Author Topic: AJAX tags  (Read 666 times)

Offline DaculaWeather

• WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
    • North Georgia Weather
AJAX tags
« on: February 24, 2017, 10:57:24 AM »
I know I remember seeing a list of AJAX tags, but it's been years since I've looked and those I remember were from VWS, but now I am trying to find a list of codes for use with WD. I've been reverse engineering tags from a custom dashboard and applying those to my site, but it's pretty time consuming going back and forth between my page and the custom dash page. I've noticed that some of the VWS AJAX codes differ from the WD codes and a list would be a great resource for me to look at. :-)

Offline saratogaWX

• Administrator
  • Forecaster
  • Saratoga, CA, USA Weather - free PHP scripts
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
Re: AJAX tags
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2017, 11:27:41 AM »
Hi Steve,
I'm not sure what you mean by 'AJAX tags'.  If you mean the layout/contents of the VWS WeatherFlash wflash.txt/wflash2.txt realtime files v.s. the WD clientraw.txt files, then you can use the template's ajaxVWSwxf.js and ajaxWDwx.js JavaScript files which show how both update the the <span class="ajax" id="ajax...."></span> innerHTML with values from the respective sources.

If you mean the layout of the two VWS files v.s. the layout of the WD clientraw.txt, then maybe this would be a help.
You can see the VWS files on my site, and download that script.
The layout for clientraw.txt is in c:\wdisplay\clientrawdescription.txt file.

I hope this helps...

Best regards,
Ken
Ken True/Saratoga, CA, USA main site: saratoga-weather.org
Davis VP1+ FARS, Blitzortung RED, GRLevel3, WD, WL, VWS, Cumulus, Meteobridge
Free weather PHP scripts/website templates - update notifications on Twitter saratogaWXPHP

Offline saratogaWX

• Administrator
  • Forecaster
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2017, 11:51:45 AM »
You may find the attached Excel spreadsheet useful.. I'd used it when putting together the tags/AJAX support for the various weather software with the template set.  Keep in mind that all I was trying to do was provide the same functionality that WD did when using the other software, and the other software may have more/different/less tags available than WD -- I only needed the corresponding tags used by the stock dashboard with WD.

Best regards,
Ken
Free weather PHP scripts/website templates - update notifications on Twitter saratogaWXPHP

Offline DaculaWeather

• WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
    • North Georgia Weather
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2017, 11:59:22 AM »
You may find the attached Excel spreadsheet useful.. I'd used it when putting together the tags/AJAX support for the various weather software with the template set.  Keep in mind that all I was trying to do was provide the same functionality that WD did when using the other software, and the other software may have more/different/less tags available than WD -- I only needed the corresponding tags used by the stock dashboard with WD.

Best regards,
Ken
YES! That's what I was looking for! Thanks Ken!

Offline DaculaWeather

• WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
    • North Georgia Weather
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2017, 12:21:36 PM »

Best regards,
Ken
YES! That's what I was looking for! Thanks Ken!
You don't have a copy that has all the rows expanded to normal row height do you? I'm having to go row by row and manually expand each one so I can see it. Not all rows are collapsed but I'm at row 682 and having to go backwards one row at a time to make it where I can see it. I've tried highlighting the rows and changing row height, I've tried unhiding (and they are not hidden). etc. I can go through row 682 back to 127 but it sure will take me awhile. I'm using Excel from MS Office 2013

Offline saratogaWX

• Administrator
  • Forecaster
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2017, 12:27:39 PM »
There was a filter set on the #WSN column.  Just deselect that filter and all will be revealed :)

Offline DaculaWeather

• WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
    • North Georgia Weather
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2017, 12:29:14 PM »
LOL! The one place I didn't look... and I'm very good with spreadsheets! :-) Thanks Ken!

anything