Author Topic: OK, that's the weirdest thing I've seen from WU yet.  (Read 5681 times)

Offline MoradaWx

• Marada, Stockton, CA
  • Senior Contributor
  • I see sunshine. Let me out!
Re: OK, that's the weirdest thing I've seen from WU yet.
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2014, 01:02:28 PM »
Same here, 12 notes from WU between yesterday and a few minutes ago, off/on line, not reporting for more than 2 hours, but only 20 min apart. Also the same notice for a station that is not mine as was stated earlier. how would my e-mail get attached to another station? who knows what they are doing with our info.

Rick :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Rick/Morada, CA
Davis VP2+ wireless w/24Hr fan, Enovoy & Console
VWS 14.01p31,WeatherLink5.9.2,VP live,Virtual VP, StartWatch

Offline DoctorKnow

• Forecaster
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2014, 01:04:00 PM »
I got notice that my actual station was down, and now it is back up?

I also got notice that this http://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KOHDELAW8 station was down out of Ohio.

Offline GregJ

• Forecaster
    • http://www.SkunkBayWeather.com
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2014, 01:05:16 PM »
I just noticed this....  And this is a little scary....  Take a close look at the emails that are not for your station....  Mine say To: BobSmith@gmail.com ... fictitious name.... and yet they are coming to me.... It looks to me like the email address book has been hacked....  I don't like that at all.  Somebody hacked my email address a while ago and I finally had to shut it down when I was getting around 300 phishing emails a day!

So... I think this goes without saying..... Do Not Click On Any Hyperlinks on these emails!!!

Greg
Davis VP2 with VWS

"Everybody talks about the weather, but nobody does anything about it." -- Mark Twain

Offline CNYWeather

• Forecaster
    • CNYWeather
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2014, 01:06:26 PM »
The Weather Underground PWS network has detected that your personal weather station
(ID #IHILVERS6) has not reported to www.wunderground.com for more than 13 hours

THIS IS GOING TO GET OLD REALLY QUICK. Got it for my station now this one.
Tony

Offline DoctorKnow

• Forecaster

Offline Weather Spares

• Forecaster
    • Weather Spares
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2014, 01:08:08 PM »
Have dropped them a line via the contact us form here:

http://help.wunderground.com - right hand column at the top to save anyone hunting it out.
Weather Spares - your one stop shop for complete stations, accessories and spare parts for Davis Instruments, Ecowitt, Oregon Scientific, TFA, Ventus, GARNI and many more - https://www.weatherspares.co.uk/ offering global shipping of products.

Davis Vantage Pro 2 plus 24 hour FARS, Meteobridge NANO SD data logger, Davis AirLink, remote Davis anemometer rooftop mounted.
Location 95m altitude, West of Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, UK.

Offline Fraoch

« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2014, 01:09:08 PM »
Just got two e-mails saying mine was offline, then another saying it was back online...

Offline Cutty Sark Sailor

• WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
    • Frankfort Weather - TwinHollies WeatherCenter
« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2014, 01:16:46 PM »
So, How the hell do you simply cancel your account at this dang place?  I've had enough....  Please don't tell me to email support... we all know we can forget that...

Offline Phipps

« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2014, 01:18:22 PM »
My brother and I have been receiving the same messages. Some for our own station and some for a station that isn't ours.

Offline Ray Proudfoot

• Forecaster
    • Cheadle Hulme Weather
« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2014, 01:26:19 PM »
I had a couple this morning saying they weren't receiving my data followed soon after saying service had resumed. I checked and there had been no break in my uploads.

Just had another now saying no data has been received for over 7 hours. Incorrect. Data flows have been continuous today.

I have also had emails for stations that weren't mine.

They clearly have a problem.

