Author Topic: Meteotemplate - new free website template  (Read 629656 times)

Offline i_fiorentino

• Forecaster
  • Davis Vantage Vue, Boltek Stormtr., Mobotix M22-IT
    • Meteopistoia.it
Re: Meteotemplate - new free website template
« Reply #6225 on: March 16, 2017, 05:25:10 AM »
Yes and I see a nice Vue icon in your menu

Great!
Thank you Jachym!
Regards,

Alessandro

Offline Jáchym

• Meteotemplate Developer
  • Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
Meteotemplate - Plugins Discontinued - Live Gauges MB, WD
« Reply #6226 on: March 16, 2017, 07:33:30 AM »
Plugins Discontinued - Live Gauges MB, WD

Hi guys,

the Live Gauges WD and Live Gauges MB are discontinued because the files used for the updates have been replaced by the API (mbLive, clientraw).

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
Meteotemplate - New Block – Videos
« Reply #6228 on: March 16, 2017, 09:17:01 AM »
Meteotemplate - New Block – Videos

Hi guys,

the name pretty much says it all…. block showing unlimited number of MP4 videos. Just specify the URL, titles and you are ready to go.

DEMO: http://www.meteotemplate.com/template/indexBlockDemoWide.php?block=videos

Enjoy

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
Meteotemplate - looking for volunteers
« Reply #6229 on: March 16, 2017, 12:46:24 PM »
Hi guys,

I am looking for a user with whose help I could develop some more stuff thanks to the new API.

I am looking for someone who fits the following criteria:
 - you are running Meteotemplate 12.0
 - you are using the API script for the udpates
 - you have some extra sensors (eg. temperature, humidity etc.)

If you fulfil all the above and would like to help me, then please PM me or use my email.

Thanks

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
Meteotemplate - Plugin Update – SteelSeries 3.0
« Reply #6230 on: March 16, 2017, 06:19:41 PM »
Plugin Update – SteelSeries 3.0

Hi guys,

I added an extra parameter to the setup where you can specify the gauge update timeout. This means you set the number of minutes after which the gauges will stop updating. This can be useful if for example some visitor leaves the page opened and it then updates every few seconds infinitely long. If however you set this to for example 10 minutes, then after 10 minutes the gauges will stop updating to save resources. If you set this to some very large number then it means the gauges will never stop updating.

If you are updating this plugin, make absolutely sure you update all the files, including the ones in the folders, then after you update the files go to the setup and set this new limit (in the Status section), click save and you are done.

Enjoy

Offline jeffm5690

• Forecaster
    • Long Island New York Weather
« Reply #6231 on: March 16, 2017, 06:51:26 PM »
Hi Fellow Meteotemplate Users!

I have not used grlevelx for a long time (since the old version stopped).  I just d/l a trial and trying to get my site to display again.  It is weird.  I have the images going into my folder.

I am thinking it is related to the "relative path"...  I attached some screenshots.

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #6232 on: March 16, 2017, 07:33:59 PM »
Hi Jeff,
not sure why you posted the screens from your PHPMyAdmin, the block/plugin does not use this.

For the paths, try ../../grlevelx/

Offline jeffm5690

• Forecaster
« Reply #6233 on: March 16, 2017, 07:40:14 PM »
Hi Jeff,
not sure why you posted the screens from your PHPMyAdmin, the block/plugin does not use this.

For the paths, try ../../grlevelx/

Oh crap.  I attached the wrong pics.....

Offline jeffm5690

• Forecaster
« Reply #6234 on: March 16, 2017, 08:00:50 PM »
So...  Nothing shows on my homepage.  Like the block is not there.  I attached the correct screenshots this time lol

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
Meteotemplate - Plugin Update - Live Gauges API 2.0
« Reply #6235 on: March 17, 2017, 07:37:15 AM »
Plugin Update - Live Gauges API 2.0

Hi guys

added possibility to add time of last update at the top and also set its format (see setup page).

Enjoy

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #6236 on: March 17, 2017, 07:43:27 AM »
So...  Nothing shows on my homepage.  Like the block is not there.  I attached the correct screenshots this time lol

Hi Jeff,
just checked your FTP. The problem is not with the block. Look in the grlevelx folder on your server. It is empty. Nothing is being uploaded there so the block automatically hides rather than showing nothing... it is set to hide if no images are found.

Offline vreihen

• El Nińo chaser
  • Forecaster
  • K2BIG
Re: Meteotemplate - Plugin Update – SteelSeries 3.0
« Reply #6237 on: March 17, 2017, 08:50:32 AM »
I added an extra parameter to the setup where you can specify the gauge update timeout. This means you set the number of minutes after which the gauges will stop updating. This can be useful if for example some visitor leaves the page opened and it then updates every few seconds infinitely long. If however you set this to for example 10 minutes, then after 10 minutes the gauges will stop updating to save resources. If you set this to some very large number then it means the gauges will never stop updating.

