Author Topic: MadALwx  (Read 23784 times)

Offline Scalphunter

• Forecaster
Re: MadALwx
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2010, 06:57:19 PM »
How that going to help when just walking across an room fatiuges them like it does my son.  He is down to 130 lbs from 220.   Ex Ranger 12 year services and now run around from VA.

John

Offline W3DRM

• Forecaster
    • Emmett Weather
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2010, 11:21:53 AM »
Has anyone had any contact with Lee (MadAlWx)? The slow-down and B-52 posts reminded of him. Sure hope he is hanging in there okay.

Don - W3DRM - Emmett, Idaho --- Blitzortung ID: 808 --- FlightRadar24 ID: F-KBOI7
Davis Wireless VP2, WD 10.37s150,
StartWatch, VirtualVP, VPLive, Win10 Pro
--- Logitech HD Pro C920 webcam (off-line)
--- RIPE Atlas Probe - 32849

Offline DaculaWeather

• WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
    • North Georgia Weather
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2010, 11:26:03 AM »
I spoke with him a few weeks ago but not since.

Offline W3DRM

• Forecaster
    • Emmett Weather
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2010, 11:34:59 AM »
I spoke with him a few weeks ago but not since.

Thanks, I've been through this with two other close friends and know it's not fun for anyone. If you hear any more please let us know how he's doing.

Don - W3DRM - Emmett, Idaho --- Blitzortung ID: 808 --- FlightRadar24 ID: F-KBOI7

Offline DaculaWeather

• WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
    • North Georgia Weather
« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2010, 11:56:33 AM »
He's suppose to keep me informed about severe weather coming my way, he's upstream from me.

Offline George Richardson

• WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
    • Smith Mountain Lake Weather
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2010, 02:23:22 PM »
I had the following correspondence with Lee Day before yesterday. I am posting it without his permission but I don't think he would mind.

Hey Lee,
I miss reading your posts on the WXforum but I certainly understand your position. I trust your fight is continuing. We get into a lot of fights we can't or shouldn't win, the opponent is just too big, but we get satisfaction from fighting a good fight. . . . . .  I read your descriptions of your battles and I say "Damn, he shouldn't have to be fighting to get something that small that he obviously needs!" then I think, maybe its a blessing in disguise that its just something to piss you off so you can fight some winnable battles. Keep up the good fight.
George

George,
It's good to hear from you friend.
Almost 1/2 way; I pray your fight is successful. Most of the fight is in your mind, no matter what illness. I believe that's why I'm going on +4yrs over expected life of 2yrs.
We all have our battles, and to each the level is the same. What's diff is how well you do it.

When I was 1st diagnosed I was so angry, not at the diag, but what it will do in the end to my family, especially my 7yr old son. I then realized what I can teach/show him;
even if you can't win, fight the good fight, never give up. You have to have hope. Channel it. Win small fights if you have to.

That's why, you're right, I pick at the VA machine and now, the gov't. Take a gander. http://www.knology.net/~blackjack52/ourflag.php

God bless. It was great hearing from you.

Fight the good fight...and be Well.
Lee "Blackjack" Persing, USAF Retired
www.Fox4ALS.com
MadALwx www.knology.net/~blackjack52

Offline DaculaWeather

• WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
    • North Georgia Weather
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2010, 02:32:21 PM »
Something important to know too... Lee doesn't type with his hands anymore, he uses his eyes to do all of his typing. Just incredible what a person can do if they have too. I have a tremendous respect for him and how he's handling things. I can't even begin to imagine how hard it is.

God bless you Lee.

Offline W3DRM

• Forecaster
    • Emmett Weather
« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2010, 11:09:02 PM »
Steve,

Thanks for keeping us updated. Be sure to pass on to Lee that we are all pulling for him and praying for him too.

As I mentioned earlier I had two friends who had ALS. One of them lived 10 (ten) years past what the doctors said he would. He was a fighter to the end. We all learned a lot and were humbled greatly with his grace and acceptance of this horrible disease. Lee sounds like the same kind of person who has and will pass on so much more than any of us could possibly give.

