Author Topic: Hikvision IP Camera  (Read 297297 times)

Offline Ian.

• Forecaster
    • Chatteris Weather
Re: Hikvision IP Camera
« Reply #1150 on: January 08, 2016, 12:09:48 PM »
Hi

I've a problem with my ds-2CD2032, since it doesn't do snapshot ftp upload to server with the same filename overwritten.

I guess I'm not so only one with a Hikvision that need a static filename to ftp, so I hope someone can help me with this.

Previously I used weather display to do the job, but I'm migrating to meteohub on raspberry pi, so I must find a new solution.

I don't have much programming skills, but what I know of, a script on the server might handle this. Also I have a spare raspberry pi, but I'm pretty much newbie with pi as well.

Ill be very happy for any help

I use IPTimelapse from Sebectec, this grabs the image and saves it as a .jpg needs a PC to be on to run which is probably not what your after.
CWOP - DW3371
PWS - ICAMBRID16
https://www.chatteris.biz

Offline plex

• Contributor
« Reply #1151 on: January 09, 2016, 09:12:21 AM »
You must create a php script that deletes old captures, takes the last, moves it to a specific folder and renames it to the ***.jpg you want. You must upload the script to your server. Then you have to create a cronjob that tells the script to run every ** seconds you want. If you can not create a cronjob or the server does not allow you to do that, you have to make php runs from a specific link (Say that php is in address www.mystation/webcam/file/file.php) Every time you click this address, script runs and do the job. All you have to do is find a program that hits this address every ** sec or put it in an autorefresh page that wiil do the job.

Hello Morfeas

I did solve my problem the way you said - I found a script that works great, and cronjob was very easy at my provider.

<?php
$fileList = glob('192.168.1.140*.jpg');
var_dump($fileList);
foreach (glob("192.168.1.140*.jpg") as $filename) {
  echo "Renaming " . $filename . " now.</br>";
  if(file_exists($filename)) {
    rename($filename, "webcam2" . ".jpg");
    echo $filename . " is now webcam2" . ".jpg</br>";
  }
}
?>

However more wants more, so now I want a raspberry pi to add weather info to the picture, and do time lapse as well. Is it possible with little programming skills?

I've found this code, for retrieving data?
curl http://yourmeteohubip/meteograph.cgi?text=actual_th0_temp_c

But what software do I need on my pi?

Offline plex

• Contributor
« Reply #1152 on: January 09, 2016, 09:13:58 AM »
Hi

I've a problem with my ds-2CD2032, since it doesn't do snapshot ftp upload to server with the same filename overwritten.

I guess I'm not so only one with a Hikvision that need a static filename to ftp, so I hope someone can help me with this.

Previously I used weather display to do the job, but I'm migrating to meteohub on raspberry pi, so I must find a new solution.

I don't have much programming skills, but what I know of, a script on the server might handle this. Also I have a spare raspberry pi, but I'm pretty much newbie with pi as well.

Ill be very happy for any help

I use IPTimelapse from Sebectec, this grabs the image and saves it as a .jpg needs a PC to be on to run which is probably not what your after.

Hello Ian

The key for me, is to be without a pc running, like I used to have. Weather Display did the job previously
« Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 09:20:09 AM by plex »

Offline morfeas2002

• Forecaster
  • Kostas, Kalamata, Greece
    • Kalamata weather station
« Reply #1153 on: January 09, 2016, 11:59:20 AM »
I have a pc running for weatherlink, so i don`t have a problem with that. But i don`t know something to help you.

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #1154 on: January 09, 2016, 02:58:11 PM »
You must create a php script that deletes old captures, takes the last, moves it to a specific folder and renames it to the ***.jpg you want. You must upload the script to your server. Then you have to create a cronjob that tells the script to run every ** seconds you want. If you can not create a cronjob or the server does not allow you to do that, you have to make php runs from a specific link (Say that php is in address www.mystation/webcam/file/file.php) Every time you click this address, script runs and do the job. All you have to do is find a program that hits this address every ** sec or put it in an autorefresh page that wiil do the job.

Hello Morfeas

I did solve my problem the way you said - I found a script that works great, and cronjob was very easy at my provider.

<?php
$fileList = glob('192.168.1.140*.jpg');
var_dump($fileList);
foreach (glob("192.168.1.140*.jpg") as $filename) {
  }
}
?>

However more wants more, so now I want a raspberry pi to add weather info to the picture, and do time lapse as well. Is it possible with little programming skills?

