Author Topic: I think I screwed up  (Read 2859 times)

Offline ggsteve

• Forecaster
I think I screwed up
« on: May 06, 2017, 12:02:57 PM »
I finally got my Storm and recently moved my Sky2 and set it up with the Storm.  Disregarding some ongoing connection issues with my Comcast router, I attempted to sign up my Bloomsky with Weather Underground.  Now, when the Bloomsky is working, I'm getting anomalies in my Weather Underground graphs.  My main station is my Rainwise Mk III.  I added the Bloomsky to the same station ID on my WU account (KMATOWNS08).  The Bloomsky causes spikes in the WU graphs when it is connected.  Should I have created a separate account for the Bloomsky?  I did not see an option to do that.  I don't know how to get the camera to show on WU either, but one thing at a time.  Help.

Offline SpringHillWeather

• Weather Hobbyist
  • Forecaster
  • Spring Hill, Florida
    • Spring Hill
Re: I think I screwed up
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2017, 12:12:08 PM »
Hello,
The Bloomsky needs it's own WU station ID.

That's probably why your getting strange data.

Saratoga
HomeWeatherStation
Meteotemplate
Homebrew
Ambient 1001 | ObserverIP | Meteobridge | MeteoPlug

Offline ggsteve

• Forecaster
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2017, 12:17:55 PM »
Thanks for the reply.  I was able to find the screen on WU to delete the device, so I hope that stops the erroneous data.  Now to add a a new station ID.  How do I do that?  How can I add a second station ID to my current account or do I just enter a whole new account?  I tried using my email address to do that and  couldn't because my email is associated with my current account.

• Weather Hobbyist
  • Forecaster
  • Spring Hill, Florida
    • Spring Hill
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2017, 12:33:06 PM »
To add another station in WU you login to your account and go to >Profile>MyWeatherStations>on bottom is button to ADD new Station.

https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/mypws

Saratoga
HomeWeatherStation
Meteotemplate
Homebrew

• Weather Hobbyist
  • Forecaster
  • Spring Hill, Florida
    • Spring Hill
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2017, 12:35:05 PM »
I found this link which can create the WU for you, its been a while...

http://help.wunderground.com/knowledgebase/articles/838119-how-do-i-link-my-bloomsky-station-with-weather-und

How do I link my BloomSky station with Weather Underground?
← Personal Weather Stations
BloomSky has created a Weather Underground setup page where you can link your BloomSky device with your Weather Underground account. After logging into your BloomSky account on the page below, you can enter your Weather Underground station ID, webcam ID and Weather Underground password to share your data with Weather Underground. If you have just recently created your webcam ID, wait a day before entering it into the BloomSky setup page.

http://wun.bloomsky.com/

If you have not yet registered your station on Weather Underground, you can go through the following steps to obtain your station ID here and your webcam ID here.  (Follow the directions for the FTP setup for the webcam).

If you have additional questions, please email support@wunderground.com.

Saratoga
HomeWeatherStation
Meteotemplate
Homebrew

Offline ggsteve

• Forecaster
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2017, 01:43:24 PM »
Thanks guys.  So far I have freed up my Rainwise station, created a new station for the Bloomsky (KMAWESTT7) and the Bloomsky has obliged by sending data!  You guys are the best.  On to the webcam.  I have no idea how to configure the Bloomsky camera.  How would I find out what it's address is?  Any other idiosyncrasies?

• Weather Hobbyist
  • Forecaster
  • Spring Hill, Florida
    • Spring Hill
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2017, 02:36:43 PM »
Saratoga
HomeWeatherStation
Meteotemplate
Homebrew

Offline waysta

• Contributor
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2017, 10:12:50 AM »
I found this link regarding Rainwise which may help.

https://www.wunderground.com/blog/waysta/added-my-bloom-sky-pws-page-image-to-my-main-rainwise-pws-page

The WU blogs seem to be gone now (I think there was a thread here on the demise of some WU features including blogs), fortunately Wayback Machine still has it.  This solution is still working.  I lost interest in Bloomsky Wx sensor data quality some time ago, however as a "square" all sky camera, I find it very useful, both for amateur Wx observations, as well as to better understand the performance of my solar array (many interesting ways to graph the enphase micro-inverter data where a micro-inverter reports from behind each solar panel, but sometimes a sky picture  is an easy way to see what is happening, such as a passing cloud, cirrus clouds, or a haze condition).  Recently, there was a "positive" but critical review of the Bloomsky camera on This Old House (PBS network), where something like, Or you could just look out the window, was said.  At least in my experience, I think the 360 degree "all sky view" is very different from looking out a window, even if just a square.

https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KNYWHITE25
https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KNYWHITE24
https://map.bloomsky.com/weather-stations/gqBxp6apnJSnrJ6l

Here is the old blog post from the Wayback Machine: Added my Bloom Sky PWS Page Image to my Main RainWise PWS page
By: waysta , 8:42 PM GMT on February 01, 2016

My main wx station is a RainWise AgroMet PWS KNYWHITE24. I added a Bloom Sky PWS KNYWHITE25 after seeing it on the list of WU approved wx stations.

The Bloom Sky PWS is more than just a sky webcam. It also reports temperature, barometric pressure, humidity and UV radiation. So, it gets its own PWS page with data graphs. Once my Bloom Sky station was running, I was thinking it would be nice to have that same webcam sky image on my main RainWise page too.

However, each webcam at present can only be used on one WU PWS page.

The solution!

I noticed that after WU receives each 5 minute image from Bloom Sky by ftp, the image gets saved to a WU RAM disk file.

I made another new webcam as a URL webcam using the WU RAM disk URL. You can find the WU RAM disk URL by right clicking on the WU PWS Bloom Sky page (or where ever on WU you used the Bloom Sky ftp image as a WU ftp webcam).

Make a new webcam pointing the the WU URL, then simply associate that new URL webcam with a second WU station!

Here is my Bloom Sky PWS KNYWHITE25

My WU RAM disk URL

and now my RainWise main PWS station KNYWHITE24 with the "same" Bloom Sky image!
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 10:37:32 AM by waysta »

anything