Author Topic: Can a weather station actually be accurate without a fan?  (Read 15221 times)

Offline Skywatch

• !!Warning!! I'm a Skywarn certified storm spotter and insane like one!
  • Forecaster
  • Hakuna Matata (Timon and Pumba)
Re: Can a weather station actually be accurate without a fan?
« Reply #50 on: November 09, 2014, 06:24:24 PM »
I love this forum but there are serious issues here. I feel compelled to share my viewpoint, I have many hobbies and interests with their own forums. This is one the only forums I've ever been on with so much drama and animosity. Absolutely pitiful. Sound like a bunch of politicians.

In my opinion weather watching is supposed to be the fun and fulfilling hobby. Ken created this forum for weather watchers to come together and connect. However the vibe I have about this forum is a bit snobbish. I truly feel some members have a false sense of superiority. That shows in the way some members talk to others. I personally believe nobody here is better or worse than anyone else as we're all here for the same purpose of learning and sharing knowledge.

I myself will admit I'm far from a WX genius. On many occasions I've been replied to with what seems like condescension. Nobody wants to be talked down to or bashed for any misinformation.

I'm not sure if Doctorknow is right or wrong but I'm appalled by the attitudes of Nincehelser and Cutty Sark Sailor. Misrepresenting this forum. If I were a newbie and saw that I'd stay away.

I'm not trying to wage peace on this forum as I'd only be wasting my time but hopefully some on here will be decent human beings and treat others respectfully.

I live in an apartment and for the moment am not a home weather watcher.

I am a storm chaser.

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
« Reply #51 on: November 09, 2014, 06:51:22 PM »

I'm not sure if Doctorknow is right or wrong but I'm appalled by the attitudes of Nincehelser and Cutty Sark Sailor. Misrepresenting this forum. If I were a newbie and saw that I'd stay away.

I'm sorry you feel that way, but DoctorKnow continually makes brazen and incorrect claims.  That needs to stop.

I've tried to point out the problems and tactfully as possible, but even referring him to datasheets will set him off whining about how persecuted he is.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 06:54:10 PM by nincehelser »

Offline saratogaWX

• Administrator
  • Forecaster
  • Saratoga, CA, USA Weather - free PHP scripts
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
« Reply #52 on: November 09, 2014, 06:57:35 PM »
However, there's a 'good' way to mitigate what you find as incorrect claims.. respond with facts, and not personal aspersions.

The word 'brazen' in your post above is such an aspersion.

Be aware that both you (nincehelser) and DoctorKnow are now being shown the 'Yellow Card' for conduct unbecoming. 

Lose the personal attacks in your posts. They are never welcome on this forum (or in real life).
Ken True/Saratoga, CA, USA main site: saratoga-weather.org
Davis VP1+ FARS, Blitzortung RED, GRLevel3, WD, WL, VWS, Cumulus, Meteobridge
Free weather PHP scripts/website templates - update notifications on Twitter saratogaWXPHP

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
« Reply #53 on: November 09, 2014, 07:00:37 PM »
However, there's a 'good' way to mitigate what you find as incorrect claims.. respond with facts, and not personal aspersions.

The word 'brazen' in your post above is such an aspersion.

Be aware that both you (nincehelser) and DoctorKnow are now being shown the 'Yellow Card' for conduct unbecoming. 

Lose the personal attacks in your posts. They are never welcome on this forum (or in real life).

Understood, but it's accurate.

I believe I sent you information about the problem a long time ago.  If you don't know what I'm talking about, please PM me.

Offline ggsteve

• Forecaster
« Reply #54 on: November 09, 2014, 07:08:10 PM »
I love this forum but there are serious issues here. I feel compelled to share my viewpoint, I have many hobbies and interests with their own forums. This is one the only forums I've ever been on with so much drama and animosity. Absolutely pitiful. Sound like a bunch of politicians.

In my opinion weather watching is supposed to be the fun and fulfilling hobby. Ken created this forum for weather watchers to come together and connect. However the vibe I have about this forum is a bit snobbish. I truly feel some members have a false sense of superiority. That shows in the way some members talk to others. I personally believe nobody here is better or worse than anyone else as we're all here for the same purpose of learning and sharing knowledge.

I myself will admit I'm far from a WX genius. On many occasions I've been replied to with what seems like condescension. Nobody wants to be talked down to or bashed for any misinformation.

I'm not trying to wage peace on this forum as I'd only be wasting my time but hopefully some on here will be decent human beings and treat others respectfully.

Well said.  Mods, please don't think I'm trying to tell anyone how to perform your function.  Moderator is the very definition of a thankless job.  You guys clearly have tremendous patience.  On other forums I am a member of this type of nonsense would be dealt with much more harshly.  One warning from a mod and if the attitude didn't improve the offender would be sneaking back on with a new pseudo-identity.

Online DoctorKnow

• Forecaster
« Reply #55 on: November 09, 2014, 07:09:17 PM »
When someone asks questions, if I want to respond, I should be able to do that without being singled out about past events that didn't go some third parties way. I am not intimidated by fancy around about name calling. I have not called upon a moderator because I am more than able to stand up for myself, but I do appreciate those who are against the rude tones.

I wish as much effort had been spent on the original posters discussion as what has been spent on the drama of painting and stack effect being anti math and science.

Offline cospringswx

• Forecaster
    • Colorado Springs Weather
« Reply #56 on: November 09, 2014, 07:12:42 PM »

Ryan 

Colorado Springs, CO
www.cospringsweather.com
Davis Vantage Vue
Weather Display Software
Amcrest HD IP Camera

Offline capeweather

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
    • http://www.capeweather.com
« Reply #57 on: November 09, 2014, 07:33:18 PM »
I learned a long time ago to post only when i was smiling. If i was cursing or pissed off about something it always followed with trouble. When in doubt, rethink and preview what you type. Its easy. If somebody cant figure out how to respect others then maybe some accounts need to be removed. This thread i just read is embarrassing to this forum.

Chris
Cape Coral, Florida

Offline SLOweather

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
    • Weatherelement Moline IL
« Reply #58 on: November 10, 2014, 12:15:07 PM »
I see Ken and the other Chris have weighed in already. Now I'm going to do my part and lock this thread. I'm tired of 2 members that can't seem to leave each other alone. I'm also tired of the (justified) complaints. It's not getting better, so it's getting locked.

And I STRONGLY recommend that nincehelser and DoctorKnow just ignore each other in other threads if they wish to continue being members of WxForum. It takes a lot to reach my limit around here...

And I apologize to the OP on behalf of the other admins and members-in-good-standing for the way this thread went off the rails.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 12:16:59 PM by SLOweather »