Author Topic: camera with ftp  (Read 1476 times)

Offline DAVE Z

camera with ftp
« on: December 15, 2016, 11:57:59 PM »
I was into the weathercams about 6 years ago. I used Panasonic  cameras back then. They had the ability to FTP an image to my wx website. I am in the market for a Network camera again. My problem with the Panasonics was the difficulty of trying to get them hooked up to the wireless router.
     Does anyone know of a webcam with ftp ability built in and is fairly easy to hook up? Or at least good customer support?  Thanks, Dave

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
Re: camera with ftp
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2016, 12:51:02 AM »
I like the newDlink cameras.  Easy-peasy FTP
Need low cost IP monitoring?  http://wirelesstag.net/wta.aspx?link=NisJxz6FhUa4V67/cwCRWA or PM me for 50% off Wirelesstags!!

Offline SpartanWX

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2017, 09:22:40 PM »
The hikivision that everyone here has this capability.

http://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=28118

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
    • Valentine Nebraska's Real-Time Weather
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2017, 04:51:47 AM »
If you want a warranty 3 yr. and tech support nellyssecurity is good place to purchase.
Randy

Offline DAVE Z

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2017, 02:19:16 PM »
I bought a couple of Dlink DCS-935L. I set up the FTP and it worked. HOWEVER, every new image has a different name! I can't force it to overwrite the file on my website with the same name. I could use Image Salsa to step in and do this but I planned to put the camera at my dads place and he doesn't keep a PC running all day.

So I have two questions, does anyone know of a Dlink camera that will over write file names on my WX website when I FTP?

What address do I put into Image Salsa to pull the image from the Dlink DCS-935L.

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
    • Valentine Nebraska's Real-Time Weather
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2017, 02:35:33 PM »
My Hikvisions are same way, with no filename overwrite ability (How Dumb). My solution has been to use 3rd party Blue Iris to ftp which requires full time PC running.  Wish there was a script out there or even better camera makers  add this feature like the expensive Stardot cameras do with their builtin server.
Randy

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2017, 03:14:36 PM »
Can you use a cron job to rename the file?

Enjoy,
Paul