Author Topic: Alternative Dashboard Version 6.53 NOW RELEASED  (Read 51111 times)

Offline ed2kayak

• Ed
  • Forecaster
  • Davis Vantage Pro2 w/12 hr FARS, solar/uv
    • Cumberland Valley Weather
Re: Alternative Dashboard Version 6.51 NOW RELEASED
« Reply #225 on: January 21, 2012, 12:53:35 PM »
You will also need to change the ajaxWDwx-config.js file

I can't find that file, Is it from Ken base distrituion, or is it yours?
Ed
CoCoRaHS PA-CD-6,  Weather Underground KPAMECHA7, CWOP DW5425

Offline n7xrd

• Forecaster
    • Kamiah Weather
« Reply #226 on: January 21, 2012, 01:27:49 PM »
Brian just fixed the issue with the reset on January 1, if you just updated to the current build it should find it again.  If not, you may need to check with Brian.  I don't think he's got the average first snow fixed yet as mine is in November and it currently still says in February on mine and I'm at the latest version. 

Scott

Since you only have one snow season of data, you will not be able to get an average yet... average of 1 number is not possible!

Scott

Do I need to do something to get the first Snow of the season to show??  and the Average first snow??
Mine says Not Yet ! ??
I'll check with Brian I just did an update last night unless he's changed it since then!

Offline BurnsvilleWeather

• Burnsville, MN USA
  • Forecaster
  • Retired from Weather!
« Reply #227 on: January 21, 2012, 04:10:52 PM »
You will also need to change the ajaxWDwx-config.js file

I can't find that file, Is it from Ken base distrituion, or is it yours?

Sorry, that should have been:  ajaxWDwx-settings.js
My memory isn't what it used to be!

Scott
www.BurnsvilleWeatherLIVE.com (Formally Webster Weather LIVE)
Home of the Alternative Dashboard and Mobile Dashboard Scripts. Weather Display Scripts and Graphics

Davis VP2 with, UV, Solar, Leaf, Web Cam.

Offline ed2kayak

• Ed
  • Forecaster
« Reply #228 on: January 21, 2012, 05:02:04 PM »
Scott,
Thanks for help.
This line around 503 in ajaxWDwx.js made the change I was looking for. I changed snow to 1, which I believe is level of accuray in US.

var imperialDP = // decimal places
   { Temp:1 ,Wind:1 ,Baro:2 ,Rain:2 ,Snow:1 ,Alti:0 ,Dist:2 ,UV:0 };
Ed

• Burnsville, MN USA
  • Forecaster
  • Retired from Weather!
Re: Alternative Dashboard Version 6.53 NOW RELEASED
« Reply #229 on: January 22, 2012, 04:28:32 PM »
Version 6.53 is now available.  This is a maintenance release only, no need to update unless you have issues with anything in the change!

New in Version 6.53
Condensed average snow/rain/temps, thanks Matthew Romer. Fix for average snow reporting too low.  Thanks Tim Bubla!
Several other minor changes and bug fixes.  Also re-did the instructions to update them and give a bit more step-by-step
startup instructions as well as some links to the optional things people have a hard time finding.  Hope they help.

Link to download is in the 1st message of this thread.  Thanks

Scott
Home of the Alternative Dashboard and Mobile Dashboard Scripts. Weather Display Scripts and Graphics

Offline ed2kayak

• Ed
  • Forecaster
« Reply #230 on: January 22, 2012, 06:13:55 PM »
Version 6.53 is now available.  This is a maintenance release only, no need to update unless you have issues with anything in the change!

New in Version 6.53. Fix for average snow reporting too low.  Thanks Tim Bubla!
Scott

Scott, Thanks for updating your script.
I believe your average snow is using the cm numbers not inches? Or am I confused, which is possible.
Yours is:
January Avg:    12.30 in
Which is consistent with your testags:
$avsnowjan = '12.3'; //Average snow for jan from your inputted snow data (cm)

I noticed when I tried script the my monthly January avg was too high.
Ed

• Burnsville, MN USA
  • Forecaster
  • Retired from Weather!
« Reply #231 on: January 23, 2012, 01:39:09 PM »
Nope, mine is in inches and that value should be correct.  We average over 40" per season, last year we had 98"

Scott

New in Version 6.53. Fix for average snow reporting too low.  Thanks Tim Bubla!
Scott

Scott, Thanks for updating your script.
I believe your average snow is using the cm numbers not inches? Or am I confused, which is possible.
Yours is:
January Avg:    12.30 in

I noticed when I tried script the my monthly January avg was too high.

