Author Topic: WS-1400-IP Out of Stock - New Upgrade / Model Version Coming?  (Read 405 times)

Offline MrM1

• Bethel Weather
I notice the WS-1400-IP is now out-of-stock on the Ambient Weather Site (amazon still has them).  This led me to wonder if, like the IP camera,  is there an update coming? 

I wrote Ambient Weather and asked and got a simple response.  Yes!  in 2 months. 

I was going to purchase a 2nd WS-1400-IP ... but now wonder ...
1. should I wait? 
2. what might the upgrades be?  better sensors?  improved radiation temp shield? 
3. will ambient be releasing a sensor array to compete with the upcoming AcuRite Atlas series?

I more or less like my 1400 ISS but ... that AcuRite Elite with Lightening etc looks very interesting. 

Anyone heard anymore about the improvements (if any to Ambient Weathers ISS models)

Offline DoctorKnow

• Forecaster
Re: WS-1400-IP Out of Stock - New Upgrade / Model Version Coming?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2017, 08:18:02 AM »
You can visit fine offset site to see what they have. This is likely where the hardware will come from.

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2017, 09:38:13 AM »
Or search the FCC site - they have to list test results before releasing anything stateside.

Offline MrM1

• Bethel Weather
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2017, 09:37:43 AM »
I'm not seeing anything unique at fine offset, but ambient's response to me made me wonder if they were too were not cooking up some response to the new Atlas series yet to be released.

Sent from my XT1609 using Tapatalk

Offline MrM1

• Bethel Weather
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2017, 09:39:21 AM »
Ambient's products might not be the best, but their CS gas been excellent. It would be nice to have their CS with a great product.

Offline dport

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2017, 01:39:15 PM »
Great news regarding the new product coming out in 2 months.  Thanks for the info.  Looks like we'll have a fun fall researching/reviewing/purchasing new stations from Ambient, Acurite, and Weather Flow (I'm skeptical on Weather Flow though).

Offline MrM1

• Bethel Weather
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2017, 08:16:05 AM »
Well the old stock is now completely sold out on amazon. Yesterday afternoon they had 4 and were sold out by 9pm est. Ebay sellers prices immediately went from $189 to over $200

Offline annetoal

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2017, 07:58:05 PM »
The latest firmware version has provisions for a WS-1600-IP. Your post makes me think this is the model number of the 1400's replacement.

Anne

Offline alanb

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2017, 10:22:28 PM »
Back in Feb. or March of this year I was ready to buy an Ambient WS-1001. At that time, both the Ambient store and Amazon listed this model as "Not in stock" with no indication about when or if it would be available again. 2 or 3 weeks later, both vendors had it back in stock. But by then, I had decided to wait and see how the Acurite Atlas Elite will shake out (and still waiting on that). But my point is that just because the 1400 is currently not in stock doesn't necessarily mean it is discontinued. Time will tell I guess.
Alan

Offline MrM1

• Bethel Weather
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2017, 10:46:24 PM »
I am not going on stock quantities. It may not be being discontinued. But When I wrote ambient, they said, like the out of stock IP cam, an update was coming to the 1400

anything