Weather Station Hardware > Other Weather Station Hardware

Incorrect wind direction shown on display console, any help please? UPDATE

(1/5) > >>

damoedge:
Hello all,

This is my first time posting here and I hope to enjoy my experience.

A few weeks back I bought a Misol professional wireless weather station from China, here is the link to the site where I bought it:

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32809987885.html?spm=a2g0n.orderList.0.0.5516b752v3ZmIq

I will explain the problems in detail.

1. When I first started to use the weather station I noticed certain values on the display console would change automatically by themselves without any buttons being pressed.

Normal temperature changes to dew temperature.

Relative pressure changes to absolute pressure.

Day rain changes to event rain.

Wind speed changes to wind gust.

Again theses values change by themselves automatically without any buttons being pressed, this happens all the time every few hours, it's been happening since the very first day of operation.

2. The left side of the display console goes totally blank for a few seconds, this happens every few hours also. The sections are: time and date, weather forecast, pressure, UVI and the light section go black for a few seconds and come back on again.

3. This is the main problem for me, The wind direction arrow is stuck on "west" all of the time, it does not matter what direction the wind vain is facing, for example, the wind vain could be facing East but the wind direction arrow on the display console points to West all of the time. This started to happen around the 4th of February and I will prove this later.

To try and fix the wind direction problem I first replaced the batteries with new alkaline batteries in to the sensor array....no fix problem.  I then performed a factory reset on both the sensor array and on the display console...no fix problem.  The wind vain is spinning correctly in the wind direction.

The console is uploading data to weather underground all of the time since the first day. Here is the link to my weather station:

https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=IBALLINA6

On the link above (weather underground) if you go back to the date of February 4th and look at the wind direction graph you will see that something started to happen to wind direction?? When you go to the "next day" February 5th you will see that something major happened to wind direction at exactly 3.08am.  I have to say that at that time nothing physical happened to the sensor array or the display console.

I have a feeling that the problem is with the display console because of the other problems I have said above, or am I wrong? Maybe someone here would know?

I really would appreciate some help on this matter as it's annoying me  :sad:

Thanks all for reading this
D.

damoedge:
Someone must know, someone must be able to give me some advice on this, it's doing my head in...lol

Intheswamp:
Well, you've certainly been patient on waiting for a response from someone.  First thing, welcome to the forum!!!  It is a good group of folks here and some very knowledgeable people included (unfortunately I'm not one of the knowledgeable ones<grin>).

I would imagine the lack of feedback on this is due to no one has purchased or used one of these weather stations.  It is indeed my first time seeing the name.  Also, there are some decent stuff that comes via aliexpress.com but some things are questionable as to quality.  You may have gotten a mass produced and minimum quality controlled unit. Hopefully not and there is an obscure setting that needs checking to keep things from apparently defaulting to those undesired settings.  I think I would contact the seller and tell them the unit is defective and that you would like a refund...hopefully they will cooperate with you on that.

I know nothing to tell you about the changing of display or the blanking out of part of the display.  As for the wind direction being stuck on WEST have you removed the wind vane and manually turned the stem that the vane attaches to to be sure it is turning and that the vane isn't simply spinning on the stem?  Also, is the anemometer/wind-vane unit wired to the rest of the outdoor unit?  Have you checked plugs to be sure they're correct and solidly connected?  Are the console and outdoor unit well within the stated wireless range of the unit?  Regarding batteries...have you checked the ones that you are using to insure that they are good...being new doesn't necessarily mean that they are good and have a good charge on them.  Check them with a multi-meter or a dedicated battery-tester.

Maybe some of that will get some idea juices running in your brain, sorry I couldn't have been anymore help than I was but not being familiar with this unit it's hard to give you specific information or ideas.  At least maybe them will give you another bump for somebody else to see and comment on your situation.

Best wishes,
Ed

dupreezd:

--- Quote ---Well, you've certainly been patient on waiting for a response from someone.  First thing, welcome to the forum!!!  It is a good group of folks here
--- End quote ---

+1

I looked at the link you provided where you bought the unit and what seems odd is that the ISS is a WS-1200/1400 but the console is for a WS-2902 (Osprey).
You are getting data, so it must work that way.

As to the wind direction problem, I agree with Intheswamp, remove the vane and turn the shaft while checking the direction on the console. On my 1200 there is a flat spot on the shaft for the set screw on the wind vane to engage.

The Misol is an Ambient clone, so I would suggest posting this on the Ambient board as well. Might be the reason you had no replies.

weather34:

--- Quote from: damoedge on March 09, 2018, 04:26:18 AM ---Someone must know, someone must be able to give me some advice on this, it's doing my head in...lol

--- End quote ---

hello

i am 90% sure the wind sensor component inside the outdoor unit is faulty ...i think november last  year I stripped one of those down for a guy called sinan and his friend on here they had an identical problem almost . what we did was stripped it down (you will be amazed how rugged and cheaply these have been manufactured, i was shocked and was surprised really was) .

just below the wind vane small plastic pole as it inserts to the unit is a small plug in component(sorry i dont have pictures perhaps sinan has) with a circular white plastic i recall and 2 metallic sensors basically the wind vane rotates inside it , we reversed its position and it produced exactly the opposite direction of what they were seeing all the time. ill ask sinan as they got a replacement part from china Fine offset as it is just a simple plug in connector and the problem is fixed i will send you a PM if they have any info.

alternatively send it back if thats an option but if you reside in a relatively hot climate with long periods of high UV this product particularly the outdoor
has a life expectancy of 2-3 years before the plastic starts to turn brittle(yellow) and eventually crack or has we found the wind vane will just snapped off and turned to bits of dust..you could flick it and it just broke bits off.

brian

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version