Author Topic: WU - Let us know your issues  (Read 185592 times)

Offline DoctorKnow

• Forecaster
Re: WU - Let us know your issues
« Reply #550 on: May 27, 2018, 12:01:30 PM »
I am curious if WU is planning new graphics, because some of them are just so ancient looking now, especially the Wundermap, and this is how they plan to "pay" for the upgrades, or maybe the new stuff they may be rolling out will not accommodate the current and past stuff they have taken away very easily? I would really hope whatever they're doing would be a lot more "user friendly" and "operable" than the current system. I just can't imagine why you would need to announce the ending of something like API without something else going on.

Offline rormeister

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #551 on: May 28, 2018, 11:24:37 AM »
Anyone beside myself annoyed at the lovely new (in your face) addition to our weather pages?

We value your privacy and want you to clearly understand the control you have over your information on all wunderground.com sites.  We have updated our Privacy Policy effective May 25, 2018.

Personally, WU continues to go downhill. I really wish there was a viable alternative. The rumors of dropping API support is just another straw on this camel's back.

Offline WheatonRon

• Forecaster
    • WUnderground
« Reply #552 on: May 28, 2018, 12:13:56 PM »
While you might think the privacy blurb is “in your face”, the likely reason for it is because of recent government mandates (primarily coming from the EU), that a website disclose what it is doing with information it may have collected when you visit such sites. So blame the governments, not WU for this one. I believe you will only see the blurb the first time you visit WU but no more thereafter. I don’t like the direction WU is going but the blurb is not their fault for a change. All reputable websites are updating their website privacy policies. The EU requirement must be met by June 1, I believe.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 12:39:28 PM by WheatonRon »
Davis VP2 with SHT31 (3 complete VP2 systems—2 with a daytime fan and 1 that has a 24 hour fan); CWOP--CW5020, FW3075 and FW4350; WU--KILWHEAT17, KILWHEAT36 and KILWHEAT39; WeatherCloud.net; CoCoRaHS--IL-DP-132; and Weatherlink 2.0

Offline Intheswamp

• Early on one frosty morn'...
  • Forecaster
  • Sure...I know enough to be dangerous, now.
    • Beeweather
« Reply #553 on: May 28, 2018, 01:00:08 PM »
Yep, I've got a sack full of "agreement changes" over the last few days.  I'm sure they all boil down to saying "We will use info that we get from you during your visit for whatever we wish to use it for and there's nothing you can do about.  By using our website you agree to that...or, you can leave."  Simple.

Davis VP2, v3.12
Cumulus v1.9.4  Build 1079
Today's weather beats no weather at all!
www.beeweather.com
www.beausandbonnets.com

Offline rormeister

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #554 on: May 28, 2018, 02:40:54 PM »
Yep, I've got a sack full of "agreement changes" over the last few days.  I'm sure they all boil down to saying "We will use info that we get from you during your visit for whatever we wish to use it for and there's nothing you can do about.  By using our website you agree to that...or, you can leave."  Simple.

Trust me, I get the EU privacy piece. But sadly WU doesn't use any cookies to 'encourage' the popup from not displaying. If like me, you have to regularly clear your cache just so WU pages will try to load correctly, you're toast. Bottom line, WU appears to given up the ghost on the PWS community.

Offline konz

• Senior Contributor
    • ArlingtonWX
« Reply #555 on: May 28, 2018, 06:02:34 PM »
I commented out my WU feed for 30-days until Jul 1st...just to see how it goes.  FOMO may get the better of me though.  :lol:

Offline Jstx

• Senior Contributor
  • Baby the Rain Must Fall
« Reply #556 on: May 28, 2018, 08:24:20 PM »
(I posted this on the WU 'Privacy Policy Popup' thread recently, it fits even better here)

"Like the OP I have been getting various privacy advisory popups for a while.
Today I got an extensive 'permissions/privacy' popup, with several "opt-in/opt-out" choices, etc.
Since I use a VPN (built into my favored Opera browser) and it shifts my IP location around the world, I assume that today I'm 'located' in Europe and got the full website disclosure. I selected some of them and submitted it.

It would be nice if our own political 'leadership' would ensure our own Net Neutrality, some ISP and telecomm regulation, and extensive privacy protections as the Euros seem to be doing.
Some of the stuff going on could set your hair afire, check out the Electronic Frontier Foundation ( eff.org ) for some info on the issues (they've been around a long time, and have lots of info on how to protect yourself online and on the ol' smartphone).

Back on WU, now a couple other functions seem to have gone wonky, like updating the "View" section. I wish that WU would quit jacking with the good working stuff.

