Author Topic: Me or them?  (Read 3403 times)

Offline SlowModem

• Weather at the speed of dialup!
  • Forecaster
  • WX @ 26.4 kbs
    • Watts Bar Weather
Me or them?
« on: March 24, 2014, 04:20:55 PM »
FYI, I couldn't help myself.   #-o  I had to know if I had a bad camera, if I messed the camera up, or what.  So I got another Foscam 8905 like the one I already had and so far it seems to be doing ok.  But I'll let it run and see if it continues to perform.  The picture is ok, but it was on the previous camera, too.  But the previous camera would run for 48 hours or so then stop.  So we'll see how it goes.  Stay tuned...........

Greg Whitehead
Ten Mile, TN USA

Offline Intheswamp

• Early on one frosty morn'...
  • Forecaster
  • Sure...I know enough to be dangerous, now.
    • Beeweather
Re: Me or them?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2014, 04:52:01 PM »
Looking good so far!!!!!!

Davis VP2, v3.12
Cumulus v1.9.4  Build 1079
Today's weather beats no weather at all!
www.beeweather.com
www.beausandbonnets.com

Offline SlowModem

• Forecaster
  • WX @ 26.4 kbs
    • Watts Bar Weather
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2014, 06:44:58 PM »
FYI, I couldn't help myself.   #-o  I had to know if I had a bad camera, if I messed the camera up, or what.  So I got another Foscam 8905 like the one I already had and so far it seems to be doing ok.  But I'll let it run and see if it continues to perform.  The picture is ok, but it was on the previous camera, too.  But the previous camera would run for 48 hours or so then stop.  So we'll see how it goes.  Stay tuned...........

Well I'm at work and it's not updating.  Either yawcam is messed up or the camera is messed up.  It had to wait until I left to do that.   ](*,)
Greg Whitehead
Ten Mile, TN USA

Offline DanS

• Chiang Mai weather
  • Forecaster
    • ThaiWx
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2014, 06:53:48 PM »
Two different cameras doing the same thing kind of points elsewhere (other than the cameras). Hope you nail it. :-k

Offline Intheswamp

• Forecaster
    • Beeweather
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2014, 10:36:40 PM »
Man, I know how frustrating that can be!  Greg, have you tried WebcamXP?  I tried YawCam with my usb Logitech 920 and couldn't get it to work well (at all?).  I tried WebcamXP and it has really worked nicely.  I'm not sure how it'd do with the IP camera but it might be worth giving a shot.  I wish I knew what to tell you.

Btw, another swarm today<sigh>.  Had to get this one out of a privet hedge thicket...about dark, they didn't want to budge, they thought my hands were for target practice, oh and they were a bit grumpy....did I mention they were grumpy?  I wanted to put them back in the hive and look for any queen cells and take those out once I confirm there's a queen in the swarm.  She's just about got to be a virgin since this swarm issued from the same hive that swarmed last Thursday.  :-|  That hive has got to be about bled dry of bees.  :sad:

Ed

Davis VP2, v3.12
www.beeweather.com
www.beausandbonnets.com

Offline SlowModem

• Forecaster
  • WX @ 26.4 kbs
    • Watts Bar Weather
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2014, 11:34:22 PM »
Ironically, yawcam ran flawlessly with the logitec 9000.

I'll check it when I get home.  The software that came with the camera uploads ok, but I like the timestamp overlay that I get with yawcam.

I will consider trying webcamxp if I get a day off this weekend.  I'm always open to suggestions.

(when I owned a nightclub and played in the band, we would often get a suggestion, but we played anyway!   8-)  )
Greg Whitehead
Ten Mile, TN USA

Offline Intheswamp

• Forecaster
    • Beeweather
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2014, 12:59:37 AM »

(when I owned a nightclub and played in the band, we would often get a suggestion, but we played anyway!   8-)  )
:lol:

Davis VP2, v3.12
www.beeweather.com
www.beausandbonnets.com

Offline SlowModem

• Forecaster
  • WX @ 26.4 kbs
    • Watts Bar Weather
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2014, 06:39:57 AM »
A reboot of the computer has solved the problem for now.  I will continue to monitor performance (after I sleep for a while   8-)  ).
Greg Whitehead
Ten Mile, TN USA

Offline SlowModem

• Forecaster
  • WX @ 26.4 kbs
    • Watts Bar Weather
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2014, 02:55:37 PM »
It was off when I got up a little while ago.  The computer was locked up.  The AVG had updated and wanted to do a scan.  Reboot again and working again.  Continuing to monitor.