I've found this code, for retrieving data?
curl http://yourmeteohubip/meteograph.cgi?text=actual_th0_temp_c

But what software do I need on my pi?
I have tried this code but get a
   array(0) { }
response and the file is not renamed.
<?php
$fileList = glob('192.168.0.99*.jpg');
var_dump($fileList);
foreach (glob("192.168.0.99*.jpg") as $filename) {
  }
}
?>

I just changed the IP to mine.  The script is in the same folder where the Hikvision uploads the jpg image. 
I don't know PHP and is there perhaps a syntax error I've made, or any other suggestion?

Paul

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #1155 on: January 10, 2016, 05:34:38 PM »
Success www.komokaweather.com/pictures/hvipimage/hvipimage.jpg thanks to the patience and excellent help from morfeas2002

Not much to look at right now as the snow squalls this afternoon plugged up the camera once again.  No way to get on the roof at this time of year so will have to wait for nature to clear it.  First time snow plugged it it cleared by itself on the same day.  I guess having it pointed for a west view exposes it for all those Lake Effect squalls.

Now to modify all the webcam services' uploads to this and no more worries about WebcamXP stopping or computer down issues, I hope...

Paul

Offline Andy G

• Forecaster
    • SunPrairieWeather.com
« Reply #1156 on: January 10, 2016, 05:42:20 PM »
That is definitely "plugged".
Once you can accept the universe as being something expanding into an infinite nothing which is something, wearing stripes with plaid is easy.
~Einstein

SunPrairieWeather.com
Davis VP2 24 FARS

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
    • Valentine Nebraska's Real-Time Weather
« Reply #1157 on: January 10, 2016, 05:43:40 PM »
Paul, Is it something you can share?
Randy

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #1158 on: January 10, 2016, 06:14:05 PM »
In the absence of morfeas2002 I have edited for uploading.  I have made some comments on what paths/file names to change and my apology if I have erred or missed something.  For those with PHP knowledge it should be easy.  For others like me, a bit of a challenge but got it working.  And don't forget to remove the .txt and rename to .php

Enjoy,
Paul

Edit: updated attachment
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 12:40:49 PM by PaulMy »

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
« Reply #1159 on: January 10, 2016, 06:22:22 PM »
Thanks Paul & morfeas2002, sure it will help those not wanting to rely on 3rd party software.
Randy

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
« Reply #1160 on: January 10, 2016, 06:26:30 PM »
Paul it looks corrupt with odd symbols and characters.
Randy

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #1161 on: January 10, 2016, 06:27:02 PM »
It should be fine as that is the Greek comments that I did not remove.

Paul

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
« Reply #1162 on: January 10, 2016, 06:27:35 PM »
LOL,  :grin:
Randy

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #1163 on: January 12, 2016, 12:50:01 PM »
That is definitely "plugged".
Well, after a day or so it was getting unplugged and signs of life.... and then some more snow again ](*,)

However today's flurries were/are much lighter and fluffier than the previous snow and the Hik is showing well again... http://www.komokaweather.com/pictures/hvipimage/hvipimage.jpg

Paul

« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 12:52:25 PM by PaulMy »

Offline cospringswx

• Forecaster
    • Colorado Springs Weather
« Reply #1164 on: January 12, 2016, 06:50:59 PM »
Looks good Paul.

Ryan 

Colorado Springs, CO
www.cospringsweather.com
Davis Vantage Vue
Weather Display Software
Amcrest HD IP Camera

Offline morfeas2002

• Forecaster
  • Kostas, Kalamata, Greece
    • Kalamata weather station
« Reply #1165 on: January 18, 2016, 01:52:28 PM »
A test timelapse with my hik cam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-IFhOuJYsk

Offline DaleReid

• Forecaster
    • Weather at Eau Claire, WI
Ryan: New Hikvision IP Camera
« Reply #1166 on: January 31, 2016, 08:50:12 AM »
Good morning.

I'm a piker with my camera yet, but still want to add another one to see if I can not only see where the dog is and who's coming up the driveway, but also use the camera to see if I can get something off on my home insurance, also.  Never heard of that, so thanks guys for chatting about it.

