Author Topic: Problems installing old Boltek PCI Lightning detector in new Windows 10 OS  (Read 3368 times)

Offline 951storage

First problem I have to overcome is the device manager.

When I install the Nexstorm product onto my brand new windows 10 machine, I have two problems ( so far ). The detector does not show any strikes or noises. It is all zero's. The "upload, capture and receiver" all show green "enabled" tags.

First problem is after installed, if I reboot my machine I get an error message saying " missing GFX.dll. I reinstall and all appears to be OK. Happens every time I start the machine.

Second, in Device manager, the Junga and windriver file seems to be OK. However, under the " other devices" it has "PCI Device" which shows an error like the driver is not installed.

I've been to Boltek and downloaded the latest 64 PCI driver from Boltek, but I can't get it to correct itself by installing the driver. It just keeps showing there is a problem. This has to be the Boltek PCI card because I have two PCI slots and the other one is empty.

Pulling whats left of my hair out over this.

Any suggestions ?

Offline C5250

• Forecaster
    • Local weather
It looks like the first version of the Jungo driver to support Win10 is version 12 (The newest version on Bolteks website is a 10). Win10 will not install kernel mode drives unless they signed, so it's looks like you are stuck until Boltek releases an updated driver.  :sad:

BTW: you should have two entries in device manager, one Jungo and one StormTracker.

Precious little in your life is yours by right and won without a fight.

Offline 951storage

Hi and thanks for your reply.

On the advice of Relko, I was able to get things moving again by disabling "Windows forced driver signature verification", then installing the 64 bit driver downloaded from Boltek's website.

The link to where I found this information on how to disable Windows forced driver signature it is here.

http://www.howtogeek.com/167723/how-to-disable-driver-signature-verification-on-64-bit-windows-8.1-so-that-you-can-install-unsigned-drivers/

It worked perfectly and Jungo now shows both WinDriver and Stormtracker Driver residing in the Jungo directory.

Thanks again for your reply, Roy

Offline C5250

• Forecaster
    • Local weather
Thanks for the tip on how to get the driver installed! I'm sure it'll help others.
Precious little in your life is yours by right and won without a fight.