Author Topic: WS-1400-IP disconnects from server  (Read 16221 times)

Offline kentm

Re: WS-1400-IP disconnects from server
« Reply #50 on: February 10, 2017, 12:38:13 PM »
Problem solved. In all this server/transfer ,reboot, update etc. I entered the wrong number in the station settings regarding Station identifier. While it says password, that blank really means "station Key" . I am back on the air now.

Thanks for the complete assistance provided by Ed at AMB WX.

Kentm
If everything appears to be going smoothly, you have overlooked something!!!

Offline sreeb

« Reply #51 on: February 14, 2017, 01:01:16 AM »
Version 3.1.2 fixed my problems while working with a static ip address.

From the ambient website, it looks WU switched over to cloud based  servers and their may be some stale DNS data.

Offline kentm

« Reply #52 on: February 14, 2017, 10:17:52 PM »
Same for me also. Downloaded and installed 3.1.2 
Static IP now working...
If everything appears to be going smoothly, you have overlooked something!!!

Offline greatg

« Reply #53 on: February 15, 2017, 02:11:42 PM »
Updated to 3.1.2 and changed to a static IP. Rebooted, now my server LED isn't on and no data going out?

Also, when set on DHCP, all data is being sent except for my pressure? It appears in my table randomly?
« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 02:22:32 PM by greatg »

Offline Zippy114

• My PWS on Weather Underground
« Reply #54 on: March 12, 2017, 04:10:24 PM »
Hi all,
I think i may have figured something out (after some WireShark sniffing).  My theory: a DHCP refresh does not update the DNS server IP address used by the WS-1400-IP.  Static IP should work.  If you use DHCP and are having server disconnect issues, try this.  In the Local Network tab, set the IP Address pull-down to Static, then fill in the fields as appropriate - Static IP Address is the address shown in your web link, subnet mask should not need to change, default gateway is usually your router IP, and (important) set the Static DNS Server to what your router is using (or your router itself if your router caches DNS).  If you don't know your default gateway or DNS server, open a command prompt in Windows, type "ipconfig /all", and look for "Default Gateway" and "DNS Servers". Once entered do Apply, Reboot (maybe not necessary).  After reboot go back to the Local Network tab and see that the Static DNS Server value is the one you entered.  Re-set the IP Address pull-down to DHCP then Apply, Reboot.  If my inkling is correct, all should work.  Pls report ...

Offline Zippy114

• My PWS on Weather Underground
« Reply #55 on: March 19, 2017, 06:17:53 PM »
of note: my above condition is claimed to be fixed in firmware update 3.1.6 (have not verified)

Offline Scrambler70

« Reply #56 on: April 09, 2017, 05:09:50 AM »
Hi all,

Have recently purchased a WH2600 PWS from China, (as I live in Australia and the US purchase sites did not seem to do overseas postage). I believe this is the same product as Ambient Weather's WS-1400-IP Station. I have the same server light issues, have followed this entire thread and tried everything suggested to no avail. Have upgraded the IPtools firmware to the latest Ambient Weather observer IP3.1 Version 3.1.6 and have noticed that in the live data tab, the receiver time says: XX:XX 00/00/2000 regardless of what time zone I input in the stations settings tab. and still no server light on the ObserverIP. This is starting to do my head in. Do I contact the supplier and ask for a new ObserverIP device or am I missing something? PS. I have checked my Weather Network details several times to make sure they are right...please help if you can.

Offline dolfs

« Reply #57 on: April 09, 2017, 08:16:08 PM »
I've been working with Ambient and Fine Offset on this and other issues.

Your symptoms are indicative of a failed connection to wunderground.com. It means you either did not configure a stationID and password at all, or what you specified is incorrect, or the ObserverIP does not have proper internet access.

Only if there is a successful upload of your data to wunderground.com will the unit's time be updated (and the server light be on). I am working with them to get that changed, but for now you're not getting the correct time indicates exactly what I mention.

The first thing is to check you specified the wunderground stationID and password. If you did not, there is your explanation. Assuming you did, however, a simple way is to go to wunderground.com and confirm there that you are not getting your data uploaded.

If you are convinced setup is OK, and if you really want to know for sure and in detail, you could use a network sniffer (tcpdump or wireshark) and look at http traffic from your ObserverIP. You should then notice that once it connects to wunderground.com the reply, while having status 200, does not include the word "success" but will report "INVALIDPASSWORDID|Password or key and/or id are incorrect". If you don't see the attempt to upload at all, then the Internet connectivity for the ObserverIP is suspect.

--dolf

Ambient WS-1400-IP + MeteoBridge

Offline Scrambler70

« Reply #58 on: April 10, 2017, 08:39:10 AM »
Thanks Dolfs for you very prompt and detailed reply. It was greatly appreciated.

After I sent my message last night (my time) and having convinced myself that I had checked all the input data countless times I decided to delete the station from WU and create a new instance before retiring for the night. (Reading your message at work today confirmed my decision)

You will be happy to know that my PWS is up and reporting to WU, and has been since shortly before midnight here, but I did not discover this until only a short time ago this evening. The time on the Live Data tab is in sync, so I am quite exited, as you can imagine, and have emailed to my family and friends telling them of my new device. I know, I'm a PWS Newb.

Anyway thank you once again for your help. I wonder now if the IP Observer will be remain stable, as I have noted other posts indicating otherwise after varying periods of time.