Author Topic: Just noticed a tab on WU page  (Read 1000 times)

Offline SlowModem

• Weather at the speed of dialup!
  • Forecaster
  • WX @ 26.4 kbs
    • Watts Bar Weather
Just noticed a tab on WU page
« on: February 22, 2014, 06:53:09 PM »
weather, maps, severe weather, photos.........climate chagne.  Huh?

Here's a sample of what's under that tab:

http://www.wunderground.com/news/thailands-temple-dawn-closed-climate-change-photos-20130930

(I wonder if DanS knows about this?)   :-k
Greg Whitehead
Ten Mile, TN USA

Offline Dr Obbins

• Forecaster
Re: Just noticed a tab on WU page
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2014, 03:22:48 AM »
Well here is the past 100+ year temp trend from BG, KY and the projected future temps. I know that this is just one station world wide, but looking at this, the past evidence does not support their future predictions. :-k
So how does this chart look in your neck of the woods?

Offline gwwilk

• Southeast Lincoln Weather
  • Forecaster
    • SouthEast Lincoln, NE Weather
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2014, 08:29:44 AM »
It's appalling that WU jumps on this as an example of climate change.  The accelerated cycle of maintenance would seem to be due to the rapidly increasing air pollution in SE Asia, not any climactic change.  The one-trick pony rides again, or when all you have is a hammer everything looks like a nail.
Regards, Jerry Wilkins
gwwilk@gmail.com

Offline DanS

• Chiang Mai weather
  • Forecaster
    • ThaiWx
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2014, 09:03:19 AM »
It's appalling that WU jumps on this as an example of climate change.  The accelerated cycle of maintenance would seem to be due to the rapidly increasing air pollution in SE Asia, not any climactic change.  The one-trick pony rides again, or when all you have is a hammer everything looks like a nail.

I'm surprised that maintenance isn't required more often on building structures around Bangkok. The air is not healthy around there. The crap in the air settles in the ponds and lakes making the water in them acidic. A friend of mine and I were racing RC boats in a lake in Bangkok when his boat capsized. When we got it back out of the water (less than 30 mins) we found all the electronics and anything metal in it already corroding. I thought living near a beach with salt air was bad on metal but not like this.

Offline blizzardof78

• Forecaster
    • Ohio Weather
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2014, 04:47:07 PM »
Since WU is now owned by TWC and if they keep this BS up about "Climate Change" I will pull both of my stations and find a way to get the data on the net other than the Climate change / Fear Mongers site.

Don in Ohio

anything