Author Topic: Recent forum 'Unable to connect to mySQL...' glitches .. hopefully reduced now  (Read 6133 times)

Offline saratogaWX

• Administrator
  • Forecaster
  • Saratoga, CA, USA Weather - free PHP scripts
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
I'd discovered a couple of ill-behaved robots hammering the forum with 10 to 30 concurrent searches, all from China, of course.

They're now blocked via .htaccess (entire class B addresses) so hopefully the 'Unable to connect to mySQL...' messages will be diminished.

Best regards,
Ken
Ken True/Saratoga, CA, USA main site: saratoga-weather.org
Davis VP1+ FARS, Blitzortung RED, GRLevel3, WD, WL, VWS, Cumulus, Meteobridge
Free weather PHP scripts/website templates - update notifications on Twitter saratogaWXPHP

Offline DanS

• Chiang Mai weather
  • Forecaster
    • ThaiWx
Dang little Chinabots must have been causing my disappearing avatar issue too because everything looks back to normal again since your fix. =D>
I was also getting an occasional "
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, webadmin@kundenserver.de and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."
 but no more with that either.
thanks again Ken!
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 07:20:30 PM by DanS »

anything