Author Topic: ajax-dashboard.php and php7  (Read 1938 times)

Offline bob_linux_user

• W4LCS Weather
ajax-dashboard.php and php7
« on: February 01, 2018, 05:57:46 PM »
Forgive me if this has been asked before. I updated one of my RPi2 to Debian 9 and discovered that the ajax-dashboard.php will not display. All other php files work and ajax works. Is it possible to use php7?

Bob

Offline ConligWX

• Forecaster
  • #conligwx
    • conligwx.org
Re: ajax-dashboard.php and php7
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2018, 06:07:36 PM »
Using php 7.1.13 and ajax dashboard here ok.
Regards Simon
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus (6162UK) • Daytime FARS • WeatherLink Live • AirLink • PurpleAir PA-II-SD • CumulusMX •

Offline bob_linux_user

• W4LCS Weather
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2018, 06:19:34 PM »
That is good to know. I must have a problem on my end. I will continue to investigate..It could be in Wxindex.php not getting to that point. How do I enable the Debug code and where does it create a .txt file?

Thanks
Bob

Online saratogaWX

• Administrator
  • Forecaster
  • Saratoga, CA, USA Weather - free PHP scripts
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2018, 09:59:39 PM »
Check the error_log for your webserver -- it will have the diagnostic info you need to find the error.

Your http://www.w4lcs.com/ site seems to show the dashboard now.

You can use check-fetch-times.php?show=info on your site to make sure you have curl and gd functions available.
use check-fetch-times.php?show=versions to make sure you have key files at current levels.

Yes, it works fine with PHP 7.*

« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 10:02:21 PM by saratogaWX »
Ken True/Saratoga, CA, USA main site: saratoga-weather.org
Davis VP1+ FARS, Blitzortung RED, GRLevel3, WD, WL, VWS, Cumulus, Meteobridge
Free weather PHP scripts/website templates - update notifications on Twitter saratogaWXPHP

Offline bob_linux_user

• W4LCS Weather
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2018, 07:13:24 AM »
Thanks for the reply. Yes, my online system is working fine now on Debian Jessie. I a took a spare Pi2 and did a new install of Debian Stretch Lite to see if I could do the upgrade to Debian 9. I now have it working after commenting out the call to atom-top-warning.php. There is something there that php7 does not like. I am going to troubleshoot that today. My plan is to have a production system that is free of the bulk from the old wview and years of upgrades. I did not do a fresh install of Jessie when I began this project and there is still a lot of fat on the system.

Thanks
Bob

Offline ConligWX

• Forecaster
  • #conligwx
    • conligwx.org
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2018, 08:57:25 AM »
As Ken says, check the apache error logs first. If they are inconclusive, then enable debug on apache log level and see what it is that is causing the issue.
Regards Simon
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus (6162UK) • Daytime FARS • WeatherLink Live • AirLink • PurpleAir PA-II-SD • CumulusMX •

Offline bob_linux_user

• W4LCS Weather
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2018, 01:23:19 PM »
Thanks for the help. Everything is working well on Debian 9 with php7. The check-fetch-times.php is a great tool. I had run it before but without the ?show=info and ?show=versions. I had some php7 additions to install. Additionally, I thought that I had the latest Base USA software but found that there were some new files after the Base USA was zipped. Thanks to all.  =D>

Bob

anything