Author Topic: GW1000 + WeeWx / Weather34, etc.  (Read 1552 times)

Offline isuee94

GW1000 + WeeWx / Weather34, etc.
« on: May 15, 2019, 01:41:17 PM »
Would I be correct in stating that until Ecowitt opens up the API for the GW1000, it will not be possible to 'extract' the data to something like WeeWx / Weather34, etc. without using a Meteobridge?

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
Re: GW1000 + WeeWx / Weather34, etc.
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2019, 10:09:51 PM »
Yes and no. WeeWx can extract data from the GW1000 just like it can with other Fine Offset clone consoles, by using the Interceptor driver. But if you want to use the new API that for now is exclusive to the GW1000, then yes the API is not yet released. Only Meteobridge can do this for now. Even when the API gets released you'll need to wait till someone writes a WeeWx driver for it.

But if you want to run Weather-Display, then you can feed it data from the Meteobridge that got it from the GW1000.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 10:11:59 PM by galfert »
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

Offline weather34

• Forecaster
    • https://weather34.com/homeweatherstation
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2019, 01:55:45 AM »
there is a dedicated weather34 version maintained by a weewx user you can find it here it is built on the same framework as the meteobridge version,it is regularly updated based on meteobridge version updates and releases

maintained by Ian Millard https://github.com/steepleian/WX-HWS

dont confuse this version with other offerings by the work done by wim .the wim versions are nothing todo with weather34 those versions are based on wim,s code and style it has been requested he renames template to something more relative to his name or something  to not cause any confusion .he has done a considerable amount of work in a very short time but it no longer is anything related to weather34

with the versions based on weather34 i would recommend to use the weewx version https://github.com/steepleian/WX-HWS

the weather34 labelled versions are available for meteobridge,cumulus,weeewx,atmocom there are no weather34 labelled versions for weather display software anymore.

it wont happen till December at the earliest but weather34 versions will have a complete new design and larger dashboard with more optional modules to suit use with mobile devices upto to smart tv .every module can be selected select what you would like to show in that position or disable the position so you could have anything from 2 modules to 24 showing depends on what paricular hardware you have and its capabilities. the long term aim is to define extra sensors by meteobridge string i.e #sensor1 #sensor2 and so on i already use this feature but until next year  it is unlikely i can do anything but lightmaster on this forum has the knowledge to implement and for extra sensors display it would be good to liase with him in the meantime.

i see a big push in air quality and and additional sensors becoming more used every week and if meteobridge supports it the likelihood weewx version will have the same capabilities.

every module will be optional 24 in total

it will look like this prototype which is quietly running hidden away .it scales the grid layout according to your device screen resolution.as always emphasis will be on design and appearance cobbled with lots of extra data

ps galfert from other thread a decent webcam upload script would eradicate 20gb limit dont see the point in uploading 1mb images at short intervals .i use the business plan ..as i said disposable income some have it some dont..

Offline steepleian

• The Claydons Community Weather
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2019, 04:11:46 PM »
there is a dedicated weather34 version maintained by a weewx user you can find it here it is built on the same framework as the meteobridge version,it is regularly updated based on meteobridge version updates and releases

maintained by Ian Millard https://github.com/steepleian/WX-HWS

dont confuse this version with other offerings by the work done by wim .the wim versions are nothing todo with weather34 those versions are based on wim,s code and style it has been requested he renames template to something more relative to his name or something  to not cause any confusion .he has done a considerable amount of work in a very short time but it no longer is anything related to weather34

with the versions based on weather34 i would recommend to use the weewx version https://github.com/steepleian/WX-HWS

the weather34 labelled versions are available for meteobridge,cumulus,weeewx,atmocom there are no weather34 labelled versions for weather display software anymore.

Just to expand on your comments Brian, for the benefit of others.

