Author Topic: Thinking of getting the 3 N 1 soon  (Read 2077 times)

Offline Skywatch

• !!Warning!! I'm a Skywarn certified storm spotter and insane like one!
  • Forecaster
  • Hakuna Matata (Timon and Pumba)
Thinking of getting the 3 N 1 soon
« on: July 31, 2012, 07:27:51 PM »
I've spent a while thinking about this. I want to get a 3 N 1 to replace a failed Lacrosse WS1910U-IT Lacrosse is garbage. Anyway, With an upcoming cruise and a few other expences it maybe a while. But if I get the 3 N 1 I would like to add the Acu Link for logging of the data. The 3 N 1 will be installed mid way on the tower to measure lower level winds. I'd love to track wind speeds at different levels.

So my question, Who sells Aculink? I'm getting the station at Wal*mart. To my knowledge they don't carry Aculink at least not yet.
I live in an apartment and for the moment am not a home weather watcher.

I am a storm chaser.

Offline vreihen

• El Niņo chaser
  • Forecaster
  • K2BIG
Re: Thinking of getting the 3 N 1 soon
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2012, 07:49:49 PM »
Welcome to the AcuRite Internet Bridge waiting game.  ](*,) Take a number, please.

http://www.acurite.com/weather/parts/acu-link-internet-bridge-for-acurite-weather-sensors-ethernet-09150trx.html

You can buy a replacement 3-in-1 sensor for $18 on AcuRite's web site, but without the bridge it won't be useful for collecting data.  You may also want to check on the limitations of the bridge with third-party software, because the first iteration of the unit had zero support for anything but uploading to AcuRite's own MyBackyard Weather web site.  There is support for Weather Display on the 5-in-1 consoles with USB links, but I believe that it only supports one outdoor sensor unit through the consoles.....
WU Gold Stars for everyone! :lol:

Offline Skywatch

• !!Warning!! I'm a Skywarn certified storm spotter and insane like one!
  • Forecaster
  • Hakuna Matata (Timon and Pumba)
Re: Thinking of getting the 3 N 1 soon
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2012, 12:45:47 AM »
Welcome to the AcuRite Internet Bridge waiting game.  ](*,) Take a number, please.

http://www.acurite.com/weather/parts/acu-link-internet-bridge-for-acurite-weather-sensors-ethernet-09150trx.html

You can buy a replacement 3-in-1 sensor for $18 on AcuRite's web site, but without the bridge it won't be useful for collecting data.  You may also want to check on the limitations of the bridge with third-party software, because the first iteration of the unit had zero support for anything but uploading to AcuRite's own MyBackyard Weather web site.  There is support for Weather Display on the 5-in-1 consoles with USB links, but I believe that it only supports one outdoor sensor unit through the consoles.....

Wish I could run the 3 N 1 with my VP2 on Weather Display. Plot the VP2 wind (25Ft) and 3 N 1 wind (15Ft). Always liked to compair wind speeds at different levels.
I live in an apartment and for the moment am not a home weather watcher.

I am a storm chaser.

anything