Author Topic: Davis WLL application mobile !  (Read 786 times)

Offline bianconero57

• Contributor
    • Valdefensch@57
Davis WLL application mobile !
« on: May 25, 2019, 04:25:28 AM »
hello
does the mobile application work ("Wind Live" section) if you have to configure WLL for two stations that use deports kits for Wind ?
in advance thank you good day
Regards

Online johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
Re: Davis WLL application mobile !
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2019, 04:35:25 AM »
does the mobile application work ("Wind Live" section) if you have to configure WLL for two stations that use deports kits for Wind ?

Not sure what 'deports kits' means - is it wind direction offsets for the anemometer? If so, then I expect the answer is yes.

I don't know how you have set the offsets - there are two options: one in the weatherlink.com browser app and the other in the WL smartphone app, both under the Configuration | Advanced Settings menus. But if you did set the values online and are wondering if the offsets propagate back to the WLL unit then I'm guessing that the answer is yes they do. But it's easy to check by looking in the Advanced Settings in the smartphone app. If the online settings are visible in the smartphone app then all is probably OK.

If the two settings do need to be made separately then make them in the smartphone app to see the correct values locally.

It's probably quite easy to check how it works by making some temporary exaggerated offsets (eg 180°) in the smartphone app.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2019, 04:42:45 AM by johnd »
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline bianconero57

• Contributor
    • Valdefensch@57
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2019, 05:03:30 AM »
hello thank you for the answer
actually according to the attached screnn that in the mobile app does not show me any variables !
I configured WLL for two stations that use "Anemometer Transmitter Kit" for WIND measurements ... [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Online johnd

• Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2019, 05:31:54 AM »
OK, maybe your question is simpler than I thought, ie wind readings missing completely?

What do you see in the other 'Extra Sensors' section at the bottom of the smartphone app display?
Prodata Weather Systems
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline bianconero57

• Contributor
    • Valdefensch@57
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2019, 06:26:11 AM »
I have the alphanumeric variables that are displayed and updated every 2.5 / 3 "seconds !
no problem you see the weather data displaying in your weatherlink.com account ....

Online johnd

• Forecaster
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2019, 06:40:21 AM »
OK, that's good. But I think you've highlighted one of the wrinkles of the WL smartphone app for showing WLL data.

On a traditional VP2 console+logger you can have only one anemometer reporting, whether that's on the ISS or on a separate anemometer transmitter. There's no problem here for the WL smartphone app in having a single wind rose and wind speed display - there can only be one active anemometer.

But on a WLL you could in principle have 8 anemometers reporting to the WLL. Right now if you don't have an anemometer connected to a regular ISS but instead eg 2 x 6332 transmitters then the WL app doesn't know which anemometer data to treat as the primary one and so the wind rose stays unpopulated. (If you do have an anemometer connected to an ISS then presumably the ISS with the lowest ID is treated as the primary anemometer and the wind rose etc gets data, but the same rule does not appear to extend to standalone anemometers.)

This isn't a problem with the Bulletin display on the main browser app because there's plenty of screen real estate to show multiple wind speed displays etc. But space is much more limited on the WL smartphone app and space has only been allowed for a single wind rose etc.

What's perhaps missing at present is a WLL setting whereby you can nominate which of several supplementary anemometers you wish to see as the primary anemometer.

Does that all make sense? In a way this kind of issue may be unavoidable. The much greater flexibility of WLL for reading multiple sensors almost inevitably means that there will be sensor combinations where new rules will need to be implemented eg in the WL app.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2019, 07:25:39 AM by johnd »
Prodata Weather Systems
Cambridge UK

Offline bianconero57

• Contributor
    • Valdefensch@57
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2019, 07:59:17 AM »
thank you and I also deduced your conclusions
actually it's the limit of an "innovative" product

I have my main station ID1 which is configured on WLL
my associated transmetter kit on ID8
Installed Sensors: "Wind" box checked
advanced settings> Select Anemometer> This device selected
menu deroulant "wind deport ISS2" which would correspond to the second transmitter of the second station wirelees (ID7)

so I could find and opt for a display "correct" for my main station?
I have to delete what configuration possibly?
Regards

Online johnd

• Forecaster
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2019, 08:05:31 AM »
So you actually do have 8 different transmitters reporting to WLL???  :shock: :shock: :shock: That's probably unique (outside of Davis at least).