Offline dj1111s

• Weather obsessed
  • Forecaster
  • The "d" cloud.
« Reply #35 on: October 10, 2014, 01:37:38 PM »
LOL my station in the Netherlands is reporting again.  I was starting to worry about it.  :roll:
Vantage Pro2 Plus W/FARS, wireless anemometer, bucket heater with temperature sensor. Envoy, VP2 and Vue consoles. Meteobridge. Weatherlink Live. AirLink. Soil and leaf station. Attic temp and humidity.
Trained Storm Spotter
Member CoCoRaHS
You will never find me on Facebook or Twitter or any other social media!!!

Offline cospringswx

• Forecaster
    • Colorado Springs Weather
« Reply #36 on: October 10, 2014, 02:36:52 PM »
Just got 4 more emails about not reporting but it's reporting fine. Getting old quick.

Ryan 

Colorado Springs, CO
www.cospringsweather.com
Davis Vantage Vue
Weather Display Software
Amcrest HD IP Camera

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
    • Valentine Nebraska's Real-Time Weather
« Reply #37 on: October 10, 2014, 02:42:32 PM »
I'm feeling left out , got the 3 asking me to be a TV weatherman and nothing else.  :sad:
Randy

Offline iomkiwi

• Kerikeri Weather Station
« Reply #38 on: October 10, 2014, 02:49:28 PM »
Seems I have inherited another 3 weather stations overnight :D

(not sure if they have given mine to someone else though)

Offline Josiah

• Add-InWx Software Author
  • Forecaster
    • Add-InWx
« Reply #39 on: October 10, 2014, 03:43:43 PM »
I got an email one at 12:49 pm saying that my station (ID #KVAAXTON3) had quit sending. Then I got one at 12:53 pm Congratulating me that "Your personal weather station (ID #IRHNEALP38) is back online!".
Then at 12:59 pm I got another telling me that my station (ID #KVAAXTON3) was back online.

KVAAXTON3 is my station, but it didn't fail to upload data... And I guess I've got a new station located in "Bron, RHoNE-ALPES".

Here's a link to the problem discussion on WUnderground.
http://help.wunderground.com/forums/176918-personal-weather-stations/suggestions/6545990-station-reporting-status-emails

Offline Fraoch

« Reply #40 on: October 10, 2014, 04:51:04 PM »
WU now says:

Quote from: Weather Underground
Thanks for reporting this to us. This was due to an email server malfunction and was not a security breach or a hacking attempt. Your PWS data has not been affected.
The erroneous emails should have stopped now.

Offline gwwilk

• Southeast Lincoln Weather
  • Forecaster
    • SouthEast Lincoln, NE Weather
« Reply #41 on: October 10, 2014, 10:53:06 PM »
I also received notification this morning about my PWS not sending data, along with, of course, notification about someone else's station in California.  When I checked the link it appeared to be related not to my primary station, KLINC05, but my old and long-since discarded Acu-wrong station, KLINC47.  Shortly after I updated the status of the inactive station indicating that it had been retired but not deleted due to WU policies, I received notification that my primary, and only, station was back on line.

Upon receiving the original 'inactive' notice I immediately checked my old, old Cisco DSL modem by which it connects along with its dedicated router either of which can at times crash.  I was surprised that both were functioning normally and data was uploading to WU just fine, as a check of KLINC05 on WU confirmed.

My guess is that they're trying to at last clean up some of the dormant stations on their books, but also producing a few troublesome side-effects.
Regards, Jerry Wilkins
gwwilk@gmail.com

Offline AL Estep

« Reply #42 on: October 11, 2014, 01:00:27 AM »
I also have gotten bogus your station is down emails from Wunderground. Reading the emails here I can only come to the conclusion that they have been hacked and this is a data breech. Thus until I hear from someone in their management chain, they can take and sit on ever getting more date from my weather station.

So where is their management, they are no where non-existent and not out in front of this problem.
Al Estep
Davis Vantage PRO2 wireless
Firefox browser 102.0.1
VWS  version 14.01.P45
Elevation 7483 ft
KCOBLACK2

Offline gluepack

• Contributor
    • Jerbils' Weather Site
« Reply #43 on: October 11, 2014, 05:28:08 AM »
As per Fraoch's post, all seems fine now. I got the same confirmtion email from them at 03:02.

anything