 minutes after posting this I did get a call, and they are replacing the hub at their cost. :)
turns out mine was sent just before a final update was made and I got a buggy one..

« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 06:34:57 PM by Zug »
Kent

Offline DoctorKnow

• Forecaster
Re: smart hub gone brain dead
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2017, 09:34:44 PM »
Mine is screwed up too today, but my hub is supposed to be new... It is not detecting the sensors constantly, only sporadically.

Offline Zug

Re: smart hub gone brain dead
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2017, 01:00:08 AM »
Mine is screwed up too today, but my hub is supposed to be new... It is not detecting the sensors constantly, only sporadically.

Mine is supposed to be new also.  It was shipped the day before their final update, so the person I talked to figurd it was a odd old one with the new firmware that slipped though.  You should called them up and tell them what's wrong and hopefully they will replace yours also.
Kent