Author Topic: UVI on WMR200  (Read 2868 times)

Offline Jan-Ove

• Magra Väderstation
UVI on WMR200
« on: October 20, 2008, 02:13:00 AM »
Hi! Is there anybody who have trouble whit the UV-sensor on WMR200. It wont work, on the inside panel there is no registration at all even if the sun is shining from a blue sky.

Offline killwilly

• Forecaster
Re: UVI on WMR200
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2008, 03:35:16 AM »
Hi! Is there anybody who have trouble whit the UV-sensor on WMR200. It wont work, on the inside panel there is no registration at all even if the sun is shining from a blue sky.

Jan.

I had a problem with my first UVN800 sensor. The problem was the small "set" button on the base didn't work. I returned it to the supplier, who replaced it. The new one is fine.

One other thing to remember is that the sensor only transmits every 73 seconds. I also found that it gives a more accurate reading if it is tilted slightly to face south, rather than vertical as suggested in the manual.

Alan
Alan

Offline wello

• Welloweather
  • Senior Contributor
  • Welloweather
    • Welloweather
Re: UVI on WMR200
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2008, 10:34:33 AM »
Are you sure the sensor is in range of the console? The instructions also tell you to "aim" the sensor towards the console.

I agree with killwilly, angling the sensor towards the sun does seem to get a better reading (only being in the southern hemisphere, I angle mine North).
Peter
www.welloweather.info
OS WMR-200 with V14.01 P22 on Windows Vista