Author Topic: WeatherLink.com intervals uploading to WU, CWOP, Globe  (Read 6085 times)

Offline ocala

• Forecaster
  • The blues had a baby and named it rock n roll
Re: WeatherLink.com intervals uploading to WU, CWOP, Globe
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2015, 09:11:48 AM »
Shouldn't that 15 minute update include highs and lows?

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
    • Valentine Nebraska's Real-Time Weather
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2015, 09:45:08 AM »
I found out some more from CaptainGadget, with WLIP it does update automatically every 1 minute to WL.com. Davis information: http://www.davisnet.com/support/weather/faq/answer/index.asp?ProdFam=15&faqCat=1&faqid=49
I've watched his uploads and it does update every minute. Here is the station: http://www.weatherlink.com/user/DDWeather

And the default is 15 minute uploads to WU: http://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KNESTAPL2#history

I can see the Davis site reports a different high currently 72 vs 71.2 but think this was only because of the 12AM reset time. Normally highs and lows would be same I would think. 
Randy

Offline ATCIS

• Weather Underground | Hillcrest Farms
Pushing data to WU from multiple sources simultaneously
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2015, 09:01:41 PM »
The 15-minute upload limit to WU is why I added a Meteohub to the WL.  The Meteohub is set to upload to WU every ten seconds.  Note that at times I may have to shut down the Meteohub for maintenance or setting changes and the WL serves as a back up uploader to WU because it is always running in the background at its 15-min interval.
I have a quick question for you regarding the quoted post above:  Are you pushing data to WU through weatherlink.com and your Meteohub concurrently/simultaneously?  Or do you just enable the weatherlink.com data push to WU when your Meteohub is down for maintenance?

Thanks in advance!

Offline livefeed

• Lusby Live!
« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2019, 01:47:09 PM »
My Globe upload seems to only happen one time and after that I have to restart WeatherLink for it to upload again, is this working for you?

Offline metro750

« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2019, 09:43:55 PM »
I'm using Davis WLIP and I've started get messages this week from WU that my station is offline, the back online, then offline, etc., etc., etc.

There's nothing wrong with my station so I assume this has to do with data transfer between WL and WU.  I see that the default upload interval from WL to WU is set to the default of 15 mins. and I can't change it to 5 min. or 1 min. unless I give them my credit card number.

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2019, 03:01:29 AM »
I'm using Davis WLIP and I've started get messages this week from WU that my station is offline, the back online, then offline, etc., etc., etc.

Think many users are seeing those messages to some degree or other. It's presumably continuing issues at WU and nothing to do with weatherlink.com.

I see that the default upload interval from WL to WU is set to the default of 15 mins. and I can't change it to 5 min. or 1 min. unless I give them my credit card number.

You mean unless you subscribe to the Pro plan? But I can't recall that being any different in the past - the free plan has always used 15min updates AFAICR. What's happened is that Davis have introduced the option of more frequent updates but these are only available to Pro users. Not sure that it's an unreasonable approach, ie you get basic features for free but if you want more than the basic features then you have to pay a little (eg the price of one coffee per month).
« Last Edit: May 11, 2019, 03:14:16 AM by johnd »
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline metro750

« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2019, 02:15:31 PM »

Think many users are seeing those messages to some degree or other. It's presumably continuing issues at WU and nothing to do with weatherlink.com.

I see that the default upload interval from WL to WU is set to the default of 15 mins. and I can't change it to 5 min. or 1 min. unless I give them my credit card number.

You mean unless you subscribe to the Pro plan? But I can't recall that being any different in the past - the free plan has always used 15min updates AFAICR. What's happened is that Davis have introduced the option of more frequent updates but these are only available to Pro users. Not sure that it's an unreasonable approach, ie you get basic features for free but if you want more than the basic features then you have to pay a little (eg the price of one coffee per month).

Thanks johnd.  I guess I'll wait for WU to fix their problems and hopefully these offline messages will go away soon.

anything