It's too light for the camera to pick up, but it's snowing (YUCK) at 43F.  Hopefully it'll be gone before I have to go to work tonight.
Greg Whitehead
Ten Mile, TN USA

Offline Intheswamp

• Forecaster
    • Beeweather
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2014, 03:11:22 PM »
Snowing <groan>, it's ok if ya'll keep that up your way, Greg.<shiver>

I put that little swarm from yesterday on a hivestand this morning and gave it a quart of 1:1 syrup...it's supposed to be 29F down here tonight. Hope they make it.  I wonder if this is our "Easter snap"...but we still have several weeks until Easter, though.  Dogwood and blackberry have started blooming.  :?

Ed

Davis VP2, v3.12
www.beeweather.com
www.beausandbonnets.com

Offline SlowModem

• Forecaster
  • WX @ 26.4 kbs
    • Watts Bar Weather
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2014, 09:21:33 PM »
Right now I'm very pleased.  There's a night light behind my house.  That's one of the reasons I have the camera where it is.  It really shows up well, I think.  Now if it will just keep working..........
Greg Whitehead
Ten Mile, TN USA

Offline DanS

• Chiang Mai weather
  • Forecaster
    • ThaiWx
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2014, 09:54:11 PM »
Right now I'm very pleased.  There's a night light behind my house.  That's one of the reasons I have the camera where it is.  It really shows up well, I think.  Now if it will just keep working..........

That camera does have good low light sensitivity and good sharpness considering you're shooting through a window too. :-)

Offline cospringswx

• Forecaster
    • Colorado Springs Weather
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2014, 10:19:14 PM »

That camera does have good low light sensitivity and good sharpness considering you're shooting through a window too. :-)

Agreed. Not bad at all going through a window at night. Greg are there any lights on or is it pure darkness?

Ryan 

Colorado Springs, CO
www.cospringsweather.com
Davis Vantage Vue
Weather Display Software
Amcrest HD IP Camera

Offline Intheswamp

• Forecaster
    • Beeweather
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2014, 11:37:10 PM »
It does have good low-light sensitivity!  The light really helps things...now if you could just convince Bambi and family to step out from the trees. ;)  Lookin'good!!!!!

Ed

Davis VP2, v3.12
www.beeweather.com
www.beausandbonnets.com

Offline SlowModem

• Forecaster
  • WX @ 26.4 kbs
    • Watts Bar Weather
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2014, 11:56:49 PM »

Agreed. Not bad at all going through a window at night. Greg are there any lights on or is it pure darkness?

There's a night light (kind of like a street light) on a phone pole behind the house illuminating the area.
Greg Whitehead
Ten Mile, TN USA

Offline SlowModem

• Forecaster
  • WX @ 26.4 kbs
    • Watts Bar Weather
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2014, 04:13:25 AM »
Well, something locked up at 3:03 am EDT.  I'm curious to see what it is when I get home.
Greg Whitehead
Ten Mile, TN USA

Offline DanS

• Chiang Mai weather
  • Forecaster
    • ThaiWx
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2014, 04:25:01 AM »
Maybe try the s/w that came with the camera for a few days just to see if it still locks up or not.?.

Offline SlowModem

• Forecaster
  • WX @ 26.4 kbs
    • Watts Bar Weather
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2014, 06:34:23 AM »
Maybe try the s/w that came with the camera for a few days just to see if it still locks up or not.?.

It may be a conflict with a malware monitoring program.  I uninstalled it and rebooted.  It's working again now.  We'll try it again.   ](*,)

I thought of running the other software.  If this doesn't work, I will.  It just doesn't have the time stamp that I like.

I might try other software this weekend if I get a chance.
Greg Whitehead
Ten Mile, TN USA

Offline Intheswamp

• Forecaster
    • Beeweather
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2014, 09:41:02 AM »
Greg, WebcamXP has a time stamp capability.  On my webcam image all the text was added and positioned by me...other than the WebcamXP logo which is hardcoded into the free version.  It is flexible in time/date stamps, font size, color, positioning, etc.,.  Just thought I'd mention that to you.

Hopefully removing the malware monitor will fix things for you.

Ed

Davis VP2, v3.12
www.beeweather.com
www.beausandbonnets.com

anything