Offline ed2kayak

• Ed
  • Forecaster
« Reply #232 on: January 23, 2012, 02:09:30 PM »
OK  I was confused by your wxsnowsummary page

From my testtags:
$avsnowjan = '%avsnowjan%'; //Average snow for jan from your inputted snow data (cm) wich outputs line below
$avsnowjan = '24.3'; //Average snow for jan from your inputted snow data (cm)

24.3 * .3937 = 9.57 my avg Jan snow. The 24.3 shows up in the 6.52 alt_dash. (in otherwords cm)

Yours from above is:
January Avg:    12.30 in

which is in inches.
So why is one tag in in, and one in cm?
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 03:21:47 PM by ed2kayak »
Ed

• Burnsville, MN USA
  • Forecaster
  • Retired from Weather!
« Reply #233 on: January 24, 2012, 08:37:21 PM »
OK  I was confused by your wxsnowsummary page

From my testtags:
$avsnowjan = '%avsnowjan%'; //Average snow for jan from your inputted snow data (cm) wich outputs line below
$avsnowjan = '24.3'; //Average snow for jan from your inputted snow data (cm)

24.3 * .3937 = 9.57 my avg Jan snow. The 24.3 shows up in the 6.52 alt_dash. (in otherwords cm)

Yours from above is:
January Avg:    12.30 in

which is in inches.
So why is one tag in in, and one in cm?

Here is how it's done:

Code: [Select]
if (preg_match('|in|i',$uomRain)) { // use USA measurements
  $snowseason = $snowseasonin; // Snow for season you have entered under input daily weather, inches
  $snowmonth = $snowmonthin; // Snow for month you have entered under input daily weather, inches
  $snowtoday = $snowtodayin; // Snow for today you have entered under input daily weather, inches
  $snowyesterday = $snowyesterday; // Yesterdays' snow
  $snownow = $snownowin; // Current snow depth, inches.
  $apparentsolartemp = $apparentsolartempf;    // Apparent Solar
  //$avgmonthsnow1 = ($avgmonthsnow1 * .3937);  //Removed for version 3 of the ajax script from Ken True (Thanks Tim for the find)
} elseif (isset($snowseasoncm)) { // use Metric measurements
  $snowseason = $snowseasoncm; // Snow for season you have entered under input daily weather, cm
  $snowmonth = $snowmonthcm; // Snow for month you have entered under input daily weather, cm
  $snowtoday = $snowtodaycm; // Snow for today you have entered under input daily weather, cm
  $snowyesterday = $snowyesterday; // Yesterdays' snow
  $snownow = $snownowcm; // Current snow depth, cm.
  $apparentsolartemp = $apparentsolartempc;    // Apparent Solar
}

From there we can use the same tag throughout the script.

Scott

Offline rh205

• Gosport Weather
    • Gosport Weather
« Reply #234 on: March 24, 2012, 03:56:28 PM »
Hi,

I have started to use this dashboard on my website but was wondering whether there are any soil images available which shows the temperature in Celsius instead of Fahrenheit.

• Burnsville, MN USA
  • Forecaster
  • Retired from Weather!
« Reply #235 on: March 24, 2012, 04:32:06 PM »
Hi,

I have started to use this dashboard on my website but was wondering whether there are any soil images available which shows the temperature in Celsius instead of Fahrenheit.

I'm sure I can change them for you, I still have the originals somewhere.  Let me see if I can post them here for you maybe tomorrow.

Scott

Offline rh205

• Gosport Weather
    • Gosport Weather
« Reply #236 on: March 30, 2012, 06:29:55 AM »
Hi,

I have noticed that the dashboard is not displaying any data for the 3rd and 4th soil sensors. I have checked the testags file and it is being updated and uploaded with the data from these sensors. The tags on the dashboard match those used in testags. I have set the config file to 4. How can I get this bit working? Were you were able to find the images with celcius on them?

