Author Topic: CO/TECH new usb Weather Station  (Read 3092 times)

Offline TMA

• Trollan weather station
CO/TECH new usb Weather Station
« on: February 21, 2019, 08:22:34 AM »
Hi,

My old weather station is soon ending it's life. I see that here in the Nordic, Clas Ohlson do have a new one that is affordable. But, I want to know if this station is compatible to weewx. It's not in the compability list, but is there anyone that have got it to run on weewx?

https://www.clasohlson.com/uk/USB-Wireless-Weather-Station/Pr183676000

brg
Tor

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
Re: CO/TECH new usb Weather Station
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2019, 08:52:54 AM »
That is a UCTECH model FT0203. Although it mentions PC connectivity it doesn't say if that is only via their own software or if it supports other data transfer types. It also does not mention Weather Underground support. Most weather stations that support data transfer to Weather Underground can be made to work with WeeWx by using the Interceptor driver. But using the Interceptor driver has special network requirements that you connect the weather station directly to the WeeWx system and not on the regular network. On UCTECH website it is not listed as being Internet connected. I would say it doesn't look like you'll be able to use it with WeeWx.

I would recommend this station instead for only a little bit more money from Froggit. It is a Fine Offset clone same as the very popular Ambient WS-2902A in the US. The Froggit model has 433MHz instead of the 915MHz of the Ambient.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Profi-weather-station-Froggit-WH3000/dp/B06X6JPJ6Q/

Although this station I'm recommending will require you to set WeeWx up to use the Interceptor driver and the weather station must be on separate WIFi of the system running WeeWx to be able to intercept network traffic to get Weather Underground data.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2019, 08:55:55 AM by galfert »
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2019, 04:16:02 PM »
I just realized that Ambient Weather sells a similar model. The display is different but the outdoor sensors are the same. I thought Ambient only sold Fine Offset clones. This Ambient version also does not report to the Internet.

https://www.ambientweather.com/amws12.html
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

Offline SvenT

• Västerljung väder
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2021, 03:49:19 PM »
Hi
I also bought this one.
I sent an email to uctech today and asked for data format. Worth a try anyway...
/Sven
Byows on rpi

anything