Author Topic: Two stations, one account: Reporting to Weather Underground  (Read 693 times)

Offline Glenn

• Forecaster
Two stations, one account: Reporting to Weather Underground
« on: August 24, 2017, 01:33:14 PM »
I found out last night that you can't have two stations reporting out to WU under the same Acurite account. You have to set up a separate Acurite account and then send that data to WU. If you want to see both stations under your My Acurite account, you have to "share" the second account with the first. It seems like a somewhat backwards was of doing things. Based on what I read, you used to be able to send multiple stations to WU from one account. Maybe it's something they'll fix in the future.
Acurite 5 in 1 Pro+
Southern VT
Connecticut

Offline Bashy

• brecklandweather.com/meteo
  • Forecaster
  • brecklandweather.com/index.php
    • Breckland Weather
Re: Two stations, one account: Reporting to Weather Underground
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2017, 01:40:31 AM »
It wouldnt make sens having to report to the sating account, there is no way both stations will 100% mirror each other
the data will not be the same even if my a small margin, I have 2 stations Davis and OS, when i forgot to turn off my
CWOP for the OS when i started sending Davis data, you could clearly see on the graphs that something was wrong, the
lines looked like the Himalayas

Here is a good example, on the link below is my station in blue and the Met Office station in pink, something is wrong some
where with the baro data and no matter how many times i converse with UKMO, they say its down to CWOP but it looks like
its getting SL and ASL pressure, its just an example mind but its out my baro and my temp scales looked when i was sending
from both stations

http://weather.gladstonefamily.net/qchart/E9093?date=20170825&addnl=EGYM&Add+to+charts=Add+to+charts&.cgifields=addnl
Kind regards
Bashy

Offline Glenn

• Forecaster
Re: Two stations, one account: Reporting to Weather Underground
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2017, 08:00:05 AM »
I have two stations in two different states; one at the main house, one 125 miles north at the weekend place. I was hoping I would have liked both stations reporting out to WU from one Acurite account. Unfortunately, that's not possible. The work around is to create another account for the second station.
Acurite 5 in 1 Pro+
Southern VT
Connecticut