Author Topic: FARCEBOOK  (Read 6762 times)

Offline Jáchym

• Meteotemplate Developer
  • Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
Re: FARCEBOOK
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2015, 04:45:42 PM »
Sure, then it is ok, what I meant is the "clicking monkeys" usually in China and India, where they get a dollar for sitting the whole day and clicking..

https://boostlikes.com/facebook and many others...

Offline DaculaWeather

• WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
    • North Georgia Weather
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2015, 04:49:03 PM »
These are people that have "Liked" my page and follow it. They even talk to me. Imagine that. :-)  :lol:

Offline CNYWeather

• Forecaster
    • CNYWeather
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2015, 04:51:22 PM »
Same here. I get asked questions and some post comments or photos on my FB page.
Tony

Offline WeatherHost

• Forecaster
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2015, 08:04:05 PM »
ZuckerDrones

Offline gluepack

• Contributor
    • Jerbils' Weather Site
« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2015, 04:06:46 AM »
Jachym said...
https://boostlikes.com/facebook

Strange that you should use that as an example. Perhaps you didn't read the details...

Are these real people liking my page?

Yes. We're promoting your page to a large audience of people, and whoever decides to like it will like it on (sic) their own free will. We do not compensate users for liking pages, nor to (sic) we use bots or employ click-farms like many of our competitors.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 04:09:31 AM by gluepack »

Offline Farmtalk

• Fitzweather
  • Forecaster
    • WV Waterfalls
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2015, 12:37:46 PM »
I have had a Facebook since my senior year of high school (2011), then got rid of it for 6 months when I was a sophomore in college (2013). Neither before, during my break from it, nor after now, have I ever thought Facebook controlled me in any way. I simply use it as a tool for staying in touch with people. I have people living in a few states that I simply cannot go and visit right now, but finding an easy way for us to talk (I have one bar of cell service at home) makes staying in touch easier. I don't read my news feed that my much or anything like that, but I use the site just as another tool like my PAPER address book for keeping in touch with people.  8-)
Joe Fitzwater
Chief Meteorologist for WVNS-TV 59 in Beckley, WV

Work Page on Facebook -> www.facebook.com/meteojoe
Work Page on Twitter -> https://twitter.com/meteojoe
Waterfalls -> www.wvfalls.com

Offline Jáchym

• Meteotemplate Developer
  • Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2015, 12:44:59 PM »
I have had a Facebook since my senior year of high school (2011), then got rid of it for 6 months when I was a sophomore in college (2013). Neither before, during my break from it, nor after now, have I ever thought Facebook controlled me in any way. I simply use it as a tool for staying in touch with people. I have people living in a few states that I simply cannot go and visit right now, but finding an easy way for us to talk (I have one bar of cell service at home) makes staying in touch easier. I don't read my news feed that my much or anything like that, but I use the site just as another tool like my PAPER address book for keeping in touch with people.  8-)

Hi... I agree with every single word... you basically paraphrased what I wrote earlier in this thread... in my case it is even more complicated because I dont have friends in different "states", but in different countries, many in Japan, Australia, US.... and it allows me to stay in touch with my former classmates etc. I dont post stupid selfies several times a day, I dont post photos of my yesterday´s dinner or send app invitations... but for the purpose I use it it is quite convenient, which is why I wrote that I disagree with the statement that "FB is hell", that is just a generalization

Offline Farmtalk

• Fitzweather
  • Forecaster
    • WV Waterfalls
« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2015, 03:11:48 PM »
Yeah, you know I'm not huge into social media, and I'm fairly young still (21). But some of this stuff coming out that targets 12 year olds is a little scary. Facebook for me is just another tool in the toolbox for making connections, just like a Rolodex (Have one), and anything else used for the same purpose.  8-)
Joe Fitzwater
Chief Meteorologist for WVNS-TV 59 in Beckley, WV

Work Page on Facebook -> www.facebook.com/meteojoe
Work Page on Twitter -> https://twitter.com/meteojoe
Waterfalls -> www.wvfalls.com

anything