Author Topic: URGENT Leuven template xml errors retrieving metar - current conditions  (Read 733 times)

Offline wvdkuil

• Wim van der kuil
  • Forecaster
    • My PWS at Leuven Belgium Europe
Probably some new problems with the METAR site  as invalid xml or 503 errors are found
Please go to problems page if you encounter multiple errors in wsMetarXml.php including a fatal one on the same line.
http://leuven-template.eu/problems.php?lang=en

Be aware that the errernous xml can be cached, so reload the cache with adding &force=metar (or ?force=metar)t o your url.

I posted a new version of the script there already two times, hope it will remove the problems until this evening CEST as I am away from my computer for the rest of the day (CEST).

If new problems show up, please switch your settings to retrieve "current conditions"  from metar to yahoo in the wsSettings.php  by changing two lines from
Code: [Select]
#---------------------------------------------------------------------------
# from which source do we get the current conditions. Select one, comment out the other
#------------------------------------------------------------------------- #####
#$SITE['curCondFrom'] = 'wd'; // if you are using WeatherDisplay AND have set WD correctly
#$SITE['curCondFrom'] = 'yahoo'; // if you use Yahoo also for the forecast on the startpage no other forecast
$SITE['curCondFrom'] = 'metar'; // default, mostly best choice
to
Code: [Select]
#---------------------------------------------------------------------------
# from which source do we get the current conditions. Select one, comment out the other
#------------------------------------------------------------------------- #####
#$SITE['curCondFrom'] = 'wd'; // if you are using WeatherDisplay AND have set WD correctly
$SITE['curCondFrom'] = 'yahoo'; // if you use Yahoo also for the forecast on the startpage no other forecast
#####$SITE['curCondFrom'] = 'metar'; // default, mostly best choice
You have to remove the comment mark on the line for yahoo and addi  one at the line for metar

Wim