Captain Coredump here.  :lol:  I set that parameter to a large integer (65535), and the gauges stopped updating completely!  The time of last update was 0:00:00, it switched to metric, and the trends were missing.  #-o

I also noticed that whenever I go back into the setup page, the tool tips keeps changing back to hover when I have it set to click (since my tablet doesn't have hover).

Another glitch is that the rain rate gauge appear to be ignoring the max rain rate inches setting.  I told it 8, it is displaying a gauge with 0.0 - 0.5 inches.

Plugin version 3.0, block version 2.2, data updates via API.

Maybe I did something wrong when updating?  I deleted both old folders, un-zipped the replacements, and ran through the plugin/block setups from scratch.

I also have a general question about the SS gauges.  Is there a reason why some of them only offer analog versions (types 1-4), and others only offer digital versions (types 5-8)?  It drives me nuts when I see mixed analog/digital gauges on race car instrument panels, and the rain gauge cluster being one analog and one digital is messing with my OCD brain.....  :lol:
WU Gold Stars for everyone! :lol:

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #6238 on: March 17, 2017, 09:09:59 AM »
Some of the things you mentioned were bugs in previous versions, based on what you told me it looks like you maybe during one of the updates did not update one of the files and it corrupted the settings file because I am unable to replicate the issues you mention.

Never mind, the click/hover is a bug (typo... accidentally put = instead of ==...), with regards to the offline thing, does it work if you put eg. 1000? It could be that if the number is too large it overflows the JS
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 09:14:49 AM by Jáchym »

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #6239 on: March 17, 2017, 09:16:50 AM »
Arthur Im not sure what you mean with the digital thing, I just switched to digital font and all the guages have digital font

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
Metoffice - API changes
« Reply #6240 on: March 17, 2017, 09:21:40 AM »
Nice.... I have to admit Im getting a bit tired of this, NWS/NOAA, now Metoffice:

In early April we will be beginning the process of migrating users from the existing version of DataPoint to a new service. The existing DataPoint service will be switched off at the end of summer 2017. A first step in the improvements will involve our many thousands of existing users re-registering for the new developer portal and obtaining a new API key per application.  First-time users will also need to register. 

I read the info and basically, all urls and data formats will be changed and you will even have to register for a new API key.

Maybe best not to use external sources at all really...

Offline vreihen

• El Nińo chaser
  • Forecaster
  • K2BIG
« Reply #6241 on: March 17, 2017, 10:52:28 AM »
Arthur Im not sure what you mean with the digital thing, I just switched to digital font and all the guages have digital font

PhotoBucket is having issues letting me logon and upload this morning, so I can't post a screenshot at the moment.

To clarify what I meant, I'm talking about analog needles versus digital LED rings.  The rain rate and precipitation for example are an attached gauge pair, where the rain rate is an analog needle (types 1-4) but the precipitation is a digital LED ring (types 5-8).  Putting the individual solar and UV gauges side-by-wide is likewise a mix of the two types.  Just wondering if there was a technical reason why all 8 types are not available for each gauge, since this is messing with my OCD brain?????  :lol:

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #6242 on: March 17, 2017, 11:01:25 AM »
Yes, a technical problem because the gauges behave differently, it is not impossible, but I would have to make lot of further changes in the original SS script

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
Re: Metoffice - API changes
« Reply #6243 on: March 17, 2017, 11:02:17 AM »
Nice.... I have to admit Im getting a bit tired of this, NWS/NOAA, now Metoffice:

In early April we will be beginning the process of migrating users from the existing version of DataPoint to a new service. The existing DataPoint service will be switched off at the end of summer 2017. A first step in the improvements will involve our many thousands of existing users re-registering for the new developer portal and obtaining a new API key per application.  First-time users will also need to register. 

I read the info and basically, all urls and data formats will be changed and you will even have to register for a new API key.

Maybe best not to use external sources at all really...

This is why one always tries to avoid using HTML scraping and use an API... looks like it doesnt really matter and best to use just your own data

Offline jeffm5690

• Forecaster
« Reply #6244 on: March 17, 2017, 11:54:03 AM »

Hi Jeff,
just checked your FTP. The problem is not with the block. Look in the grlevelx folder on your server. It is empty. Nothing is being uploaded there so the block automatically hides rather than showing nothing... it is set to hide if no images are found.

So this is strange.  I have images there.

http://www.linyweather.net/grlevelx/

Offline vreihen

• El Nińo chaser
  • Forecaster
  • K2BIG
« Reply #6245 on: March 17, 2017, 12:02:35 PM »
Some of the things you mentioned were bugs in previous versions, based on what you told me it looks like you maybe during one of the updates did not update one of the files and it corrupted the settings file because I am unable to replicate the issues you mention.