I have one thing that used to work but doesn't anymore: I used to like to set up the "View" to show 6-8 days of graphing, with the last day(s) as the next calendar day or two. That way you get a nice graph of a week, and it automatically slides into the next day, minimizing your needing to update it.
Now if you specify the last day of the range as beyond today it comes back with a stupid 'calendar error' message, so your last day entry has to be limited to "today".

Not only that, the current day (today) always stops graphing about 1500h in the afternoon, updates/refreshes have no effect. Then you have no afternoon and evening day's graph until after a post midnight refresh.

These idiotic changes were made in the last year or so, you really have to wonder if WU swapped out their reasonably skilled IT/web design crew for a bunch of clueless scriptkiddies."

Offline BrianLehan

• Grace C Lehan Memorial Weather Station
« Reply #557 on: May 28, 2018, 10:47:03 PM »
I only quickly skimmed through the 23 pages of this thread so maybe it has already been requested but I mainly saw posts about webcam image issues...

I would like to see WU fix the issue with the Mesonet Station data and get it to start working again. Both my VWS template and the Saratoga-Weather php scripts feature it and it has been broken for a long time now. I think it finally broke when the Weather Exchange application also stopped working which I miss too.

I also miss the today's historical highs and lows (temp and date) data which also stopped working in VWS and I have had consistency issues pulling it with the api but then again I'm not a rocket scientist when it comes to using the api.

Thanks in advance
Brian
Davis Vantage Pro 2 plus
VWS 15x on Windows 7
Sarasota-Weather Template
Gr3 Radar

Offline waiukuweather

• Forecaster
« Reply #558 on: May 28, 2018, 11:52:21 PM »
I would not be expecting those things to be fixed now at all

Offline rormeister

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #559 on: May 29, 2018, 08:22:55 PM »
I would not be expecting those things to be fixed now at all

And just when we say that, this happens:

Does the WU Giant awaken? Time will tell...maybe.

Offline antstrafer

• Contributor
« Reply #560 on: May 30, 2018, 07:57:07 AM »
Error: Authorization failed. (unlimited more tries)  KTXTHALI2

what do I do now? 2 months no problems now this

this PWS is not reporting
Last updated: 5/29/2018, 2:04:19 PM,
17 hours ago

System Message
Error: Weather Underground
« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 11:40:47 AM by antstrafer »
Davis Vantage Pro2 plus     Meteobridge

CWOP FW5142    PWS THAI817    MADIS F5142
WU KTXTHALI2    AWEKAS           weatherobs

Offline catdon

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #561 on: May 30, 2018, 11:39:34 AM »
Geez  so many different problems...For the last day my reported temp readings are bouncing up and down every few minutes...I also just noticed now my station is reporting things like soil temp, that I don't even have. Readings are fine on my other reporting sites.
Don
Staten Island, NY

Offline chief-david

• Educational Weather
  • Forecaster
  • Space Academy for Educators
    • Benilde-St. Margaret's Weather
« Reply #562 on: May 30, 2018, 12:08:07 PM »
I have given up. They can have data. Fine. But my webcam has not worked in 3 months. don't think it ever will.

You can't phase me-I teach Middle School.
It's not you-It's WU.

Offline antstrafer

• Contributor
« Reply #563 on: May 30, 2018, 02:42:43 PM »
back up at 1215 local.   I am now getting soil temp and moisture readings also.  Wish I had soil and moisture sensors.  Anywho back to normal, whatever normal is now.  tks to whoever
fixed this 

Offline joegr

« Reply #564 on: May 30, 2018, 03:35:33 PM »
Yep, apparently I have a soil temperature of -1.0 F and soil moisture of - 1.0.

Offline antstrafer

• Contributor
« Reply #565 on: May 30, 2018, 04:25:39 PM »
Yep, apparently I have a soil temperature of -1.0 F and soil moisture of - 1.0.

sounds about right, log it in

Offline KB3ZWI

« Reply #566 on: May 30, 2018, 05:22:52 PM »
Error: Authorization failed. (unlimited more tries)  KTXTHALI2

what do I do now? 2 months no problems now this

this PWS is not reporting
Last updated: 5/29/2018, 2:04:19 PM,
17 hours ago

System Message
Error: Weather Underground

Hey antstrafer, I've been having the same issue since Monday. I got a new D-Link DR-505 router that I made into a Meteobridge and it worked like a champ on Sunday. Monday morning rolls around and my station is having all kinds of issues and the Meteobridge keeps flagging WU.

I was losing my mind thinking there was an issue with the bridge. I plugged my Acurite SmartHub into my computer, bridged the network connections, and fired up Kevin's Acurite SmartHub Software and it was flooded with bad request messages from WU.

