Author Topic: WXtoImg Licence issues  (Read 19710 times)

Offline ChristopherD

Re: WXtoImg Licence issues
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2017, 09:46:11 PM »
I am new to this hobby. I have saved and bought an antenna and hoped I will be able to enjoy the WXtoIMG program . I was even going to "pay" for the upgrade. Now to find out it is not upgradeable to enjoy the full benefit or  supported is very disappointing.
I tried Satsignal and picked up a nice computer virus. What is a good alternative?

Offline garyghj

• Munlochy PWS
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2017, 05:55:51 PM »
Hi Bushman. I really can't answer that one, perhaps others out there know the answer. However if you are able to establish a working 'key' I for one would be grateful. I have respect for Craig and his awesome programme and I suspect that just because he offered it for free, does not mean he cannot change his mind at any time. Gary

Offline garyghj

• Munlochy PWS
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2017, 06:07:51 PM »
Hi ChristopherD, The basic free edition is still worth having and working with, especially if you are new to polar orbiting satellite downlink receiving. Take a look at my images from today (http://www.stoneyfield.co.uk/wxtoimg/) If you are not already a member, it's well worth joining GEO (http://www.geo-web.org.uk/) they have great advice on all things satellite and how to set up a receiver and software. Gary

Offline garyghj

• Munlochy PWS
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2017, 06:15:01 PM »
Kevin, I have two editions running on two different ps's. both windows 10 64bit. One is 2.11.2 beta and the other is 2.10.11. I also dug out and old XP laptop we had in the office and tried both editions, but no joy. Thank you. Gary

Offline Psynosaur

• Weather Unified
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2017, 03:13:34 AM »
Thank you Kevin

Offline zanco

« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2017, 03:26:47 PM »
Hi Kevin, thanks a lot! with your info I was able to switch to the licensed version and control my Icom pcr2500.

Thanks !

Ben - PE2BZ

I have  keys that works with 2.10.11 or the beta 2.11.02,  since Craig put up keys on the website to "open" it up for free, I don't see a problem putting up one of mine here, this is case sensitive so copy carefully or cut and paste,  Kevin Schuchmann  CGHZ-PP9G-EAJZ-AWKK-NDNX

Offline sebborn

• Weather Satellite Images
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2017, 05:47:49 PM »
I am running WXtoImg with Windows10 and, thanks to Kevin Schuchmann, I have the full version up and running. Make sure that you use the exact username and Key. I suggest you cut and paste each, use the info after the : for each. The info Kevin supplied is

Username      :Kevin Schuchmann 
WXtoimg KEY :CGHZ-PP9G-EAJZ-AWKK-NDNX

I hope this helps.

[/quote]

Offline KW6JIM

• Weather Images - Eureka, Ca
« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2017, 03:46:16 PM »
Gary,
I was looking at your NOAA images.  Very nice!  I wanted to let you know about an option I found...  I you click on Options in and then Crop Telemetry...  it will!

Cheers and happy WXing.

Kevin, I have two editions running on two different ps's. both windows 10 64bit. One is 2.11.2 beta and the other is 2.10.11. I also dug out and old XP laptop we had in the office and tried both editions, but no joy. Thank you. Gary

Offline HighLife

« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2017, 06:11:40 PM »
Old thread, but thank you. Kevin.  Worked for OSX.

Offline WA7FWF

• Contributor
  • Blitzortung 1196
« Reply #34 on: November 20, 2017, 09:54:19 PM »
No problem enjoy it while it lasts, the NOAA APT series is getting old and I just watched the NOAA 20/jpss-1 launch last Saturday, the days of us getting the pictures straight from the satellite are coming to a end I'm afraid.

Offline leon_199194

« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2019, 10:51:25 AM »
hi. I've tried the keys available at https://wxtoimgrestored.xyz/ and they do work but the problem is when I close and re-open the software, it starts in freeware edition. like it's reset back to default or something. does anybody know why this is happening? I'm using the 2.11 version on raspbian