WeeWX performs exactly the same task as Meteobridge. With the combination of live data and the WeeWX database, it is possible to mimic the Meteobridge API. Any weather station hardware (and there are a great number) that can be used with WeeWX can use the WeeWX version of the template. This is achieved by using the WeeWX CRT extension for live data and .tmpl files to extract archive data from the WeeWX database, bringing everything together with a lookup table.

The aim is to be as true as possible to the current design of the original MB version, both from performance and visual perspectives. In essence WX-HWS  is the MB version with a little bit of extra code to make it work with WeeWX 

I also maintain a beta version which I use to run my own live website (https://claydonsweather.org.uk) and to update the 'current version for WeeWX' at regular intervals. The current version repository is at https://github.com/steepleian/WX-HWS.

I myself am using various Ecowitt clones of the new generation of Fine Offset modules in conjunction with SDR dongles to recieve the radio transmissions of live data directly into WeeWX. In my opinion, SDR is the way to go. It requires a little bit of effort to set it up but is absolutely rock solid, with the ability to connect with numerous sensors. In summary no bridges or consoles required and WeeWX/weather34 template do the rest. A fantastic template design with a great piece of open source weather station software, a match made in heaven!

Also checkout https://github.com/ktrue/CU-HWS which is the Cumulus version which can also be used with WeatherCAT, WeeWX and also easily adapted for use with the new Atmocom data logger/bridge device.

Ian

Offline Mandrake

• Forecaster
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2019, 09:24:28 AM »
I am interested in what is being done here.
I am coming from a place where I have an old Fine Offset clone feeding USB data to a Raspberry Pi running Cumulus MX.
However now I have a modern HP2551 station and a set of additional sensors which only sends data to online sources I would like to look at options to do something similar to keep my new weather station data locally.

I presume Weewx is the capture software/database and it appears this can run on a Pi and Weather34 can also run on the PI and generates the pretty front end.

What I would like to know is it likely that someone will tweak the WeeWx software to use the Ecowitt GW-1000 API when its released to easily read in the data? I could go down the SDR route but that seems a faff when I already have the GW-1000 and is a foolproof way to get the data strings?

Sorry for the questions but I am trying to think through my next winter project!
G1ZFO

Ecowitt HP2551A + WH65 Tri-Wing (Wunderground: IGUILDFO67)
Ecowitt GW1000 (Wunderground: IGUILDFO68)
Ecowitt GW1000 (Mk2) test environment driving CumulusMX on a RPi 3b
Ecowitt GW2000 (Test)
Ecowitt WS90 Wittboy - Test
Ecowitt WH51 (x6) Soil Moisture Sensor
Ecowitt WH41 PM2.5 AQM Sensor
Ecowitt WH31 (x8) Thermo/Hygro Sensor
Ecowitt WS80 Ultrasonic Anemometer (pre-prod test)
Ecowitt WH57 Lightning Sensor -test
Ecowitt WH32-EP (SHT35) + Davis 7714 Screen
Ecowitt WH45 CO2/PM2.5/PM10 -Test
Ecowitt WN34 Soil Temp Sensor -Test
Ecowitt WN34 Water Temp Sensor -Test
Ecowitt WN35 Leaf Moisture

Offline Eric971

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2020, 10:47:33 AM »
Hi every body, I need your help !.

I am a very very rookie britanny french goat shepherd. I've got my first raspeberry pi 4 10 days ago. Today I've managed to install weex with setup.py method and  to upload weather datas to Windy, Winguru, Awekas & others easily. I've managed to upload the french standard report to my website. It was more difficult, but it works now : http://www.chevrerie-du-cap.com/meteo/

Now, I would like to upload weather34 to this website but it doesn't work, and I don't understand why : "403 Forbidden  You don't have permission to access /weather34/ on this server."

It may be a question with permissions that I don't have understand the principle. For instance the link "localhost/weewx" had never work. "localhost.apache2" works, "localhost/phpadmin" works, but that's all.

Many thanks to you to light my mind.

Excuse my french english language

anything