But is there an anemometer connected to the station on ID #1 - I would have expected that to report wind data to the wind rose.
Prodata Weather Systems
Cambridge UK

Offline bianconero57

• Contributor
    • Valdefensch@57
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2019, 09:57:16 AM »
[tup]yes 8 different transmitters!
this is my VP2 + wireless station w / Fam configured ID1 console at ID8 for the anemo kit
http://valdefench57sgz.franceserv.com/weatherlink/load_wl2.php

+ my VP2 + secondary wireless configured ID5 console and ID7 for the anemo kit
http://seremange-meteolive.franceserv.com/weatherlink/load_wl2.php

2x Davis 6382 – Wireless Temperature/Humidity Station
1x Davis 6345cs – Complete Wireless Soil Moisture/Temperature Station
1x Davis 6372 – Wireless Temperature Station

WL-IP displays ok on the app mobil singularly for each stations ...
« Last Edit: May 25, 2019, 10:02:31 AM by bianconero57 »

Online johnd

• Forecaster
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2019, 10:14:48 AM »
So you do not have an anemometer directly attached to either one of your ISS units?
Prodata Weather Systems
Cambridge UK

Offline bianconero57

• Contributor
    • Valdefensch@57
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2019, 10:32:01 AM »
NO more now both anemo are on the roof and connected with the transmission kit and set according to the user manuals ...
my two consoles correctly display the variables !

Online johnd

• Forecaster
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2019, 10:44:07 AM »
NO more now both anemo are on the roof and connected with the transmission kit and set according to the user manuals ...

OK, thanks - that's all clear now. I think what's caused this issue is that neither of your ISS units has an anemometer directly attached. If one of the ISS's DID have an anemometer then that would show up on the wind rose etc in the WL smartphone app.
Prodata Weather Systems
Cambridge UK

Offline bianconero57

• Contributor
    • Valdefensch@57
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2019, 10:50:23 AM »
 :?: oddly i have the display "wind rose etc" in the WL smartphone app if we singularly takes each station ISS ??!

Offline DA270

« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2019, 11:51:59 AM »

OK, thanks - that's all clear now. I think what's caused this issue is that neither of your ISS units has an anemometer directly attached. If one of the ISS's DID have an anemometer then that would show up on the wind rose etc in the WL smartphone app.

So, am I understanding correctly that the live wind display will not work with a separate wind transmitter and only with the wind sensor attached to an ISS?

Online johnd

• Forecaster
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2019, 12:12:29 PM »
So, am I understanding correctly that the live wind display will not work with a separate wind transmitter and only with the wind sensor attached to an ISS?

It's ended up being something of an arcane point, but what we've been talking about is what appears in the Wind section specifically of the Weatherlink smartphone app (the browser Bulletin is something quite different). It seems like if the anemometer is connected to a 6332 anemometer Tx then the LIVE data won't appear in the Wind section of the app, though it will be there in the Extra Sensors section lower down.

But a couple of caveats to this:

1. The OP's configuration is obviously a very complicated one with all 8 wireless channels in use. So this conclusion needs confirming  by someone with a WLL and a simpler configuration.

2. I suspect that Davis could and will implement a workaround for this in future whereby you can nominate which non-ISS anemometer you wish to display in the Wind section of the app.
Prodata Weather Systems
Cambridge UK

Offline DA270

« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2019, 05:59:28 PM »

It seems like if the anemometer is connected to a 6332 anemometer Tx then the LIVE data won't appear in the Wind section of the app

I suspect that Davis could and will implement a workaround for this in future whereby you can nominate which non-ISS anemometer you wish to display in the Wind section of the app.

That's disappointing. A one ISS, one 6332 installation would be a very common setup. In fact that has been illustrated in Davis documentation for many years. It's what I have and would be my main incentive to switch from a WLIP to a WLL.

Hope they fix it. Thanks for the clarification.

Online johnd

• Forecaster
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2019, 03:36:53 AM »
That's disappointing. A one ISS, one 6332 installation would be a very common setup.

Well let me just reiterate - my post above is simply my best guess. I haven't had chance to actually try an (ISS minus anemometer) + (6332 with anemometer) configuration and I could easily be wrong. It needs someone to specifically test how this combination appears on the WL smartphone app and report back here.
Prodata Weather Systems
Cambridge UK

Offline bianconero57

• Contributor
    • Valdefensch@57
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2019, 03:51:23 AM »
 [tup] hello
it is resolved ! a bad "configuration"  :oops:
edit station primary
check the "Wind" box
under "Advanced settings" uncheck "the device" by default and choose the right transmit report to WLL
Regards

Online johnd

• Forecaster
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2019, 04:42:59 AM »
it is resolved ! a bad "configuration"  :oops:

Good, well spotted! Must admit I was slightly surprised that this option wasn't already there somewhere. Looks like you can make the adjustment either from the browser app or the smartphone app.
Prodata Weather Systems
Cambridge UK

Offline DA270

« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2019, 07:44:28 AM »
[tup]
it is resolved

Awesome! Great to see that you have it working!
With all of the configuration flexibility of the WLL, and the fact that it's a new product leaves all of us with a lot of questions.
Thanks guys!  [tup]

anything