Author Topic: Pantech WH2900plus  (Read 1251 times)

Offline Ozibob

Pantech WH2900plus
« on: February 07, 2019, 05:46:56 PM »
HI all,

I need to replace my old weather station (fine offset) has it has been taken out by some horses lol
I have been looking at the  PanTech Weather Station Wifi Wireless Professional Solar Power UV WH WH2900 PLUS ( this is what it is called in Australia).

Some questions?
1. Can you publish the data to your own website ( currently using the weather34 one  =D> =D>)
    If not can you use something like meteobridge to do it?

2. If unable to can anyone suggest one around the cost?

Thanks

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
Re: Pantech WH2900plus
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2019, 07:28:16 PM »
Yes it can be done. That PanTech by the way is equivalent to an Ambient 2902A or a Fine Offset WH2900. Probably one of the most popular weather stations to currently buy. Lots of community support because of its popularity and very flexible. But you'll need to invest in additional hardware and software to get it to do what you want and you need to have some tech skills to follow what many others have done to accomplish this.

Follow this link for some methods. For you since you may be getting a version of the weather station that transmits at 433 MHz instead of 915 MHz instead of an ObserverIP you'll need something like an Aercus Weather Logger (same thing just different name). All you have to do is match the frequency. If the PanTech is 433 MHz then the Aercus Weather Looger will work....if on the other hand the PanTech uses 915 MHz then the ObserverIP will work. Like wise for the SDR method you'll need something that is able to pick up the proper frequencies. If you want to try the network redirect method then frequency doesn't matter and that is just redirecting traffic to the WeeWx system on your network. For the Meteobridge solution you'll need the ObserverIP or Aercus Weather Logger. See below link for details.

I know the link post is titled regarding publishing to CWOP but the solution works to do whatever you want and expand your weather station hardware by connecting a different weather software that has more capabilities like running W34 template or any other template and publishing to a number of online weather services.
https://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=34922.0

That link does not provide step by step instructions but it is just intended to explain the methods and the requirements. You then decide and search and find instructions or help on accomplishing that method.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2019, 07:36:25 PM by galfert »
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

Offline Ozibob

Re: Pantech WH2900plus
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2019, 05:59:07 PM »
Thanks for the info.
Something to think about