Author Topic: Unable to update to Ambient Weather Dashboard? ''No update'' in upload interval  (Read 3530 times)

Offline Andehh

Hi Guys,

Received my Ambient Weather 1200 (clone of it I think) and have spent all evening setting it up. Unfortunately I have been unable to get the Ambient Weather Dashboard to display the data. I have updated the firmware to 4.3.1.

This is what I bought:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00ZVFZUS6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have a nasty feeling that because it is an ''Ambient Weather clone'' (!?) Ambient weather prevent you from setting the 'Upload Interval' and when you change it from 'no update' to any of the other 1,2,3 mins etc it just changes itself back to 'no update'.

Now, all other options of displaying the data that I have found look to be underwhelming compared to Ambient Weather's so I am extremely gutted as I type this wondering if I have just wasted £120. I based all my research on the Ambient Weather 1200 (Amazon review suggested this)  -which isn't sold in the UK under the Ambient Weather branding-  figuring they were ultimately the same thing.

Can anyone advise or offer any ideas around this? Wunderground just doesn't seem to cut itself for me. :(

Thanks in advance
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 01:20:24 AM by Andehh »

Offline dupreezd

• Forecaster
Might be bad news,

http://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=31956.25#msg325370

Post 45 answered by Ed from Ambient.

Best is to email Ed @ Ambient and get the answer directly from him.
Davis VP2 6163 | WiFi Logger
CWOP - FW0717
Blitzortung 2100

Offline booji

I have the same Aercus Instruments Weathersleuth, which hardware is identical to the Ambient Weather WS-1400-IP. The problem is here in the UK I don't think you can even purchase the Ambient Weather version even if you wanted one. It's a real shame as Ambient Weather seem to have the most up-to-date firmware yet Aecus is still using older firmware which seems to forget my WE setting every month or so.

I would happily pay to use the Ambient Weather firmware.

Offline dupreezd

• Forecaster
I have a "real" Ambient, but yes, I agree it is a shame that Ambient does not allow their clones access to Ambient Weather with all the problems WU experience. Surely those clones are manufactured under license from them.

One option might be to allow the user to choose to which site they want to send data, WU or Ambient.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 11:21:04 AM by dupreezd »
Davis VP2 6163 | WiFi Logger
CWOP - FW0717
Blitzortung 2100

Offline booji

I have looked everywhere and the only found versions from Maplin or Aercus Instruments in the UK. I would have bought the US version if I could. The thing is while Ambient seem to be providing a great service The UK versions have fallen behind. I have the latest UK firmware and it still drops the WU settings every month or so.

Does any one know if Ambient offer the licence for the Aercus UK clone or are they completely separate to each other?

I feel we have become the poor relation the Ambient Weather and don't really have a choice of what version to buy.

« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 12:12:10 PM by booji »

Offline m-a-r-k

You can install the Ambient firmware on your Aercus device. I have.
You may, or may not, be able to upload data to Ambient. I am able to with v2.4.2, but latest firmware versions barred me.
WU ID: ITAIN5
Aercus WeatherRanger - WS-1001 Clone

Offline jaxuk

You may, or may not, be able to upload data to Ambient. I am able to with v2.4.2, but latest firmware versions barred me.

Hey Mark,

Are you still able to use Ambientweather.net ? What firmware are you running now?

Cheers

Offline m-a-r-k

Hey Mark,

Are you still able to use Ambientweather.net ? What firmware are you running now?

Cheers

2.4.2, yes still on and also using Android app.
WU ID: ITAIN5
Aercus WeatherRanger - WS-1001 Clone

Offline jaxuk

Hey Mark,

Cheers

2.4.2, yes still on and also using Android app.

Have you got the .bin file? Could you send it to me?

Cheers

Offline jaxuk

Ahh damn it - mines the ObserverIP so the firmware is different anyway.

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
In this tread and in others I've noticed that some people think that Aercus or Froggit and others are clones of Ambient Weather. That is not really the case. All of these brands including Ambient are clones of Fine Offset. It is Fine Offset that manufacturers them all. So Ambient Weather is just another reseller just like all the other brands. There are a few reasons why Ambient doesn't sell to Europe. Namely the Ambient hardware is built to North American standards with different frequency per FCC requirements (915 MHz). The European resellers likewise use their approved frequency of 433 MHz. Also there may be reseller agreements with Fine Offset and each reseller to protect sales territories. So on several accounts Ambient has no choice but to just sell to North America.

Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

anything