God Bless,

Offline Downlinerz2

• Forecaster
« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2010, 11:23:54 PM »
   As a Radiation Therapist I was daily shocked and awed to see what people are able to accomplish in the face of devastating events.  I thank you as well for keeping us posted.  He is certainly an inspiration to say the least. 
     God Bless Lee and family!  [-o< [-o<

Offline weathergirl

• Forecaster
    • Beamsville Weather Station
« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2010, 09:46:35 AM »
Lee's letter to George just overwhelmed me to tears. It brought back all the emotions I felt as I watched my father and three cousins suffer with ALS. His courage in battling this awful disease is a wonderful example to his family and all of us. Blessings to you and your family, Lee.
Ann-Marie
Beamsville, Ontario, Canada

Offline Bunty

• Forecaster
  • Stillwater, home of Oklahoma State University
    • Welcome to Stillwater Weather
« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2010, 04:46:03 PM »
While no magic cure, other ALS patients have fought for the right to use medical marijuana as this youtube video shows made in 2000:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxIlwNpKZFI

« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 04:53:43 PM by Bunty »

Also the 2nd home page using modified AltDashboard 6.95 at http://stillwaterweather.com/2ndhome.php

Offline Wx4U

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2010, 07:45:05 PM »
As Lee said the fight is the most important thing he can do. One of the best known, longest survivor of ALS is Stephen Hawkin, British theoretical physicist. He was given two years about forty-five years ago. Although he is almost fully paralyzed, he continues to pursuit his earth studies. Hang on Lee and do every darn thing you can possibly do. God Bless
Bob
Retired USAF Air Traffic Controller, Davis VP2 Wireless, WLS 5.8.2, LaCrosse 2308, Logitech Pro 9000 (Roof mounted on rotor), CoCoRaSh gauge, KTXARLIN35, Compaq Presario W/Vista

Offline jeffgod

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2010, 10:25:52 PM »
God bless, Lee. My thoughts are with you.
Member #2058
Vantage Pro 2 Cabled
WeatherLink serial version
Cumulus

Offline Windwalker222

• The Country Depot
« Reply #38 on: April 27, 2010, 10:43:09 AM »
God Bless Lee, he is one of the most important examples of keeping on in the face of great odds and fighting to show a good example of never giving up.

Ron
Zephyr PWS-1000TD-X, Weather Display 10.37P, Dedicated 2.13Ghz 512MB, XP Pro

Offline offroadjosh

• Davis Vp2 Wireless- VWS 14 P90 Serial Data logger
  • Forecaster
  • Montana Firefighter
    • My Website=)
« Reply #39 on: May 01, 2010, 05:46:29 PM »
Any updates on Lee?

Josh
Josh Patten

Davis VP2 Wireless -May 2008
VWS 14.00P90\WL 5.9.9/Plus others!
Skywarn trained
CoCoRaHS member
Smith Valley Fire Dept Firefighter:)
http://josh.northwestwx.com/station/usa.htm
CWOP-DW0711
Kestrel 2000 hand held anemometer
Cocorahs 4in rain gauge
Custom co

Offline andro700

• Chuck
  • Forecaster
    • Gobles Weather Page
« Reply #40 on: May 01, 2010, 07:07:53 PM »
He is over on the Weather Watch forum. I have seen him post over there on a regular basis.

Chuck

Offline weatherforyou

• Forecaster
  • My weather is on WeatherForYou.com. Is yours?
    • http://www.weatherforyou.com
« Reply #41 on: May 01, 2010, 07:50:54 PM »
One of the founders of a coffee house chain based here in Southern Oregon, Dutch Brothers, died of ALS last year.  Dane was a fighter to the end.  Yesterday they had a fund raiser where all profits when to the Muscular Dystrophy Foundation for ALS research.  Last year they raised $80,000.  I haven't heard how much they raised yesterday yet.  So if you have a Dutch Bros in your neighborhood be looking for their ALS fund raiser next year.  :)

My family's prayers are with you, Lee.
Joe Torsitano