Author Topic: Adjusting year to date rainfall total  (Read 826 times)

Offline silverstreak

Adjusting year to date rainfall total
« on: February 19, 2017, 09:34:40 PM »
I am new to Acurite and my indoor station is a model 06016. My first question is how do I go about adjusting my year to date total rain so it coincides with what it actually is. I am new so the ytd total is about half of what it actually is. Also our rain season is from October 1 to September 30, can I adjust my unit to reflect those dates?

Offline tygunn

Re: Adjusting year to date rainfall total
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2017, 12:34:08 PM »
I don't think you can adjust the YTD   rainfall.  I've never been able to with with 5 in 1.   Also on my console I don't have a year to date readout, just a "rainfall ever" readout, which is not particularly useful. 

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Offline silverstreak

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2017, 03:21:05 PM »
Thanks for the response. I was going to pour water in it until it gets to the total that is correct but wanted to wait for some responses and you're the only response I have gotten. If I can't adjust I will then pour water to it until I get the total that is correct. I thought this unit gives a year to date and that's what I want to change and not give me from January to December.

Offline Scalphunter

• Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2017, 04:08:02 PM »
Don't have your type station  but most WX units have to be set up on 3rd party software for rain years like yours. Not everywhere has an separate rain year. Seem like  only in the Sw area. Here where I am it Jan- Dec. With separate year for snow.

Offline tygunn

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2017, 03:34:51 PM »

That's a nice simple solution though!   Never even dawned on me. 

If you're mainly worried about Weather Underground I believe you should be able to edit the data there..
Thanks for the response. I was going to pour water in it until it gets to the total that is correct but wanted to wait for some responses and you're the only response I have gotten. If I can't adjust I will then pour water to it until I get the total that is correct. I thought this unit gives a year to date and that's what I want to change and not give me from January to December.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

anything