However, aside from the eternal problem of getting an authentic Hik, there are comments that things changed a lot, and with newer models wonder two things:

What's the chance of getting a real one (I like the heavy duty construction, and quality build of the rest of the camera, especially the lens quality.  Is Netview still the best chance?

Second, what is the current camera that I should be searching for?  I have the DS-2CD2032-I, but wonder if there are newer, higher res, better featured fixed view cameras out there?

Thanks guys.  I have made some half hearted attempts to get the view on my little weather page, but to no avail.  And with work and a family situation I've not got the time until spring to really double down on this hobby.  But I sure do enjoy seeing all the scenes that you have offered up here.

If this has recently been hashed over I'll happily take a pointer to a thread discussing this.  Dale
ECWx.info
&
ECWx.info/t/index.php

Offline DaleReid

• Forecaster
« Reply #1167 on: January 31, 2016, 08:54:13 AM »
And one last tweak, I went looking for a retailer called 'netview' and got loads of stuff unreleated to what I was hoping for.

Is there more to the search that I should try to find the seller?  Thanks again for the handholding.
Dale
ECWx.info
&
ECWx.info/t/index.php

Offline Maumelle Weather

• Forecaster
    • Maumelle Weather
« Reply #1168 on: January 31, 2016, 09:07:55 AM »
GR2AE, GR3, Cumulus

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
« Reply #1169 on: January 31, 2016, 09:19:08 AM »
Randy

Offline DaleReid

• Forecaster
« Reply #1170 on: January 31, 2016, 01:12:13 PM »
Randy,
Thanks for the info, also.  Is it 'bad' to have the F version?  I'm not seeing anything to help determine that, but there are three ending in F-I, one of which seems to just be a difference in the lens focal length.

But if the old stuff isn't available, then there is no fretting; especially if the new ones do all that the old ones did or more.

ECWx.info
&
ECWx.info/t/index.php

Offline DaleReid

• Forecaster
« Reply #1171 on: January 31, 2016, 01:15:53 PM »
John,
Thanks for taking the time to help point me in the right direction, and for the link.  No way would I have found netview without that direction.

I remember some time ago chatter about how hard it was to get a 'real' one, so I hope to avoid hassle and software incompatability since I have enough trouble with configuring stuff as it is.  And I've found enormous trouble with Firefox add ons which are marvelous for blocking ads and pop ups and stuff, but more often than not, obscure a check box or continue button.  Grrr.

ECWx.info
&
ECWx.info/t/index.php

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
« Reply #1172 on: January 31, 2016, 02:22:26 PM »
Dale only thing I know about the F version is it includes built in Micro SD Slot, and some say it seems cheaper material and different size plug. I don't think Netview is a authorized dealer in fact none of the Amazon sellers are so no warranty other than the 30 day Amazon return policy. I wouldn't do any firmware upgrades on any Hikvision cameras off Amazon just to stay on safe side. They say a “CH” in the serial number is dead giveaway the camera is Chinese version with hacked software.  Good news I have 6 cameras from 3 different sellers and all still running strong
Randy

Offline CNYWeather

• Forecaster
    • CNYWeather
« Reply #1173 on: January 31, 2016, 04:25:07 PM »
Randy,
Thanks for the info, also.  Is it 'bad' to have the F version?  I'm not seeing anything to help determine that, but there are three ending in F-I, one of which seems to just be a difference in the lens focal length.

But if the old stuff isn't available, then there is no fretting; especially if the new ones do all that the old ones did or more.

The link above is where my 2nd one came from. It's an F version. I'm really shocked how the picture is at night without any light.
I had a light on all night, but my crazy dog sees rabbits out there and barks at all hours. Now the camera can see them but he cant.

Tony

Offline DaleReid

• Forecaster
« Reply #1174 on: January 31, 2016, 04:47:05 PM »
Well, that tells me a lot more than I knew before.

I guess it's time to take the plunge and get another one.

Thanks for all the hand holding.  With my luck when I think I have something figured out, I don't!

That is a great night time shot.  We get black bears spring and fall, and with that kind of seeing ability, I could actually set the motion detection routine to grab a video if the bruin shows up this spring.  I'm getting tired of bending the feeders back in position.  The birds are OK, but to go a couple six weeks without feeders filled they move on and are hard to attract again. 

ECWx.info
&
ECWx.info/t/index.php