Author Topic: Anyone using the SamKnows Whitebox?  (Read 11914 times)

Offline okieman98

• Contributor
  • new and learning
Re: Anyone using the SamKnows Whitebox?
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2017, 12:30:14 AM »
where do u get one in the usa, would mind having  one here

PWS ID HEALDTON

Offline Maumelle Weather

• Forecaster
    • Maumelle Weather
« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2017, 06:11:49 AM »
where do u get one in the usa, would mind having  one here

Hi,

I signed up here:   https://www.samknows.com/products   Took about 2 weeks for a response.  They will send you an email. Check your junk/spam folder. That is where the first one of mine ended up.

John
GR2AE, GR3, Cumulus

Offline ConligWX

• Forecaster
  • #conligwx
    • conligwx.org
« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2017, 11:05:51 AM »
I've been using mine now for several months in the UK was on Sky but now on VM.

hence the increase  \:D/

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
« Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 11:09:40 AM by Toxic »
Regards Simon
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus (6162UK) • Daytime FARS • WeatherLink Live • AirLink • PurpleAir PA-II-SD • CumulusMX •

Offline eyecue

« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2017, 01:40:28 PM »
I  have had mine for about 10 years.  Just got a notice that it was too old a version for my internet speed. They want to send me a new one.  I said send it.  The weird thing is they have all my information on file and yet they asked for it again. 
Cocorahs, Skywarn, Aficionado of weather. Davis VP2  pro wireless, Oregon Scientific and DIY.

Offline Maumelle Weather

• Forecaster
    • Maumelle Weather
« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2017, 08:35:00 PM »
Me too, but I couldn't even get the website to open  :-(  I always wondered if a certain large telco beginning with A didn't want their lousy DSL performance in the FCC report  :lol:

I had to disconnect mine. I am on AT&T U-Verse. Four days after installing my SamKnows box, they throttled my connection back 50% (I have a 3Mb connection).  So, for anyone on AT&T, I would advise NOT getting one.

I was able to open the webpage, look at everything, etc.

John
GR2AE, GR3, Cumulus

Offline pfletch101

• Forecaster
    • Personal Website
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2017, 09:11:09 PM »
I am on Comcast, at their 150/20 service level, and have had my Whitebox for about a month. So far, the reported numbers are uniformly (if not hugely) better than 'advertised'. Download speeds are usually around 170 Mb/sec, and upload speeds hover around 23.8 Mb/sec. Interestingly, there appear to be consistent speed glitches around 21:00 CDT - the rare occasions on which my download speed has (transiently) dropped below 150 Mb/sec have all been around this time, and more minor slowdowns occur around then almost every night.
Vantage Pro 2+ connected to Raspberry Pi running weewx by means of Meteo-Pi - data incorporated in domestic energy production (PV) and use monitoring system.

anything