Author Topic: Win 10 Weatherbug App no longer supported?  (Read 904 times)

Offline Sooner Al

• Old enough to know better...
Win 10 Weatherbug App no longer supported?
« on: June 27, 2016, 04:17:41 PM »
The Win 10 Weatherbug App apparently is no longer supported? If so how come it has not been pulled from the Windows 10 App Store?...Yikes....
Retired NWS ESA/ET
Sys: Davis VP2 (Wireless)

Offline parkernathan

• Forecaster
    • WeatherTogether
Re: Win 10 Weatherbug App no longer supported?
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2016, 08:01:00 PM »
The Win 10 Weatherbug App apparently is no longer supported? If so how come it has not been pulled from the Windows 10 App Store?...Yikes....

Thanks for the feedback! I wanted to make a few clarifications:

1. Our app was actually a Windows 8 app (optimized for Windows 8, not 10). We have discontinued it. It was built on our old data feed and limited in general.

2. Where at are you seeing the app? I'm not seeing it in the weather section of the Windows Store, but it still shows up in my library since I "own" the app. I'm trying to discern if we have "pulled" it from the store, but it's still visible for those that "own" it in their app libraries.

3. We do have plans to release a brand-new Windows 10 app (in addition to making improvements on WeatherBug 10). The app will be built on our new "universal data feed" (Pulse), will have access to our new PWS feed when launched, and be better-optimized for Windows 10. ETA uncertain at this time. I've been told possibly this year.

Thanks!
Nathan Parker

Visit my blog at http://weathertogether.net

Offline Sooner Al

• Old enough to know better...
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2016, 06:13:44 AM »

1. Our app was actually a Windows 8 app (optimized for Windows 8, not 10). We have discontinued it. It was built on our old data feed and limited in general.

2. Where at are you seeing the app? I'm not seeing it in the weather section of the Windows Store, but it still shows up in my library since I "own" the app. I'm trying to discern if we have "pulled" it from the store, but it's still visible for those that "own" it in their app libraries.

3. We do have plans to release a brand-new Windows 10 app (in addition to making improvements on WeatherBug 10). The app will be built on our new "universal data feed" (Pulse), will have access to our new PWS feed when launched, and be better-optimized for Windows 10. ETA uncertain at this time. I've been told possibly this year.

Thanks!

Okay that explains why I am seeing it. I had owned the app previously when I ran Windows 8.1/8...

Looking forward to a Windows 10 version particularly if it has a live tile...

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
Retired NWS ESA/ET
Sys: Davis VP2 (Wireless)

Offline parkernathan

• Forecaster
    • WeatherTogether
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2016, 06:17:13 PM »

Thanks!

Okay that explains why I am seeing it. I had owned the app previously when I ran Windows 8.1/8...

Looking forward to a Windows 10 version particularly if it has a live tile...

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Yeah I think once you "own" an app, it remains visible in your library. Eventually it may show "not able to download", but on my Windows Store and iOS App Store accounts, I'm seeing apps I "own" for apps that have been sunsetted years ago. :-) I'm not seeing it showing up in the Weather section of the Windows Store, so I think it's OK.

Our Windows 10 app should have live tiles (the 8 app did), plus it should have the ability for lock screen notifications (the 8 app did). The 8 app was decent, but a Windows 10 app would be better for sure. I've moved to Windows 10 as my day to day work machine as well after ten years on a Mac. :-)
Nathan Parker

Visit my blog at http://weathertogether.net