• Burnsville, MN USA
  • Forecaster
  • Retired from Weather!
« Reply #237 on: April 05, 2012, 07:28:52 PM »
Hi,

I have noticed that the dashboard is not displaying any data for the 3rd and 4th soil sensors. I have checked the testags file and it is being updated and uploaded with the data from these sensors. The tags on the dashboard match those used in testags. I have set the config file to 4. How can I get this bit working? Were you were able to find the images with celcius on them?

Did you un-comment out the ones for 3 and 4?  (remove the // in front of the lines).  I have to look at the code and see if it will display right with celcius, I'll need to add some code in for that I think.

Scott

Offline mickopla

• Forecaster
    • Waterford City Weather
« Reply #238 on: April 06, 2012, 04:01:14 AM »
I have my Solar sensor set to dictate the current conditions Icon on the Dashboard. When i load my dashboard for a second the proper Current Conditions show on screen but then it flicks over to my nearest Metar. This is 80 miles away and not always the same as where i am. As far as i know everything is set ok but something is overriding the solar on the dash after one second.

Any ideas how to fix this?? I'm using the latest dashboard.

Mike

Offline mickopla

• Forecaster
    • Waterford City Weather
« Reply #239 on: April 09, 2012, 12:52:56 PM »
I have my Solar sensor set to dictate the current conditions Icon on the Dashboard. When i load my dashboard for a second the proper Current Conditions show on screen but then it flicks over to my nearest Metar. This is 80 miles away and not always the same as where i am. As far as i know everything is set ok but something is overriding the solar on the dash after one second.

Mike

Looking through this thread i see others have had this problem too but i don't see a fix for it anywhere.

Maybe someone out there knows how to fix this problem

Cheers

Mike

• Burnsville, MN USA
  • Forecaster
  • Retired from Weather!
« Reply #240 on: April 10, 2012, 07:27:45 PM »

Mike

Mike,

I've looked through the script once again just to make sure.  The Metar is not used separately anywhere in the java.  WD sets when to over-ride the icons and if to use the metar or not.  You will need to look at that section(s) in WD to find it.  Most people have it set for only at night. 

Offline mickopla

• Forecaster
    • Waterford City Weather
« Reply #241 on: April 11, 2012, 08:48:45 AM »

Mike

Mike,

I've looked through the script once again just to make sure.  The Metar is not used separately anywhere in the java.  WD sets when to over-ride the icons and if to use the metar or not.  You will need to look at that section(s) in WD to find it.  Most people have it set for only at night. 

Thanks Scott for the reply.
I did change the settings in WD to not use any Metar Current Conditions at all but now i get the proper current conditions for a second then " It is ---" pops up and stays.
I know its nothing to do with your script so i guess i will just have to dig deeper into WD as there is something there that is overriding the Correct Conditions according to my Solar Sensor.

Mike

• Burnsville, MN USA
  • Forecaster
  • Retired from Weather!
« Reply #242 on: April 11, 2012, 09:08:44 PM »

Mike,

I did change the settings in WD to not use any Metar Current Conditions at all but now i get the proper current conditions for a second then " It is ---" pops up and stays.
I know its nothing to do with your script so i guess i will just have to dig deeper into WD as there is something there that is overriding the Correct Conditions according to my Solar Sensor.

Mike
Mike,

Wish I could help more but finding the right setting is difficult.  It will probably be worth a post on the WD forum and see if someone there or Brian will point out the exact spot.

Scott

Offline rh205

• Gosport Weather
    • Gosport Weather
« Reply #243 on: April 11, 2012, 09:59:26 PM »
Mike,

Have you looked at this page on ken's site: http://saratoga-weather.org/wxtemplates/setup-WD.php
It gives instructions on how to setup WD in order to get the current conditions icon working on the dashboard.

Hope this helps,

Ross

Offline mickopla

• Forecaster
    • Waterford City Weather
« Reply #244 on: April 12, 2012, 07:28:24 AM »

Mike,

Mike
Mike,

Wish I could help more but finding the right setting is difficult.  It will probably be worth a post on the WD forum and see if someone there or Brian will point out the exact spot.

Scott

Thanks Scott and Ross for the replies. I did post in the WD forum and got put on the right track to fixing the issue. I unchecked the " set weather conditions from Metar" box in the Clientraw settings and it did fix the issue  :grin:

Mike