Author Topic: A Quick "Shout Out" ......  (Read 1425 times)

Offline GregJ

• Forecaster
    • http://www.SkunkBayWeather.com
A Quick "Shout Out" ......
« on: May 27, 2013, 12:03:37 PM »
I have been using Sebectec software with my webcams for a few years now.  Over that time, I have had some issues as well as “ideas” for additional features.  Mike has come through with virtually every one of my “ideas”…. And in many cases, it was already in the software.  He has also developed around some of my “ideas” as well.

I am running two cams on pan/tilts.  When Mt. Baker magically appears out of the "PacificNorthWet" gray  8-), I point and zoom in on it.  Then when the gray returns, I bring Cam 2 back into alignment with Cam 1.  My target is 8 miles away and this is a water view.  Funny thing about water… It’s always level and my cams aren’t  :oops: ……   Plus a shoreline target 8 miles away requires accuracy .014 degrees to adjust 10 feet vertical, which is quite visible when aligning the image.  To get my pan/tilts to hit that mark is similar to the odds of winning the lottery.  :roll:  I have spent HOURS aligning those images.

In his latest version he added the feature to micro adjust the rotation of the image…. Ah Hah!… Now I have level water…. \:D/  So I emailed him and shared the idea to have just a vertical plane adjustment… He got back to me right away….. It was already in the software and I hadn’t seen it. #-o  Now I can adjust to the pixel, which is probably a 5 foot target adjustment.  Now I can point to Mt. Baker and come right back to an aligned image with Cam 1 to create a “panorama” in a matter of minutes…. Boy do I appreciate this. 

I just wanted to put out a public appreciation of all the features that Mike has thought of in his Sebectec. 

Greg

Davis VP2 with VWS

"Everybody talks about the weather, but nobody does anything about it." -- Mark Twain

Offline gt651

• mnlakecams.com
Re: A Quick "Shout Out" ......
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2013, 10:48:57 PM »
Yep I've had a similar experience with Sebectec software.  Mike's products work as advertised and he provides excellent support.

Offline sebeclake

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2013, 07:36:32 PM »
Thanks Greg.  I can hear your shout all the way over here on the East Coast  :-)

I have also made some updates to the IP cam software.  It will put your weather string on the image or read XML from wunderground given a station ID.  Also added micro-adjust rotation to that program.  I don't like to see the horizon off level when the camera is 50ft up a tower...  See sebectec.com/ipcam

-Mike

Offline saratogaWX

• Administrator
  • Forecaster
  • Saratoga, CA, USA Weather - free PHP scripts
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2013, 03:20:16 PM »
Wow, that is a nice webcam software .. I tried it and purchased.  I'll be replacing ImageSalsa with this :)

Best regards,
Ken
Ken True/Saratoga, CA, USA main site: saratoga-weather.org
Davis VP1+ FARS, Blitzortung RED, GRLevel3, WD, WL, VWS, Cumulus, Meteobridge
Free weather PHP scripts/website templates - update notifications on Twitter saratogaWXPHP

Offline GregJ

• Forecaster
    • http://www.SkunkBayWeather.com
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2013, 09:12:49 PM »
FWIW, I am running 5 different instances of Sebectec.  I run 2 cams from my personal system with the SP500 version.  I am running cams at 3 of our stores using the IP version www.CentralMarketWeather.com  The store cams have been running for about a year and a half now..... 100% solid.  Not a single crash or lockup.  Incredibly simple to configure and maintain.  The only issues I have had with the company cams have been inflicted by our IT staff...  :oops: or employees doing things like unplugging the power supply to the cam or moving the ethernet cable to another port on the distribution rack....  :-x 

Greg
Davis VP2 with VWS

"Everybody talks about the weather, but nobody does anything about it." -- Mark Twain

anything