I first installed SS last weekend, and only did the one update this morning...by renaming the old folder and un-zipping the new plugin/block archives in their place.

With the old version 2.0 plugin, the rain rate and precipitation gauges both scale from the max rain rate entry when using inches.  On the block (version 2.1) side, precipitation seems to be scaling from the max rain rate setting, and the rain rate gauge is scaling to 0.5 no matter what I enter.

When I put the 3.0 plugin and 2.2 block folders back, the same exact thing happens.  Both folders were downloaded and unzipped in place on the server, and the folder they replaced were renamed beforehand.  There is zero chance of cross-contamination, assuming that the blocks/plugins are being distributed as complete packages and not just updated files.  Oh, and I cleared the plugin's cache folder to delete the "yesterday" file.

... with regards to the offline thing, does it work if you put eg. 1000? It could be that if the number is too large it overflows the JS

I specifically chose 65,535 because it is the largest value that would fit into an unsigned 16-bit integer.  Does JS used signed integers by default?  Apparently not, since 35,000 worked but 39,000 did not.  Maybe my brain is failing, but it seems fishy in a binary sense.....

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #6246 on: March 17, 2017, 12:25:15 PM »

Hi Jeff,

It must be something to do with that redirection you have set. Go to your FTP and when you open the folder with the template files, in which you have the indexDesktop etc. and you open grlevelx, it is empty

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #6247 on: March 17, 2017, 12:28:23 PM »

I first installed SS last weekend, and only did the one update this morning...by renaming the old folder and un-zipping the new plugin/block archives in their place.

With the old version 2.0 plugin, the rain rate and precipitation gauges both scale from the max rain rate entry when using inches.  On the block (version 2.1) side, precipitation seems to be scaling from the max rain rate setting, and the rain rate gauge is scaling to 0.5 no matter what I enter.

When I put the 3.0 plugin and 2.2 block folders back, the same exact thing happens.  Both folders were downloaded and unzipped in place on the server, and the folder they replaced were renamed beforehand.  There is zero chance of cross-contamination, assuming that the blocks/plugins are being distributed as complete packages and not just updated files.  Oh, and I cleared the plugin's cache folder to delete the "yesterday" file.

... with regards to the offline thing, does it work if you put eg. 1000? It could be that if the number is too large it overflows the JS

I specifically chose 65,535 because it is the largest value that would fit into an unsigned 16-bit integer.  Does JS used signed integers by default?  Apparently not, since 35,000 worked but 39,000 did not.  Maybe my brain is failing, but it seems fishy in a binary sense.....

Arthur I am not the author of this script, I modified it, but I did not check each single line - and I knew very well why I didnt want to use this... but so many people asked for this so I used Mark´s script, it is the only plugin/block that uses mostly script I didnt make and so Im unable to answer your questions. It really is not a block/plugin I wanted to make for particualrly this reason. There is a parameter at the top for the offline interval, just like there is a parameter for max rain rate. I set them both using PHP using data from the setup page. Why it is doing what it is doing I cannot tell now. Maybe I should really delete these because Im unable to provide support or check the scripts. They are very long and it is thousands of lines to check to understand what exactly it is doing.

The hover/click thing is my mistake and I can fix that.

Offline jeffm5690

• Forecaster
« Reply #6248 on: March 17, 2017, 01:05:51 PM »

Hi Jeff,

It must be something to do with that redirection you have set. Go to your FTP and when you open the folder with the template files, in which you have the indexDesktop etc. and you open grlevelx, it is empty

I think you are ftp'ing to my old site.  The 1&1 does not have anything in the folder.  The site that is up and running does...  I will send you the ftp info via PM

Offline vreihen

• El Nińo chaser
  • Forecaster
  • K2BIG
« Reply #6249 on: March 17, 2017, 02:17:57 PM »
Arthur I am not the author of this script, I modified it, but I did not check each single line - and I knew very well why I didnt want to use this... but so many people asked for this so I used Mark´s script, it is the only plugin/block that uses mostly script I didnt make and so Im unable to answer your questions. It really is not a block/plugin I wanted to make for particualrly this reason.

After examining the code for both the block and plugin, I can see where your frustration comes from.  The variable names appear to be inconsistent/wrong in several places upon quick examination, and the block's gauge code for the rain rate has an auto-ranging algorithm with 0.5 inches as the default instead of what was specified in the config (possibly part of a VWS data bug workaround).

Is Mark a member here, or is he the original SS developer?  I've got a few "blind" hacks/changes that appear to have fixed the problems for me, but would rather have the author check and apply my changes than share my hacked files with everyone.....

anything