Author Topic: WS-1001-WIFI problem acquiring sensors  (Read 877 times)

Offline squarepeg

WS-1001-WIFI problem acquiring sensors
« on: March 01, 2017, 02:40:31 PM »
I’ve had the WS-1001-WIFI for a little over a year now, and have been mostly happy with it.  My only real issue is that whenever I’ve needed to re-boot the console (either due to a power glitch or the occasional lock-up), it’s always been a challenge to get it to re-acquire the remote sensors.  This has been the case since day one.

The console easily connects via WIFI to my router – that’s never a problem.  But the RF connection to the indoor and outdoor sensors has always been hit-or-miss. This seems to be independent of distance to the sensors – I initially had the remote sensor array mounted off our deck, about 15ft away from the console, and still no joy.

Connection success rate *seems* entirely random.  Sometimes it acquires the sensors on the first try, other times I have to power cycle the console again and again with fingers crossed. If I give up and just leave the console displaying no data, it has sometimes eventually connected on its own and other times not.

I’ve tried moving and/or disabling nearby cellphones and other RF-emitting devices, moving the console location, re-registering the transmitters – with no reliable luck.

I’m currently running 2.2.5 firmware, and have been for many months.

So, for anyone else who has trouble with the console acquiring the remote sensors - any tips or tricks?

Offline pimohdaimaoh

• Forecaster
  • "Be aware to our nature"
    • PIMOHWEATHER
Re: WS-1001-WIFI problem acquiring sensors
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2017, 06:39:28 AM »
Well I guess, theres a problem between the wall of your home maybe as noted about the WS-1001, has its limitation of --wireless signal will not pass through metal, earth or ground.
-Not recommended for use in the Arctic Circle.

so check your wall if that would be an issue why since RF signals in ambient are not much in capable of passing obstacles much. Hope this helps

test weather site: http://pimohweather.webutu.com/wxindex.php?lang=en
« Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 06:50:07 AM by pimohdaimaoh »

anything