Author Topic: USB 2  (Read 1084 times)

Offline captgadget

• Forecaster
USB 2
« on: January 21, 2017, 11:37:30 AM »
Can anyone tell me why I'm getting this error message? I'm using a Davis Vantage Vue with USB. It seems to be sending information to WU and CWOP.

This message:System Message
Warning: This combination of hardware platform, firmware and weather station needs a USB 2.0 Hub to have the weather station connected.

Offline Jáchym

• Meteotemplate Developer
  • Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
Re: USB 2
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2017, 11:58:27 AM »
"this error message"

which one? ;)

Offline captgadget

• Forecaster
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2017, 12:03:18 PM »
System Message
Warning: This combination of hardware platform, firmware and weather station needs a USB 2.0 Hub to have the weather station connected.

Offline Jáchym

• Meteotemplate Developer
  • Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2017, 12:06:24 PM »
I had the same problem when I installed my Meteobridge.

This is from the MB wiki:

Remark: All stations connected via USB will need a small cheap USB 2.0 hub to be connected to Meteobridge, when TP-Link platform (MR3020, MR3040, WR703N) or D-Link (DIR-505) is used. Reason is a limitation in Atheros chipset in these platforms. Any passive USB 2.0 router for a few Euros/Dollars should do. When ASUS WL-330N3G is used as platform, no USB hub is needed.

Offline captgadget

• Forecaster
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2017, 12:20:36 PM »
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

This what I've been using but for some reason that I don't know it also quits working. So I just attached it and now it seems to be sending stuff to WU again. Some things never cease to amaze me.

Offline vreihen

• El Nińo chaser
  • Forecaster
  • K2BIG
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2017, 10:13:27 PM »
[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

This what I've been using but for some reason that I don't know it also quits working. So I just attached it and now it seems to be sending stuff to WU again. Some things never cease to amaze me.

Ditto for me and that same cheap USB hub.  I need to power-cycle MB every month or so when the USB link to my Acu-Rite console drops.  My MB and console are in a very warm location with minimal ventilation, so I'm attributing that as at least a contributing factor to the failures.....
« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 10:15:11 PM by vreihen »
WU Gold Stars for everyone! :lol:

Offline captgadget

• Forecaster
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2017, 10:16:38 PM »
Okay so what I'm experiencing is normal. Then that normal is good.