Something is definitely broken on WU's end. I sent an email asking what gives and haven't heard anything.  I know user Colorado Weather sent an email to Kevin about his software so maybe we'll get addtional details. For now, I've disabled sending data to WU because it's just causing other problems with getting data to my other weather services, including CWOP.

Offline Intheswamp

• Forecaster
    • Beeweather
« Reply #567 on: May 30, 2018, 10:37:23 PM »
Ya'll, I'm about ready to pull the plug on WU.  I just checked in and it's telling that my station is offline and has been for the last 3-4 days.  It pushes anyone looking for Rutledge weather conditions down to "Brantley" which is only 17-18 miles from me.  PWS, CWOP, and SEWN all seem to be working fine with my data uploads...and I've done nothing with any of the settings. :roll:  I've still got my gold star rating, though!!!! \:D/

Davis VP2, v3.12
www.beeweather.com
www.beausandbonnets.com

Offline antstrafer

• Contributor
« Reply #568 on: May 30, 2018, 11:25:25 PM »
I did not know
intellicast used WU PWS data

http://www.intellicast.com/About/PWS.aspx

Offline Flessan

« Reply #569 on: May 31, 2018, 09:17:32 AM »
My graphs and data display stopped updating around 6:45 PM yesterday.  Prior to that, I was seeing the bug where temps, dewpoints, and even rain rate was jumping up and down.  My daily summary for today has incorrect highs, lows, and wind speed. Oddly enough, the rapid fire shows the correct numbers for temps.

Speaking of rapid fire...the update interval appears to be one minute now instead of every few seconds.  Pretty useless, really.  I hope they can fix these issues soon.

I did send an email to help@wunderground.com.  Fingers crossed.

KFLRIVER11

Offline Intheswamp

• Forecaster
    • Beeweather
« Reply #570 on: May 31, 2018, 10:15:13 AM »
 :oops: :oops: :oops:
Does the red faces tell you anything?

Boy was I mad when I saw that WU had put my station OFFLINE!!!  Really got a quick knee-jerk reaction out of me!!!  The nerve of them!!!! Especially after sending my good information to them for years!!!  Sheesh.

I was getting ready to leave a bad status message on my WU site, basically saying I was getting ready to delete the station.  Something made me wonder if "William" had even contacted me about my station being offline.  The notice on my WU page said that BeeWeather.com hadn't reported since the 27th so I looked through my email around that time...and I found something!!!!!  It was a....password change notice!!!!  #-o  I remembered I had changed my WU password BUT I forgot to change it in Cumulus.  ](*,)  ](*,)  ](*,)

So, even though WU is dropping the ball on lots of things, apparently, I have to give them my apologies for blaming them on my station "not reporting".  And I'll also, say, other than *me* causing my WU webpage to have problems, other than the weather-cam not showing, everything else has continued to cruise along mostly unimpeded.

I'll crawl back beneath my rock now....  #-o

Davis VP2, v3.12
www.beeweather.com
www.beausandbonnets.com

Offline azchrisf

• Cobra Weather Dominator Operator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #571 on: May 31, 2018, 01:21:27 PM »
Having issues like others are again - temps are showing a sawtooth pattern of up and down, yet they are fine elsewhere. Plus the wrong temp or maybe a temp from hours ago is showing up.

Sigh...have these guys ever heard of Sandbox development? You never do stuff to a live site unless your sure it won't break it.  #-o
Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus 6163 w/ 8 Transmitters!
Also doing Soil and Leaf 4x
WU: KAZGLEND106 CWOP: FW1398 (F1398) Purpleair: 98793/LAZGLEND8
My setup:
https://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=41867.0

Offline SLOweather

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
    • Weatherelement Moline IL
« Reply #572 on: May 31, 2018, 01:56:06 PM »
Sigh...have these guys ever heard of Sandbox development?

Sometimes, the sandbox is where the cat poops.

Offline SWX

« Reply #573 on: May 31, 2018, 04:31:13 PM »
My only issue is with the site, for the past week or so I’ve only been able to view data from the present day in the summary section, can’t view the previous day, week, month, etc. as it doesn’t load.
Wunderground / PWS Weather
Ambient Weather WS-2902A
Ambient WeatherBridge
Ecowitt GW1000
Ecowitt WH31
Ecowitt WH41
Ecowitt WH51 x 2
Ecowitt WH57
Ecowitt WS68

Offline PooreBoy

• My PWS
« Reply #574 on: May 31, 2018, 04:34:20 PM »
I cannot access any of the local stations in my area. I keep getting a server error:
Oops! There's been a glitch.
This happens on my pws https://www.wunderground.com/q/zmw:37769.1.99999?sp=KTNROCKY3&hdf=1, and when searching for a station for 37769 https://www.wunderground.com/q/zmw:37769.1.99999?hdf=1.

anything